Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Protocols:
    Determine the Seriousness of the Issue
    Code of Conduct Wise:
    Failed to Preserve the Enjoyment of the Server
    Failed to Remain Professional
    Failed to not Abuse their Power
    Description of the incident
    This incident began with the near-end of the round. I had just joined as a larva and was really only in an observer capacity as a runner for most of the round. What followed was sort and sweet at the FOB but I soon learned something was amiss. It would seem the marines had early evacced. This is almost certain to be a fact as the marines evacced with a fully intact tank, a great deal of supplies, and had (by the bioscan's count) evacced with 115 marines + crew left.
    For comparison, this would mean 35 xenos who had suffered grievous losses of their round start Queen and most T3s, would face off against 115 Marines and Crew + a fully intact tank. The only upside to this was that, due to the shortage of numbers, an ERT should theoretically be impossible for the marines.

Now, the xenos recognized that 35 younger tiered and aged xenos vs 115 Marines + Crew as well as an intact Tank would mean certain death. So, our Queen decided we would wait until our numbers could replenish and age. Afterall, the marines had the numbers easily (over 3x ours) and could come down and fight us quite easily considering they had so many marines uninjured and alive as well as a tank and whatever supplies could be mustered. Even the marines, through their actions later in returning to the planet, prove they as well thought the same thing about the current situation of the round ICly. Yet, the Admin Emerald Blood didn't approve of this wait-and-recover stance by the xenomorph Queen. That�s where we begin with our issues.

At this point, before continuing, I should note what the current situation of the round was. 115 or so marines + crew as well as an intact tank and great deal of material remained on the Almayer. The Xenomorphs had taken the FOB however at great losses to their T3s and knew heading up to the Almayer was suicide and foolish. Emerald Blood�s secretive ( I�ll go into that later) position, even when the marines began planning and enacting their idea to head back to the Prison Station and counterattack, was that the xenos should head up the Almayer and face their certain death. This is despite the logical IC reasoning of the xenos over concerns of marine numbers and the tank as well as the current plans being created by the marines to head back down which would end up solving the issue without staff involvement needed at all.

But, as I was saying. Following the xenos taking the FOB, Emerald Blood began secretly communing with our Queen via PMs and avoiding directly messaging the hive (possibly to prevent greater negative public opinion against their choice). I say this because, if the point of Emerald Blood was to get us on the ship and they were in the right, the simplest thing would have been to tell us to via the Queen Mother commands. Yet, the fact remains, the admin Emerald Blood did no such thing. Instead they communed privately with our Queen, never informing us the hive or ordering us the hive directly to attack the 115 marines, crew and a fully intact tank on the marines' home territory - a horrible choice. There was little to be gained from this decision of sending up the xenos in player enjoyment or remaining professional, especially as, while these talks with the queen were going on, the marines were planning to redeploy - a fact that Emerald Blood had to have noticed and ignored in favor of continuing to pester the Queen through secretive PMs.

There lies a serious issue with both this secretive, (pardon me) ass-covering behavior as well as with the *supposed* order, as we the hive never actually heard from Emerald Blood, to board the Alamo and had up to certain death as younger xenos against a force 3x our number with great remaining weapons (the tank for example) as well as material.
    It is my belief that these two acts combined lead to a simple conclusion. Emerald Blood abused their power, weren't professional in handling the round, and were incompetent in preserving the enjoyment of the server.

Emerald Blood's conduct was also suspect and really unprofessional as, we the hive, even asked for the Admin to tell us, via Queen Mother commands, to get on the Alamo and we�d do it. Instead, Emerald Blood never commented to our hive directly and continued to PM our Queen even right up to the point marines had boarded the Normandy and were heading down.
    It is my overarching belief from seeing this secretive and persistent behavior by Emerald Blood, that they wished to see the much weaker side (3x weaker in numbers + factor in xeno ages and lack of T3s and T2s) die quickly and easily. This along with further issues in this round indicates how Emerald Blood was in some way upset either at the xenos or at the round overall and wished to see it end. Either of which are unprofessional and not conducive to a fun round for all players when bias is at hand.

The only saving grace of Emerald Blood from an even more devastating end to the round directly at their hand actually lies within the marine command's own intrepid, and individually decided, order to redeploy which prompted the Xenomorph queen to panic and decide to suddenly �obey� the admin�s PMs to take the Alamo. No admins were involved in this marine redeployment order. Again, I repeat for clarification as this is crucial to how Emerald Blood made several mistakes, Emerald Blood nor any other admins commanded them to do so according to what I was told by moderators in PMs.

What this means for this report should be simple: even IC, the marines felt they had the numbers to easily win on the station after their early evacuation. Meanwhile, the staff member Emerald Blood who saw everything, continued to persist and try to force the xenos through secretive PMs to take the Alamo up to certain death. Emerald Blood knew this, didn�t care and continued to try and force the xenos to their death all the while marines were ICly fixing the issue by redeploying (a fact Emerald should�ve and would�ve seen). This point contributes to both my conclusions that Emerald Blood failed remaining professional and serve the interests of player enjoyment. There was no player enjoyment to be found, arguably, on either side by forcing 35 young and weak xenos to assault 115 + marines and crew as well as the intact tank.

Before I begin this next section, I shall address current marine and xenos status in the round. Previously, during Emerald Blood�s attempt to get the xenos to board with dramatically underpowered numbers and evolved strength, the xenos were at 35 Xenos while the marines and crew of the USS Almayer were at around 115 + the tank.

But, post-marine counterattack when the xenos actually ended up taking the Alamo as ordered by our Queen, as mentioned earlier, the xenos only had 24 Xenos left while the marines had anywhere between 90 and 115 + the tank.

Now, this is where we enter into the next issue. My second is actually a question and possibly just as serious as I have reason to believe it could very easily show some serious intent by Emerald Blood to abuse their power; which would be conjoined on top of their blatant unprofessional conduct and failure to preserve the enjoyment of the server with their earlier actions.

I must know if an ERT was forced or sent by an admin or Emerald Blood.
    So, where any PMC ERTs or ERTS in general forced or sent by an admin or Emerald Blood.

You see, I realized this actually after the fact when I began thinking about the numbers of xenos involved. It just doesn�t make sense. It was only 24 Xenos against anywhere from 90ish to 115 marines and a tank. I don�t quite see how the marines were able to call distress. This leads me to suspect the PMC ERT was forced by Emerald Blood as a punishment or even further way to hurt the xenomorph team.

If this is true, it decisively shows abuse of their position as well as a blatant and inherent bias in this round against the xenomorph side beginning with - most obtusely and likely - the order from Emerald Blood, via secretive PM, to the xeno Queen to head up to certain death.

Thank you for your time and effort in reading this report. I apologize if anything is unclear. I�ll be available to clarify as I understand this is a long report with several nuances to its blatant aspects.
    Evidence

The logs also carry the evidence of what I assume is Emerald Blood talking to the Queen. It should be noted, they never used Queen Mother Commands. Only PMs I think.

Additionally, it would be helpful to see who did the midis as a confirmation beyond hearsay.

As well as the aforementioned, a look into if any ERTs were forced or otherwise admin sent-involved with would be necessary.

Furthermore, the logs will show how the PMs initially started, myself calling the decision and the admin involved "idiotic" or something to that effect. That's what led to this investigation of who was behind this decision.
    How you would punish the accused
    A firm warning in the forms of a suspension or probation.

If this is a recurring theme with this admin, then I suggest tougher measures.

As I believe this was a isolated incident from what, and I quote other players, "Emeraldblood waking up on the wrong side of the bed" then I suggest they be warned and put on probation to ensure they don't wake up badly again.
    Last edited by Vispainius; 06-07-2019 at 03:10 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs

Just the ahelp conversation
    Spoiler Spoiler:

EmeraldBlood's DM log
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 06-07-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You wrote like eight paragraphs to report me for sending a PM to the Queen? I'll give props for really committing to the shitpost here. If this was the level of logic we're basing reports off, well I can just dismantle this whole argument by saying that I played as a spitter during the round and then got my ass blasted by some Deltard with triple-burst flechettes, so I have more reason to want the marines to lose than not. Checkmate.

Regardless, I'll take it as real and actually explain this.

I sent an SM to prod the Xeno forward since I noticed the Queen was still Ovi'ed well after taking over the planet and not moving to the DS. So an ahelp from the Queen came in asking about going up. I answered the ahelp sent a PM to the Queen because, you may not know this, but here on staff we have a policy of PMing people who send ahelps. We talk to people over PMs a lot and talking to someone over OOC or Queen Announcements is kinda hard. So the Queen didn't want to go up and I checked the numbers multiple times and there were ~33 Xeno to ~61 Marines and about ~30 other staff, for a total of ~90 humans. I get the exact numbers, by the way, so you were off by 25. So Queen didn't want to go up and I told her that sitting on the ground wasn't really going to help her and most importantly, nobody wants to watch Xeno literally stand around an empty station and Marines sit up on the ship getting arrested by MP for being bored (though at least they can mutiny if it takes long enough). So while talking to the Queen, she does get up and move to LZ1 in time, but wasn't thrilled with the idea. During this time of talking with the Queen, the XO (I think) did talk about getting ready to redeploy.

So the time finally came that the Marines actually did land before the Xeno were even loading on DS1. Xeno went up to LZ2 (where the Marines landed) to fight there. Little did the Xeno know that the Marines brought Macho Man Randy Savage himself down for the second drop because those Xeno were getting elbow dropped right through the station floor. So the Xeno lose a large amount of Xeno, like about eight or so, and go into panic mode and rush to DS1 to launch as the Marines are literally throwing grenades into DS1 with the battle cry, "Oooh yeah!" Xeno launched up and the Marines all ran back and launched a minute or two behind them.

So to break it down for you, there was like an 8-minute gap between me sending the SM and the Marines landing. After 10 minutes, I told the Queen that it was up to them to head up. At that point I was just letting them stay on the ground and do their own thing since the Marines returned anyways. While I was getting the Queen to move to the LZ and not sit in the rear for another 20 minutes, that should be generally normal behavior after the Xeno win the ground; after you win the ground you almost always at least wait near the LZs. The Xeno had a 1/2 match with the Marines, and 1/3 with the total human count. 1/2 is almost always a Xeno victory and 1/3 can go either way.

Now let's get to what you obviously knew. I was willing to send a Xeno Response Team to assist the Xeno if they were struggling on the ship to help balance out the fact they were going up against a large Marine force. However, after the Xeno took their sweet time getting to the LZ and then getting wrecked on the ground on their own accord, that possible bonus XRT was not coming. Since a lot of the Marines forces were on the ground and chased the Xeno all the way into DS1, I gave them a few PMCs for kicking some Xeno ass on the planet. Did the Marines need PMCs? No, they probably would have won regardless but I wasn't sending a XRT anymore so I wanted to give some fun role to play for the end of the round.

I could say a lot more but I think I've said enough. This report is a joke. I've seen some desperate reports in all the time I've been here but this one may top the cake. You may want to appear as some martyr or want to have a few seconds of fame but that ain't happening from this. Maybe in the future when salting in OOC after a round ends, leave it there like normal players and not try to somehow exploit things for your own gain.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was an alien this round.. and actually I believe that I am the hivelord in that chat.

I remember a scan from Queen mother that literally showed 100+ marines on the ship because aliens immediately blew up about triple digits. So I would love to see proof of the actual numbers.

Further what pissed off the alien players is not only the unfair situation that we were put in, but then the callous responses afterward.

Staffs response to players being upset about a questionable order was to play the "salt" midi, and then the theme from curb your enthusiasm. And then tell us not to get mad over a video game and other condescending statements.

I dont think it matters, and I doubt anything will happen, but I am glad he filed the report because even if the order wasn't wrong the response to people being upset was.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is always someone upset over something in dchat. While on staff, we constantly have people call us idiots, out-of-touch, literally ruining the game, etc, and rarely do we actually ban or punish people for it unless someone is getting obsessive with it in chat. The salt midi has been played as a joke for years on CM and anyone can tell you that it's played sometimes when a lot of people are salting in dchat for a joke. This is not a personal jab at anyone and with the amount of rather pointless salt admins and other staff have to deal with, I see no issue with them playing a 5-second midi instead of banning people or muting chat.

I case it wasn't clear, I didn't play any of the midi and I don't plan on punishing an admin for playing like 3 midi for a total of 10 seconds. The longer curb your enthusiasm one, it was probably too loud as a file and the admin in question did agree that playing the whole thing may have been overkill. At the same time, you can mute it and not listen to it with "Silence Current Midi" under the preference tab. I'll go yell at them to lower the volume but outside that, they understand the situation and didn't do anything wrong. Jamie is gonna resolve this so if he wants to bring up the midi thing as well, he can since it is tied to my report, but I'll talk to the admin about the midi as stated.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember joining this round after evac as a PO. I don't remember exactly how long, but it was long enough that Alamo was hijacked and couldn't be brought up. It's important to note that in the time I was awake, there was time for Command to decide to make a counterattack to retake Alamo, the CO to assign me to the ground team to try to fix the dropship console (me reporting the possibility may have been a factor in deciding to go through with the counterattack rather than wait and see, but it might have just been a minor detail), me to grab my usual PO kit, and then have a second briefing before everyone boarded Alamo. All in all, I was awake for 5-7 minutes by the time we went down. If we'd waited a few more minutes, we could have simply called Alamo back up when the controls started responding again. If we'd waited and hit the hive with, say, 30 seconds left before the controls responded again, we could have just forced them all onto Alamo, remote launched, and then had Marines in the hangar waiting to contain them until Normandy returned with the main force. If the Queen decided to only go up when she was ready or felt the hive was ready, there was still a working camera on Alamo we could use to know when to bring the dropship up and get a portion of the hive.

When you look at it from the Marines' perspective, Emerald's decision has serious weight as the hive was in a position where they needed every advantage they could get and delaying gave the Marines plenty of time to get everyone healed up, rearm, and reorganize while Alamo was already locked down. Outside us immediately calling Alamo up regardless of what was on it, there wasn't anything we could actually do at that point that would give any advantage to the Xenos. As our counterattack showed, we ended up killing even more of the dwindling hive and they got no new captures, while also getting back to Almayer before the Xenos did if memory serves, so realistically the Marines benefited far more from the hive's decision to delay than the Xenos ever actually could.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FGRSentinel View Post
    - snip
    I'd agree to disagree.
    As you've said, the marines ended up killing even more of the "dwindling hive" planetside with the counterattack which was successful in getting the younger age and lower tiered xeno hive from 35 to 24 xenos in a matter of less than 15 minutes.

I'll put it this way: If the hive was easily and quickly brought to near defeat planetside by a great (possibly triple digits) group of marines and the tank, it is reasonable to assume the same would've occurred shipside as well (only in that case it would've been on the Admin Emerald Blood for causing such a massacre instead of leaving the hive to act IC and reasonably refrain from heading up considering marine advantage).

Furthermore, to quote yourself, there is now only even more ample evidence the marines had every single advantage as even the dropship would've been under their control shortly and cameras remained on the Alamo which would've allowed a quick and timely response to rush the Alamo if it had been taken by the xenomorph side. It was already a given that 115+ players and the tank would rush the Alamo once it crashed. What wasn't known is that the marines even had the advantage of cameras on their side.

To reiterate, this falls in my earlier point that the marines had every advantage (and even when redeploying maintained most advantages) yet Emerald Blood, to the detriment of players, kept demanding the xenomorph team commit mass suicide by Alamo.

The issue here is that the admin persisted in demanding the xenos head up when, quite literally, all the odds were stacked in the marines' favor and even the marines ICly were able to see they could counterattack with ease. The issue here also lies in the subsequent handling of the incident during the round and post round with a callous and disregarding, arrogant tone in response to these concerns, which are evidenced easily by Emerald Blood's own comments even here in this forum towards the incident.

Edit:
    For the record, as I initially did avoid it in this report, my issue was not found with the midis. That said its enacting was overzealous, perhaps overkill, and in very poor taste considering the admin Emerald Blood's own stance in this issue had essentially been advocating a team commit suicide all while knowing the other team held all the advantages. And when the team being told to commit suicide inevitably died simply by virtue of having been outmaneuvered, and really honest-to-god outgunned as they had feared (the overwhelming number advantage coming into play here), the admins decided to further demean the losing team under the guise of good humor.

There's a reason I never initially mentioned or went after the midi playing as nothing is wrong with a midi of salt. That said, now that it has been mentioned and augmented to this report by other moderators, it should be noted it was in very poor taste to play one after it had been advocated by the admins' own decision to see the losing team lose by a landslide. Even more so it was demeaning and childish, to play further midis demeaning players who took issue, like the "It's only a video game" midi which began playing after other players began complaining over the admins' actions. Even marine players were agreeing that the (failed) order to get the queen to head up with the weak hive was a bad one.

I think one of the only saving graces that has prevented this incident from being larger and more of an issue is the fact that the Xenomorph Queen ended up, on their own and by bad decision, choosing to head up the Almayer via the Alamo. Whatever the case, the point is proven both planetside and shipside. The xenos were outgunned and outnumbered by a great, enormous deal and obeying the admin decision to head up would have been suicide and unfun for all players. Luckily for Emerald Blood perhaps, the situation ended up resolving itself by the intrepid actions of the marines, who knew they had the numbers and weaponry, to end the xenos on the station easily.

I also noticed, from the PMs of Emerald Blood, that Emerald claims the marines were not heading down. Considering they were, and did so in great effect, I can't believe Emerald Blood was completely ignorant of this fact. That leads me to believe and claim, Emerald Blood knew of the marines redeployment plan yet ignored it in favor of seeing the xenomorph team perish quicker and easier. Its true

Their argument Emerald Blood made to the xenomorph queen also fails to have merit. It was mentioned there was only "32 to 61" marines. Considering there had been at one bioscan 110+ humans, it is hard to believe that more than 40+ crew existed on the Almayer. Especially as a full complement of Almayer crew is: 1 RO, 1 CT, 1 CO, 1 XO, 4 SOs, 2 CTs, 4 Doctors(?), 1 CMO, 3 Researchers(?), 4 POs, 4 MPs(?), 1 CMP, 3 MTs (?), 1 Synth. 1 CL.
    That comes out to a total of (by a rough estimate as I'm sure I messed up one of those totals): 32 Players.
    Now, this is assuming the Almayer had a full staff of crew... So, we'll just assume that it was for matters of simplicity. Where are at? Well...

Even assuming there is 61 marines (and not the lowballed number of 32 marines Emerald Blood gave), that's still only 93 players total. As there had been 110+ (115 was a number I saw), that means there was an additional 17 - 22ish marines. Then we must factor in the tank as well which was full health. Additionally, we must then go and look at this number and realize... the math is flawed itself. It's unlikely there was a full complement of crew which would make my estimate of 17-22 additional marines a lowballed number.

In short. The marines easily outnumbered and outgunned the xenos, despite Emerald Blood's claim they didn't and the effect would not be that great in gameplay. If on a normal round 62 marines and crew can take on 30 plus xenos, I think 35 younger xenos against 115 + Tank isn't exactly � fair. And really that's where the issue partly lies in Emerald Blood's inability to maintain a fun environment for all: Afterall, the entire xenomorph team, as the queen declared in her PMs, was decrying heading up as blatant suicide. I think you can take that as a indicator of the "Enjoyment" level created by Emerald Blood.

------
    Also, I'd like to note, thank you for confirming you sent the PMCs forcibly to a team which already had a 3X number advantage. Didn't really maintain player enjoyment there either. It was a needless act.

In the interest of facts: I have reason to believe the xeno team last less than 20 minutes against the marines (It's possible it was 15 minutes.) This disproves my guestimate of 10 minutes but does suggest it was a quick loss nevertheless.
    My reasoning lies in the PMs of Emerald Blood to the Queen and Myself to the moderator.
    Essentially, Emerald's supposed last PM was 20:12:01. This was likely just before the marines landed and/or took off from the Almayer to counterattack.
    Meanwhile, my OOC message in the logs was 20:22:35. This first OOC message would've been very shortly after I died. The hive died shortly after.
    Making the total time between Marine Counterattack and the Xeno Loss being somewhere around 15-20 minutes if we are generous.

The reason this matters? It reinforces the point that the xeno team was heavily outgunned and outnumbered both stationside and later, shipside yet the admin Emerald Blood persisted in requesting a suicide rush to the detriment of the entire team while also knowing that the marines were going to be heading down.

-------
    But more directly: Emerald Blood. Lets not be so deluded to think this is over "who you played" I understand its an easy counterpoint to pick up on, but the issue with it is: I never brought it up because I viewed you as more professional than that. You did bring it up however. What does that say about you and your thoughts on this incident? I think it's telling. Perhaps, even, gives a little insight into to what you were thinking when you gave those orders.
    Additionally, you mention what do I made this report to gain from it? I'd love to know what benefits I gain from reporting a Head Manager over a injustice. I wasn't aware there were any. If you point me to who offers these benefits, I'd happily check it out. But seriously, come on. You really think I gain something out of reporting you? No, you don't. You just are using it as another point in what is a shitty attempt at a hitpiece in response to a valid report. Personally and you mentioned it, so I'll address it, I don't even think I'm some kind of "martyr". This isn't about my personal feelings towards you or five seconds of fame but towards your actions. If I wanted "fame" I'd go brag in dedchat on my actions or on the forums about my actions. I've done it before when I did something awesome in game and, I'll probably do it again. But in this case? The most I've said has been that I would be making a report on you and that's only for informational purposes to you and the staff. Other than that, I've been silent on this issue unless asked directly by someone about it. I have no reason to be a "career player reporting player" as I like to call them. I despise it and even have actively avoided making reports on normal players I've personally disliked because I won't stoop to petty character assassination. If I have an issue with a player, I say it in dedchat or on the discord. I don't make reports over my personal opinion of someone which I should remind you, wasn't why I made this report. I made this report as I saw something wrong and wish it to be addressed. This is my avenue for that grievance.

All I'm asking for is the facts from both sides, the truth from both sides perspectives, and my grievance with an issue I saw addressed.

-----
    So why did I call you out for your actions? Well, to reiterate, I saw something I viewed to be wrong and I've reported it. It's up for other staff to determine the validity, whatever that decision may be. Your actions in defending yourself by attacking me as someone looking for just "fame" and "martyrdom" is foolish and a blatant demonstration of unprofessional behavior. I started this report thinking you were unprofessional due to a temporary lack of judgement and perhaps, just had a bad day. I've got nothing against you and honestly gotten a good impression up to now. But after the way you've acted so far towards me, I'm not getting any sense of professional conduct from you. Defending yourself is one thing. Slandering and attacking your accuser's reputation is another, baser and blunt tactic of signaling your own virtue while attempting to ruin the credibility of a player.

It's rather arrogant and I warn you that you are showing your hand again as to what you're like. Perhaps, as you and others failed in game, try to show more decorum. It certainly doesn't help the position here on your side that you were professional in handling this.

But banter and meaningless character assassination aside, I'm sticking to the facts. You can continue to make up things and try to character assassinate as you wish, but you should perhaps note, it doesn't look good if we begin talking about your professionalism in handling this incident. I merely want this issue addressed as this seems to be my only avenue but if you want to try and hit piece me, go ahead, if merely shows you've lost your professional behavior wholesale and proves one of my issues with your conduct.

Perhaps you had a bad day? That's the response I was getting from normal players and I think, even a staff member or two? It doesn't excuse what happened but it would explain why it happened. So again, just because you appear to be deluded about my reasoning, I'll clarify: I'm reporting you because I believe you did something wrong according to staff protocols. It's not because it's personal. I've had no interactions with you. Ever. Nor do I gain anything from interacting in this way with you.

-----
    Last edited by Vispainius; 06-09-2019 at 03:15 AM.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For clarity, the two bioscan/queen mother reports prior to this incident were as follows:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The call for evac was made at this time via Command announcement at:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

And then again via command announcement at:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by RobBrown4PM; 06-09-2019 at 03:16 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me restate everything simply.

Why the Xeno were told to go up:
    • Xeno can easily load up onto the DS. They're all full hp, alone on the ground, and can have everyone on the DS ready to go up in like two minutes. They've also won the ground by their own plays so it's typically their job to forward the round.
    • Redeploying Marines is not easy and usually takes a fair amount of time. I do not have a magical button or power to get the Marines to easily redeploy. I'm also not in the round so I don't have any easy way gauge the current Marine forecast.

But Xeno were too weak to go up:
    • Xeno won the ground and had the numbers. 30+ Xeno is not weak, that's the average number of Xeno when they do go up.
    • I was also going to monitor the going up and give them a boost if required, given the large number of Marines on the ship. Obviously, the Xeno didn't go up when I asked so such aid was never given.
    • Let me reiterate the line above this one, the Xeno could have possibly had 40+ Xeno going up to the ship. That's almost half the amount of total humans and 20 shy of the Marine count.
    • "Why were Xeno not told about the XRT?" It's not their information to know. That's OOC/Event/Meta info so it's not going to be told to the Queen/Hive. The Xeno had the choice to listen and go up, or not. They picked the latter option and took the round back into their own hands. (Note: In no way am I placing all the blame on the Queen for what did happen, I'm just keeping this simple)

Regarding this report itself:
    • Though you may view my response unprofessional, I've dealt with too many pointless reports in my time being here so I don't take them seriously otherwise I'd have gone insane long ago. While your complaint may be a serious thing to you, it's so minor even in the scenario you are exactly right, the outcome is so minor that it's just wasting mine and other's time dealing with this report. I mean no personal offense to you, but if a report is bad I'm going to assume the general reasons people make bad reports. I either wasn't going to say a single thing here and this would be closed without any insight to why we do what we do, or I can give you the general response I gave you that while moody (I'm aware), I believe it's better to hear something back rather than just be outright ignored.
    • Your report may be true to you, and if you didn't enjoy the round I am truly sorry that didn't enjoy it, but when you're managing a whole server you can't balance around the happiness of Ancient Runner 69. We all have shitty have rounds. Literally everyone has shitty rounds, but that doesn't mean we all make reports over pointlessly small things that upset us.

Extra things:
    • Kinda rhetorical, but are you looking for reasons to complain because who gets upset that an ERT gets set so some player can roll a unique role for a bit? Are you just against people having fun or something because you even said that it didn't matter balance-wise?
    • I sleep pretty well each night. I'd say I was feeling fine that night, I mean dealing with some things, but just chilling with a game of CM so at that time I wasn't in a bad mood even with the salt cause that's literally just normal CM.
    • "It's rather arrogant and I warn you that you are showing your hand again as to what you're like. Perhaps, as you and others failed in game, try to show more decorum." Actually, I'm quite comfortable with my personality, knowing that I'm a good person. I don't feel the need to convince some random person that I'm valiant or what-not, what you want to think about me is your problem in life. I don't like to come off as rude but if I'm not shown any respect then I don't know why you expect some back. If ya want to hate me, there's already a line of people who like to talk me down so feel free to get in it if you wish.

Idk if I'm actually going to reply here anymore since I don't think I have anything else to say about this but you can always actually message me to talk about issues you may have. Otherwise, if you're satisfied, Jamie will close this whenever he gets done playing shootergame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Blood View Post
    Let me restate everything simply.
    -snip
    For matters of simplicity as I believe my points have been made along with yours and we still are going to find several major points of contention from your reasoning to your behavior, it's best to move on and let Jamie close this as you say.

That said, before moving on, I do want to address some points however for matters of clarification and contention on my end to your own statements.

At no point did I say or ask, "Why were Xeno not told about the XRT". The quotes as though I did ask that are unnecessary and misleading. Additionally, as the admin who was (likely) ghosting after having died, you would have known of the marines plan to head back down making the argument that you couldn't have known a fallacy as well. And if you weren't ghosting or in the round period (which isn't true as while I don't have the evidence but I know you were on throughout the round to the end at least in name), then it's bad handling of a situation as perhaps you should've put more thought into the decision

-----

As for this report, I'm addressing an issue I saw in game. I understand player reports and even just CM in general gets to staff and regular players (been there myself), but I do feel like I was compelled to address this issue due to the actions of the admin(s) involved + the way it was/has been handled. You also seem try to suggest I'm upset over the ERT and players getting the role. Not at all. My issue with it is that you had been trying to have the team which was weak commit virtual suicide if they went up to the Alamo and then handled said situation rather badly when criticized and refused while also sending additional ERT reinforcements to the marines ( a unnecessary action at that point).

I'm happy you sleep well at night and are comfortable with your personality, but its really not my concern. I'm not sure how I've disrespected you in your mind so if you wish to attack my character you are welcome to. That said, you intend to cease responding as you've said your peace. The same is true on my end; I've said my peace. I hope we can maintain a respectful relationship. It's not my intention to come off as a shitposter or shitstirrer as I'm sure you think of me, but it is my intention to see a grievance I have addressed. Staff reports are the only way to do this. As the midi played by Sir Lordington said, "It's only a game". Further echoing statements, what you care to think of me is your problem in life. This report is purely professional and about my opinion on how your actions and the way you handled the aftermath was borderline, if not outright, unprofessional among other things in this report.
    Last edited by Vispainius; 06-09-2019 at 11:00 PM.