0 Thread(s)

Outboarduniform - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Outboarduniform

Marine Name
    Juan �Rook� Siganto

Other Whitelist Applications
    I had an ancient denied CO app, but it looks like it was either deleted or lost to the winds of time

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Alfred

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Very

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Threat to synthetic - A man attempting to stab me should be subdued or neutralized

Threat to an ally - A marine attempting to stab another marine should be subdued

Threat to synthetic and ally - A CLF soldier attempting to stab both me and a marine should be subdued or neutralized

Synthetic Character Story
    Spoiler Spoiler:

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    My synthetic is a very lax person, with intricate knowledge of history, poetry, and theology. He is meant to be a disarming professor and a graceful servant first and foremost.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Very- Engine setup, construction and deconstruction, barricades, etc.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Very- Squad monitoring, Overwatch console, Command console/issuing orders, OBs, etc.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Very- I have most things burned in my head, but I shamelessly use the wiki for some surgical procedures and chemistry.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Good- I haven�t played RO or CT in a hot minute but I still can man the line, order supplies, supply squads on the ground, etc.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I�ve always been fascinated by the synthetics in the Aliens and Prometheus universes. As for why I should be whitelisted, I feel as if I have a good knowledge of programming, Marine Law, and the behavior of synthetics, alongside mastery of most support roles, to be able to perform in the job well.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I might seem like a newer player since I took a long break of a few months, but I�ve been here a long long time.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story is quite short in my opinion and some of the others answers could have been a bit better.
    I don't think I've seen you around before although I imagine I've just been on at the wrong times.

Your note history is clean since 2017 so that's in your favour.

Neutral for now.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Story was fine except the formatting made it very hard to read. A wall of text. I suggest spacing it out a bit or something. It is also fairly short, as we never see the "with intricate knowledge of history, poetry, and theology" part of your Synthetic. Quirk is fine though. "The Captain pleaded with him. Alfred, wanting to be a good person", what do you mean by the Synthetic wanting to be a good person?

Never seen you ingame and I've been here for some time as well. Might be a timezone issue, but I would need someone to vouch for your rp ingame or competence.

What surgery procedures do you have to look up in the wiki?

How do you hotwire the Almayer engine, if there were SMES but they didnt work?

Write me a small conversation piece between you and anyone(like a dying marine), where you show your Synthetic's intricate knowledge of history, poetry, and theology. Don't go overboard, make it applicate to ingame.

Neutral for now.
    Last edited by Vampmare; 06-13-2019 at 04:40 PM.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize for the story being hard to read, it must have been a bit goofy when I transferred it from my google docs.

As for them wanting to �be a good person�, that�s a part of the quirk I gave him. For him, that�s emulating being a good servant, as to him a good servant is to also be a good person who is enthusiastic and complies to the preferences of his master, in that case the CO wanting to be referred to by a different title than Alfred initially called him.

For surgeries, I don�t so much look up individual procedures as much as I cross reference when someone�s really goofed up so I make sure I can hit all the points I need to, so that the epic gamer I�m working on can go kill aliens as soon as I�m done working on them quicker.

Well, if I had to Hotwire the engine I�d go ahead and use a T-Ray scanner to find a good wire, then I would start the process for ye olde PACMAN generator. I�d get one or order the parts and build one from Req if needed and then I�d hook it up, Hotwire start the fusion reactor, and then I would keep it running until I could find a fix to the SMES problem.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did he refer to the captain as his first name after being instructed not to?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a Synthetic he's been up for a long long time compared to the crew and marines who are consistently in cryogenic freeze. My reasoning for that would be that that order would be considered to be requested a fair while ago (and possibly expired due to it being a different operation, etc.), and he figured that he should stick to one side of the programming unless reaffirmed by the Captain, as I'm assuming that social etiquette and such doesn't "stick" as well to Synthetics as it would to the average person. (It was reaffirmed).

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude... new paragraph when another person is talking. Horrible formatting aside, story was very average.

I have 0 idea who you are, can someone vouch for your ability to RP or competence in support roles?

Your notes are good, playtime in this month not bad either.

You don't hotwire to the PACMAN generator, you connect wires straight to the generators, bypassing the SMES so that the output is fed directly into the network. Either way devs removed the SMES and hotwired it themselves for now.

A marine asks you to open the hangar before the briefing, what do you do?

How is a synthetic different from human?

A marine keeps harassing you, calling you names, disarming you ocassionally and pushing you around, what do you do?

An SO asks you to bring him a rifle on green alert.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outboarduniform View Post
    I apologize for the story being hard to read, it must have been a bit goofy when I transferred it from my google docs.

As for them wanting to �be a good person�, that�s a part of the quirk I gave him. For him, that�s emulating being a good servant, as to him a good servant is to also be a good person who is enthusiastic and complies to the preferences of his master, in that case the CO wanting to be referred to by a different title than Alfred initially called him.

For surgeries, I don�t so much look up individual procedures as much as I cross reference when someone�s really goofed up so I make sure I can hit all the points I need to, so that the epic gamer I�m working on can go kill aliens as soon as I�m done working on them quicker.

Well, if I had to Hotwire the engine I�d go ahead and use a T-Ray scanner to find a good wire, then I would start the process for ye olde PACMAN generator. I�d get one or order the parts and build one from Req if needed and then I�d hook it up, Hotwire start the fusion reactor, and then I would keep it running until I could find a fix to the SMES problem.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Regarding the Power problem, you don't need to use a pacman generator to hotwire. Atleast on planets, all you need to do is ahelp for a staff member to delete the SMES and their terminals, and in some cases where the reactors only connect to the SMES, connect the cable. T-ray scanner is more or less useless at this point.

Remaining neutral for now until I see you in game personally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    Dude... new paragraph when another person is talking. Horrible formatting aside, story was very average.

I have 0 idea who you are, can someone vouch for your ability to RP or competence in support roles?

Your notes are good, playtime in this month not bad either.

You don't hotwire to the PACMAN generator, you connect wires straight to the generators, bypassing the SMES so that the output is fed directly into the network. Either way devs removed the SMES and hotwired it themselves for now.

A marine asks you to open the hangar before the briefing, what do you do?

How is a synthetic different from human?

A marine keeps harassing you, calling you names, disarming you ocassionally and pushing you around, what do you do?

An SO asks you to bring him a rifle on green alert.

NoahKirchner can vouch for me as if you ask him, I think. I did XO for him and he said I did a pretty good job.

If a marine told me to open the hangar, I'd tell him no and politely inform him to attend the briefing, as it's not an emergency and I don't have to listen to non-command personnel, unless the CO has some sort of wacky plan that involves a squad deploying while the other three brief, which I've seen before.

Well, outside of the obvious differences, synthetics are built with a mandatory adherence to Marine Law, with the inability to fire marine weaponry and partake in direct combat, and with absolute adherence to orders from command personnel. However, if need be, they can nonlethally subdue, secure, etc. if a person poses a threat to the synthetic. For enemy combatants such as colonists or CLF, if absolutely necessary to the synthetics survival they can lethally neutralize those combatants.

This one's pretty circumstantial, but if possible I would push him, run away, and then report it to the MPs.

I would tell the SO that that would be against procedure, and that I could not do that for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I am qualified enough to +1 or -1 on a synthetic application, but I can vouch for your performance as an XO, they are capable of roleplaying and handling shipside positions of authority and do both of those things to an above average degree. I'd assume, considering that you play XO, that you then have a relatively solid grasp on most shipside functions. Like I said, though, I can only vouch for your competence as an XO and for however much overlap there is between the two roles.