Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suriyel - Predator Application

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This app is just excellent, I loved it.

I know there's a rule about notes, but really I think denying this app just for a small error is just stupid.

I'm gonna +1 this.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are in discussions about the note issue.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 06-12-2019 at 03:40 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright so we had a meeting with our new Whitelist Maintainer Bancrose.

There's a new Captain of this ship so to say (Well he still reports to Emerald, so guess you could say he's the new XO) and with new people comes new changes.

We took a hard-line approach in Term two because people were complaining that having to wait 2 to 3 months for a re-application was unfair. So we raised our standards to cut down the reapply cooldown to 30 days.

Well now we have a situation where we have a person who has made what we all agree is the gold-standard of a predator application, who is foresaken because of a "minor note"
    Bancrose has said it best "As long as the note shows they won't screw up the predator role." If the note was for intentional grief (Not EORG), powergaming, metagaming, cheating/being a dick/etc... then this would be denied. But for something as minor as saying "WTF" I do not believe this would hinder Suriyel's ability to be a predator.

Now I will be the first to admit I do believe in fairness, but with every new council comes change. There will be some who will say "But my predator application was denied for a minor note this isn't fair!" just like Common Law, when judges declare something that was illegal is now legal, the system doesn't go back and say "Sorry we're going to overturn what happened to you."

On to the application itself.
    420MYK said it best, so I say you have my support.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A system where we seek to enforce rules and regulations, that may seem unfair, because we were subjected to them in the past, is a unfair system that needs an overhaul. Nevertheless, there is nuance to everything. If the note applied in this case was as noted above, I don't feel it is a strong indicator against a Predator whitelist.

If this was a Synthetic application, there would be more ground to stand on.

On to the application itself.

No plan survives first contact. The biggest hint I always think of in any application is when people describe how they would play. Playing as a Predator is vastly different to observing one.

Your ideal of being a patient Hunter is admirable, but is far harder to maintain than you'd expect. The thirty minutes of careful build up you've conducted will be utterly unseen by that Marine you just swiped over to get to your prey, your careful preparation will be seen as you being just another Predator coming out of the shadows and killing/maiming you without warning.

Nevertheless. Your mere statement of intent proves you want to, at least, hold yourself to a higher standard. It showcases your commitment to the role, and most importantly. It shows your understanding of the role.

Thus, I support this application. I hope the note issue proves a short delay on a otherwise exemplar application.

Good luck, and remember, the larger you set your Self Destruct radius, the more fun you generate.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything soldier said I agree with, and the fact stands this application is well done though you did end up getting a note. The note in question is a dumb reason for us to deny a well-done application. So, you have my support. +1

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the new change in rulings regarding notes and applications. +1 friendo.
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As above. +1 from myself. Good application, quality.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted, but obviously computer speak like wtf and such shouldn't be happening when playing Predator,