Thread: Directional attack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Directional attack

do you like it?

do you use it?

personally I don't even use it, because it seems iffy to register hits and it doesn't work on stuff like cades and I'm hyper used to clicking on sprites, so even when I had it I was still clicking sprites

post general thoughts

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it either hits everything or hits nothing, its like the clicks are on some kind of cooldown where once you click it wont register anything for a split second afterwards so if you miss and click at the wrong time you just keep missing over and over and never hit anything. Then other times you just hit everything. Its real janky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep it toggled off. It's a dumb crutch that turns the skill floor into the skill basement.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't use it for two reasons: 1) I always kept accidentally slashing captures with it 2) I want to click pixel spessmen to kill them or die trying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I leave it on because I can't be bothered to mess with the defaults, for the most part.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicacrov View Post
    I always kept accidentally slashing captures with it
    What's the issue with that
    :smirk:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see the point in turning it off. You can still pixel click with it on, and if you miss the sprite it gives you a second chance to hit. Also, it seems like a must have when playing runner or lurker, especially the former for drive by slashes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    special use for directional attack: checking under bodies. you cannot use harm intent on dead people, so when you go about clicking on the ground tiles, the slash homes in on the paincritted/ssd/hiding people laying down under bodies

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by misto View Post
    special use for directional attack: checking under bodies. you cannot use harm intent on dead people, so when you go about clicking on the ground tiles, the slash homes in on the paincritted/ssd/hiding people laying down under bodies
    There exist such thing like "Clicking a dead body with right mouse button, then (if there is more than one body on this tile) you can examine it and determine if it is dead, or still living. You can do it from the distance, you can do it faster, you can do it safer.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    There exist such thing like "Clicking a dead body with right mouse button, then (if there is more than one body on this tile) you can examine it and determine if it is dead, or still living. You can do it from the distance, you can do it faster, you can do it safer.
    the pro way to do it is alt+left click a tile and it will show everything on that tile in the top right window. You can then just click the person in that window and slash them/drag them/whatever. Also works with stacks of items. Instead of right clicking and lagging for 50 minutes just alt+left click.