User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Outboarduniform - Synthetic Application

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A marine comes and pushes you around while you are performing field surgery, which results in patients death. The troublemaker is stopping you from being able to revive the patient.. There are no MPs available to assist you. How will you resolve this situation, step by step?

You fuckup an evac run and marines are livid. Command is not much better. They are calling you names and pushing you around. What will you do to attempt to cool down the situation, and how would your synthetic react ICly.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    A marine comes and pushes you around while you are performing field surgery, which results in patients death. The troublemaker is stopping you from being able to revive the patient.. There are no MPs available to assist you. How will you resolve this situation, step by step?

You fuckup an evac run and marines are livid. Command is not much better. They are calling you names and pushing you around. What will you do to attempt to cool down the situation, and how would your synthetic react ICly.
    1) Politely tell them to stop so that I may revive the patient.

2) If that fails, disarm them and throw them out of the area.

3) If that fails, I'll see if I can get cablecuffs or something so I can subdue them, place them in cuffs, and stabilize the patient before dealing with him.

4) If that fails, inform the command structure to see if they can do anything about it.

5) If that fails, if I have any sedatives I'll see if I can knock him out until I'm done healing the guy, then I'll drag the idiot onto the Alamo and let the MPs handle him when it gets back up.

6) If all else fails, I'll just cauterize the wounds if any are open from surgery, and drag them off to the Alamo (presuming the field hospital is close to the LZ) stabilize them there, and let the proper doctors fix them on the Almayer, while also attempting to keep the marine in check during the process.

In that evacuation situation, I would attempt to defuse it by apologizing and saying that I did not realize that command wanted X, or whatever communication error likely caused it to be botched. If that didn't work, I would apologize again, and then likely try to run off somewhere else (generally staying with a large group of hostile ungas ends in awful escalation.). Of course, self preservation comes first either way, so if I'm attacked, knowing the odds, I'll just run away and report it to command, not being able to do much without destruction.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outboarduniform View Post
    Snip.
    First answer is fine. Though there is always a time to know when to ahelp for griefers, since intentionally trying to stop someone from being revived for no good, RPd reason is against the rules.

Second answer is not what I was looking for, but atleast it shows that you wont risk doing anything stupid.

Give me a brief, made up dialogue between your synthetic and two survivors, who have just been brought up to the Almayer. I want to see more of your synths quirk and his mannerisms.
    Last edited by Dorkkeli; 06-20-2019 at 09:22 AM.
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    First answer is fine. Though there is always a time to know when to ahelp for griefers, since intentionally trying to stop someone from being revived for no good, RPd reason is against the rules.

Second answer is not what I was looking for, but atleast it shows that you wont risk doing anything stupid.

Give me a brief, made up dialogue between your synthetic and two survivors, who have just been brought up to the Almayer. I want to see more of your synths quirk and his mannerisms.
    I do try and keep myself restrained and cautious, yes.

I mean, after a while I probably would have ahelped.

for the dialogue I used a militia attack on colony, resulting in a distress call.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Hopefully I ungoofed the formatting there.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outboarduniform View Post
    I do try and keep myself restrained and cautious, yes.

I mean, after a while I probably would have ahelped.

for the dialogue I used a militia attack on colony, resulting in a distress call.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Hopefully I ungoofed the formatting there.
    Alright chief, you wrote a nice little story. The biggest problems for me have been solved. You'll pick up the rest on the job itself.

I've also seen you on the block few times, and you have done your duties without much trouble. I'll be lurking around to see you a bit more, but I'm quite sure you would manage the synth whitelist without major issues.

+1
    Last edited by Dorkkeli; 06-21-2019 at 08:02 AM.
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've seen you ingame a bit more now and nothing to say there.

I would like to you to play a few games of doctor the following days, so I can gauge your competence in that area, but
    +1 unless you somehow don't know anything about medical.
    Last edited by Vampmare; 06-22-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1, you've answered everything well enough.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been observing and you're good at roleplaying. Good luck my friend. +1

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Behold. I am here. I think this is the first time I've ever commented on an app other than my own.

I know Outboarduniform, mostly from experiences both IC and OOC on Baystation12 which is why I'm commenting on their general capacity for RP than specifically for mechanical know-how. Although I do know they know their stuff on Bay, so it's not a huge leap to say they at least have an above-average general knowledge of the mechanics on CM. I do have memories of seeing Rook out and about on CM as well, it's just one of those things that I wasn't playing a character who would feasibly interact with them. However, from my recollections of participating with and seeing their RP on Bay they more than surpass the bar for Synthetics on that front.

Formatting memes aside the story was alright and the further responses are good as well. It's not riveting but I don't think my synthetic story really was either, nor does it particularly need to be to get across who and what your Synthetic is which is the point of the story, so it checks out.

Here's my obligatory, ultimately uninspiring, faithfully given, lone green +1
    Moderator from the 5th of July, 2018, to the 18th of February, 2019. Resigned due to college.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got vouches and your answers to questions are good.

+1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.