User Tag List

Thread: Could I get a quick rundown of the major meta changes of the past 4-5 months?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could I get a quick rundown of the major meta changes of the past 4-5 months?

Hey all, I mailed Brian Scott for a long while, but took a 4-5 month break recently. I played a round last night on a whim and got hooked again (no one can ever escape ss13.)

Anyways, some of the new mechanics were a bit uhhh, new? I quit right when the PFCs got their new snowflake load outs and now it seems like there are a million new attachments and guns. Are there any guns/loadouts to avoid? And new mechanics to learn? I�ve read/am reading the wiki but it�s a lot to take in. Any advise on how to handle the new stuff is appreciated.

Mai. Question: do the new plasteel connected cades share one health pool or can they still be targeted individually?

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marines now have squad req, so you go to your squad req instead of req at roundstart.

3 types of armor: light armor makes you dodge stuff and more resistant to acid spits, while heavy armor resistant to explosion, bullets and slashes

Kits: PFC can now choose kits to fit their playstyle, some other kits are available at req. Read wiki page regarding what each kit contains

New weapons: carbine - a single fire rifle with no range dmg falloff, smartpistol - weak pistol with IFF, mouse - 3 burst shotgun that has highest DPS in game but only takes 3 shells

Linked plasteel barricades don't share health pool.

Some xeno castes now have strains they can pick at mature that augment their abilities, read wiki page for details

New mechanic, DEFCON and role related for it, intelligence officer, details on wiki pages

CM still plays the same just more stuff to augment your playstyle ) Have fun with the new stuff
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a ton. I just read up on the new CAS system and wew it�s kinda complex. Would anyone who has mained PO after the updates be willing to teach me? It seems a lot more complicated than the old laze-fire system