Your Byond ID?
    Denthamos

Your Character Name?
    Henry 'Grandpa' Gadow

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    unknown

Accused Character Name
    Claire O'Reilly

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    11:20 AM CST

What rule(s) were broken:
    3/4, generally being

Description of the incident:
    As a pilot, after the xeno hijack message went out they decided to solo-take the Normandy which was part of the defenses being setup in the hangar against the xenos invading the ship, leaving a giant gap in it for no reason besides "I do not want to die"

This is what escape pods are for, not a pilot alone taking an entire ship and fucking over the entire marine playerbase still alive shipside.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Unable to pull logs due to a crash that happened after the pilot lit me on fire after I told them not to launch and threatened to shoot them on CO's orders for general mutinous actions.

How you would punish the accused:
    Banning from pilot role if this is how they play the role.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! I'm the guy who plays Claire O'Reilly. BYOND ckey is Anderut22.

I might've gone a bit too much with taking off with the Normandy, true; but I did all of this ICly, trying to see how my char would react to a dropship coming full-speed towards the Almayer, chock-full of deadly aliens. Would you risk your life, running to the pods, risking them not opening due to a malfunction? I just decided to take the Normandy and bugger off ASAP. I even tried to escalate the conflict, you can see it in the logs.

I don't see how I managed to break Rule 3 and Rule 4. I didn't exhibit any dickish behaviour as far as I know, and I don't see how taking off with the Normandy is a form of griefing. No turrets were installed onboard, and you can't lock down the dropship either, so it has minimal defensive value. Feel free to remind me if I did break them!

My escalation might've been improper, but for me (at that moment) it felt natural. Including the part where I set you on fire; you did try to grab the flamer back, and even threw a grenade!

I suggest we wait for the admins' decision on this, but feel free to PM me about this, or reply here! Cheers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the general rule is that you do not know that the Xenos are crashing into the ship until the second Generated message. The one that tells you to brace for impact and gives you a few seconds before the DS crashes. So taking the Normandy before the Alamo crashes is some slight meta. That said While we as admins frown greatly on the marines leaving the Ship en mass, and players doing so can occasionally find only Abombs or spawned Xenos waiting for them on the surface below. A handful of people leaving via the Normandy is not uncommon, nor against the rules.

Resolved. No action taken.