User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is balance in this game always one sided?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    More like cause a single PFC like me can solo a ravager with UGL because grenades are completely broken.
    I think if you could do a toll, the number of marines killed would easily be 30x as many as aliens from grenades.

Also... ravagers are fire proof, can delimb, and can leap. They SHOULD die from nade spam.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    I think if you could do a toll, the number of marines killed would easily be 30x as many as aliens from grenades.

Also... ravagers are fire proof, can delimb, and can leap. They SHOULD die from nade spam.
    No im not talking nade spam. I am talking a single grenade. If I hit a ravager with a grenade I can kill it before it gets up. And im not talking about hefas im talking about HEDP. Marines hardly ever die from HEDP they just get captured sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balance is a relative thing in CM.

Who gets to say what is balanced and what�s not?
    Last edited by Heckenshutze; 06-12-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    And I'm pretty sure those numbers were posted in general, months back - I had them in my CM gallery so there's that.
    I only asked so because the statistics sheet we have and collect data in has different numbers for May. It was certainly not 50-50%, you have been bamboozled. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the dev goal still like a ~60-40 xeno win rate?

Of late, I don't really feel like the game is super mechanically unbalanced, although there's definitely been a firepower creep for marines over the years with the only comparable xeno addition being warrior grabs, with regenning armor being sorta a nerf.

The thing I've noticed is that with tackle and nuero RNG being reduced, capturing has become super difficult outside of a good queen/carrier partnership. This coupled with the massive numbers xenos are fighting and the very slow armor regen is throwing things out of whack. Some rounds are truly a slog on the xeno side, and I'm trying to not let my xeno bias show. But when you win the planet and there's still around 100 marines left on the ship, and your numbers have hovered around 30 the entire time, it can be very discouraging. Especially when 5-6 grenades can stun lock kill everything except for crusher and queen. And there's lot of grenades.

Again, I do have some bias but I'm trying to suppress it.
    Last edited by kroack; 06-13-2019 at 04:39 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's opinion, but rounds where the Xeno are actually strong then you are more enjoyable than those were you're stronger than the Xeno. Rounds where the Marines just crush the Hive and you never even fire a shot aren't very fun and when it's all over in 60 minutes, the whole thing seemed rather pointless. Obviously, not everyone is gonna agree and some people just want to win, but Xeno generate more RP than just a balanced death-match aspect would.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    No im not talking nade spam. I am talking a single grenade. If I hit a ravager with a grenade I can kill it before it gets up. And im not talking about hefas im talking about HEDP. Marines hardly ever die from HEDP they just get captured sometimes.
    Sounds like something a person that dies to a single grenade would say

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer the struggle of fighting a better opponent, not so strong that Warriors or Runners can run in the middle of an entire squad and just YOINK someone.

But enough where it actually has to come down to tactics at the general view and skill of the individual.

Its impossible to balance around the skill of individuals cause thats dynamic and never static. So the best they can do is keep fucking with numbers or some shit until it works. I dont know tho, I'm just a Whitelist guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Blood View Post
    It's opinion, but rounds where the Xeno are actually strong then you are more enjoyable than those were you're stronger than the Xeno. Rounds where the Marines just crush the Hive and you never even fire a shot aren't very fun and when it's all over in 60 minutes, the whole thing seemed rather pointless. Obviously, not everyone is gonna agree and some people just want to win, but Xeno generate more RP than just a balanced death-match aspect would.
    The hard thing is, I feel like, that balancing very low xeno numbers against very high marine numbers is really, really hard without stretching the survivability of the average xeno to outrageous degrees.

My most immediate suggestion would be to remove boxes of grenades from squad req, I see marines running around with just HEFA crates, pistols, and flamers. That's ridiculous.

edit: Another thought is that, bias incoming, most rounds it really feels like the xenos are the underdogs. I don't know if any marine mains feel the same way recently.
    Last edited by kroack; 06-14-2019 at 02:07 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone who thinks grenades are balanced right now is a player that has no skill and cant get kills any other way. Theres like 7 boxes of HEDP at round start, thats like 200 grenades. UGL can load 2 grenades and launch them all the way across the screen. The grenades have a 5 tile stun radius so you dont even have to get close to what you hit. The timer on them starts when its in the air so they blow up like 1 second after they hit the ground unlike thrown grenades. So you have almost no time to run away from them (since its a fucking 5 tiles radius.) Anyone can get a UGL it comes on the fucking m41. The stuns on grenades last forever its like a 5+ second stun depending on how close you are to it. You can chain stun over and over, especially b18. You can use the fucking UGL without wielding it so you dont even get slowed when running around. You can even meme and carry 2 m41s and just run around chain stunning with 4 grenades before having to reload so you are a slightly poorer version of the b18.

Anyone defending grenades is a retard and cant get kills without them.