Suriyel - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Suriyel

Marine Name
    Kazuma Mori, Kazuma Hayashi

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Inar-Tar Ru�Os

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes. I have gone over the code several times while playing CM. Will still double check when unsure.

Yautja Character Story
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Inar-Tar Ru�Os is fundamentally a cautious Yautja, perhaps more so than most Yautja to temper what he believes to be the failings of his ancestry. He will spend time observing his potential prey, to discern which among them is among the more lethal and thus more worthy to hunt as opposed prey that may turn out to be erratic or displeasing. The actions of the potential prey shall prove its quality.

Part of Inar-Tar Ru�Os�s caution stems from being far from the best of hunters and will have to rely more on careful preparation or study of the situation on the ground to be able to achieve the aim of the hunt. Thus, there will be some flexibility to what he does.

Furthermore Inar-Tar Ru�Os is a follower of Cetanu and believes the honoured ancestors of his lineage should be emulated whereas the failings of dishonourable ancestors should be righted where possible.

Inar-Tar Ru�Os will act as a sort of warrior-priest to Cetanu, aiming to deliver only worthy deeds, trophies and souls to his patron deity, so that perhaps he may one day be an honoured ancestor. His offerings to Cetanu take the form of the consumption to of some of the remains of worthy prey if its edible, that their soul may be given to Cetanu to ground into the matter of its work.

My intent is to play Inar-Tar Ru�Os as the patient hunter, patient to a point as it has to restrain its more wrathful compulsions or end up being reckless. He will reveal himself before assailing worthy prey, possibly showing mercy to those that have proven to be a good sport. For targets that are observably more intelligent, some degree of psychological pressure or mind games can be introduced to generate more roleplay where possible.

For combat style specifically, it would centre mostly on the use of the combistic and harpoons for ranged skirmishes with worthy prey. (Primarily to account for Byond frequently crashing during CQC). For edible prey, the humans in particular the hunter will take some portion of the butchered remains for the purposes of RP consumption as an offering to his deity beyond just trophy taking.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honour duel is when a Yaujta deems a particularly valuable prey to be suitable for a sacred one on one bout to the death, unless one party shows mercy to the other. Only melee weapons may be used and it must be fair for both parties.

The hunter may provide a weapon to the challenged prey if need be. Should the challenged be victorious over the Yaujta, they are to be rewarded and deemed equal to the Yautja.

A hunt is an activity conducted by one or more Yaujta for sport, where they choose sufficiently dangerous targets to kill with the intent of obtaining trophies and improving their personal skill. The targets of the hunt must fit, able to defend themselves and kill the hunter.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Inar-Tar Ru�Os is largely an even tempered Yautja and as such will attempt to be amicable with other hunters be, they junior, equal or senior to him. He pays deference to elder and veteran blooded Yautja purely as a matter of course for their skill at arms, for he sees himself as lacking in that.

As such he will try to learn from those he knows or believes to be more capable in the hunt, to redress any shortcoming on his part. Should a junior request his aid, he will assist only to ensure they have an opportunity to learn and grow.

He does not interfere with the activities of other hunters as far as possible, unless it serves to become a potential problem to more than just the sole Yautja involved. Their deeds, good or ill he will speak to Cetanu as part of his religious practice.

All in all, I believe this keeps Inar-Tar as a more communicative Yautja and makes for more roleplay opportunity where applicable. He will initially be played as a newly blooded so I may learn the ropes as well.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    Originally, I just thought they were some sort of gimmick that were just solo antagonists that purely served to target solo players. However, I soon learnt it was something a little different from just that.

The predator whitelist seems open up a broader avenue of RP which is not possible either with the Marines or Xenomorph. Recently I had been in games where the involvement of Predators improved the experience for all involved or watching, it was made far more interesting and exciting compared to the usual grind of either attempting to just kill or capture.

Predators represent a certain factor of uncertainty. That uncertainty in their demeanour and actions can add great spice to those that encounter them.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes
    Last edited by Suriyel; 06-08-2019 at 07:04 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good story, I enjoyed it and it showed somewhat how you intend to play your predator.

I've seen you a lot in game and you know your ways around RP, that is for sure. There really isn't much to say about the application. It is overall fine.

I'm sure Survivor will do his best to make the round more enjoyable for others! My vote isn't counted but I can witness that you're good enough for it so good luck!
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 06-08-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been talking about preds a hell of a lot; i've gave some input on the app before it was posted, and you've watched me play and asked loads of questions about mechanics and prey classification. You've got a good handle on understanding your role and responsibility as pred, and i have no doubts that you would check honour code first, shoot later.

It was always going to be a 1+ from me.
    Garviel Rozencruze - Full Time Bravo, Part Time Unga, Robustitude Hobbyist.
    Abigail - I'm not disappointed in you, this is exactly what i predicted.
    Krogur Du'hara - *medic *click *roar "Unknown has thrown the smart-disc." *laugh2

LIZARD PANIC!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think predator is a hrp role. I am giving -1 because I've been reporting you for net speak in game like WTF. If you can't follow a simple rules then how everyone can trust you as a predator.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really know ya, so I will leave a neutral vote for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I might say something ChengChan, the netspeak was used only rather recently. Only WTF or FYI, I'm not sure why I never let it slip until only recent times. Might be the heat of the moment trying to communicate more quickly.

I used to spend most of my time in CIC when playing for the marines too. However, it is noted for future reference so it doesn't slip again.
    Last edited by Suriyel; 06-09-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately that note is gonna cost you.

You are not eligible for predator if you have any notes within 30 days before or after of an application

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Unfortunately that note is gonna cost you.

You are not eligible for predator if you have any notes within 30 days before or after of an application
    yeah kinda this
    hello im dondale

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly as exemplary as the app might be, recent notes (within 30 days before the application date) null and void any application. This is a hard stance and it dosent matter whether its for netspeak, EORG or blowing up Briefing.

The application itself is amazing though, good luck next time and please do try again with clear note history.
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my review:

Story: 10/10
    Reason for whitelist: 10/10
    Incindents/Notes: 2/10

Story:
    Background: 10/10, I absolutely love your bad-blood background and how you interact with/despise it.
    Body: 9/10, pretty damn good
    Uniqueness: 10/10, I LOVE the nihilistic feel your predator gives off.

Reason: 10/10, you give a solid reason why you want to become a predator.

Incindents/Notes: I'm not gonna lie, that ONE note of you using net-speak is kind of contradictory to the RP-standards of a predator.

Total: 7/10

To be honest, as long as you don't get another note, I don't see why this application shouldn't just be extended or put on hold until you have 30 days with no incidents.

I would say a +1
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

Anekcahap "Kneecap" Volkov
    Agent X41833N

"Some of the best words are never said, but are rather understood."