Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Lion - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    TheLion1675

Player Name You Use Most?
    Melissa Trelawney

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    By my understanding, there haven't been any past-year issues.

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    To BE a member of the crew is only needed in exact situations. Battlefield Execution differs in the manner in which it is done. Par the usual, the MP's take care of any and all execution requests, or the CMO in specific cases.

Battlefield Executions means the impromptu execution of any member of crew without due trial or the permission to defend themselves. To my view, this should only ever be used towards active seditious personnel or those who pose an overwhelming danger to the operation. Such danger can be put on the same category as killing fellow marines.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    My Commanding Officer believes in autonomy to a certain degree. Allowing IO's to decide for their own how they wish to handle workload, for one.

Furthermore, insubordinate requisitions or any member of crew is handled the same way equally. Brig time, and/or a replacing member of crew taking the reigns of that particular job if absolute need is present.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The Commander's job is to motivate and spirit players within an operation. It is very easy to lose control over an operation, and it is no stretch to say that motivation to keep fighting a losing battle will wane shortly thereafter.

A Commander should, at all times, have the best interests at heart for both the operation and crew welfare, and be able to make split-decisions that are in the best of interest of one.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    I think that Commanding Officer is a perfectly balanced position at current. They are given the tools to show that meritorious service gets rewarded (in medals), and has the ability to run the mission as he or she sees fit within the ruleset.

Anything else added from here on out would be added bonuses to me.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I think I can contribute a long-standing play-history on CM, a preference for command roles over combat roles (which shows to my activity on this role) and the experience that all of that brings. There has not been one department as of yet that I haven't been the leader of, and have a great deal of knowledge in SS13 alone.

I hope to be sharing my knowledge of how to run things effectively with future-to-be Commanding Officers or otherwise those put in a position where they have no choice, really.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Melissa Trelawney has a stellar record, with minor hiccups, in her service in the USMC.

Her first Operation was Breaking Dam, on an as of yet undisclosed planet where enemy combatants had held Citizens of said planet hostage. She managed, through managing her resources and personnel wisely, for all hostages to be released safely and all enemy combatants killed in action, with one being taken alive for questioning. Due to such questioning, came the second act of the Operation.

For the enemy combatants had placed bombs in strategic key places, such as power plants, water treatment plants and other critical infrastructure key to survival of the citizens on that planet. Having dispatched a specialized crew of only Engineers, they managed to disable the bombs one by one, without a single one detonating.

During this operation, she was a mere Executive Officer, already with a stellar record. The Commanding Officer placed her in charge of this operation, which she completed successfully. She was given training towards becoming a Commanding Officer after review of her performance, and the recommendation of her - now former - Commanding Officer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be neutral for this application. Can you tell me your time zone? I would love to check you as XO.

Edited: I think you can be trusted as a Captain. Good luck, bud. +1
    Last edited by ChengChan; 06-23-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChengChan View Post
    I'll be neutral for this application. Can you tell me your time zone? I would love to check you as XO.
    Hello.

GMT+2 is my timezone, and as such I'm not on the timezone as most people. I also hardly ever roll XO. Either it's been taken, or I join later in the round. If we get to it, I'd love to play alongside you, of course.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lion View Post
    Hello.

GMT+2 is my timezone, and as such I'm not on the timezone as most people. I also hardly ever roll XO. Either it's been taken, or I join later in the round. If we get to it, I'd love to play alongside you, of course.
    I recommend playing XO and SO more, only seen you as an IO and marine roles which is not sufficient to judge your leadership
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMandrake View Post
    I recommend playing XO and SO more, only seen you as an IO and marine roles which is not sufficient to judge your leadership
    I absolutely do not mean to gloat or anything, but I'd like to put this forward from last round:

http://prntscr.com/o0m0vm

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen you play SO many times and know you're competent. I'll be watching closely in future rounds we share before I give my vote, not that it counts for much.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    I've seen you play SO many times and know you're competent. I'll be watching closely in future rounds we share before I give my vote, not that it counts for much.
    Hello.

Thank you for your insight. I hope to be playing a round alongside you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just played CO with Lion as my XO on a lowpop round (73 people at roundstart.) I asked them what they're best at and what they wanted to do and they replied with "manage the ship and intelligence". While knowing how intelligence works is not merit enough for a CO whitelist, it was how they went about doing it that was pretty impressive, I watched them lead, take charge and roleplay throughout the entire round while I handled the situation on the CIC, and in the meantime they managed and coordinated departmental functions and such stuff like that. They were very competent as an XO, and I have absolutely no concern about their ability to roleplay or their ability to play the role. I've seen them as IO and SO a ton, I know that they're not bald, and they aren't going to SSD at the beginning of the round. They understand game mechanics very well, they're able to take charge of departments and maintain a high level of roleplay and an enjoyable atmosphere and I have zero doubt in my mind that the transition from XO to CO will be a smooth one.

Plus juan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahKirchner View Post
    I just played CO with Lion as my XO on a lowpop round (73 people at roundstart.) I asked them what they're best at and what they wanted to do and they replied with "manage the ship and intelligence". While knowing how intelligence works is not merit enough for a CO whitelist, it was how they went about doing it that was pretty impressive, I watched them lead, take charge and roleplay throughout the entire round while I handled the situation on the CIC, and in the meantime they managed and coordinated departmental functions and such stuff like that. They were very competent as an XO, and I have absolutely no concern about their ability to roleplay or their ability to play the role. I've seen them as IO and SO a ton, I know that they're not bald, and they aren't going to SSD at the beginning of the round. They understand game mechanics very well, they're able to take charge of departments and maintain a high level of roleplay and an enjoyable atmosphere and I have zero doubt in my mind that the transition from XO to CO will be a smooth one.

Plus juan
    Thank you so much!

It was a pleasure playing alongside you, Noah!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi.

You were my CMP last round and you were pretty good. I think you'd be a good XO however I've never seen you in that role.

I will withhold my vote until I can get some proof you've put in a lot of CIC hours. By that I mean having others vouch.