User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Why is balance in this game always one sided?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah like even persistent xeno numbers like 1421 would be a good middle ground, but suddenly it's elitist to know who you can depend on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to wonder if pop levels have something to do with difficulty balancing, as well. I typically play during "lowpop" hours, since I work nights (so around 7pm-7am PST). I think in the entire last week, I've seen Marines win maybe 2-3 times. Every game it's the same shit - Marines make an initial push, then they get pushed back, then they lose the most forward base, then they start losing the FOB after anywhere from 10 minutes to 3 hours, which spurs an evacuation, after which Xenos hijack the shuttle and kill everyone on the ship. Out of the 15-20 or so rounds I've played this past week, this genuinely happens almost every game.

What's bizarre is that this runs almost directly counter to what I hear both in this thread and in the forum in general. The common consensus that I'm seeing is that Marines have the advantage in a war of attrition, Marines have better firepower, greater numbers, etc etc. Despite that, my experience is almost directly the opposite. If you asked me about balance, I would tell you that things are horribly slanted in favor on the Xenos right now, because out of the last 10 games I've played, I think Marines may have won once.

All that being said, I'm not trying to make a statement about the balance or claim that my perception of it is accurate - just that every player's experience can be drastically different and that the overall population numbers during certain hours, in addition to the playerbase that's online during those hours, might have a pretty significant effect on the overall balance.
    Last edited by Sweaterkittens; 07-10-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweaterkittens View Post
    snip
    most of the posts in this thread are from a couple of weeks ago when marines were winning every game. The balance is better now.

The problem is you are on lowpop. I play lowpop too and lowpop is way more dependent on player skill than high pop. Individual players can make way more of a difference so balancing changes swing things a lot more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think one problem is the games balance issues r constantly being worked on
    and while that happens they just let the game continue in its current unbalanced iteration
    and then more updates re-unbalance it, and it takes more time to rebalance it, etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    see, i like to think that if the marines just did wacky shit every single round, they'd eventually find something that works instead of the standard point and click adventure.

but the real answer to this thread is because the devs buff xenos in exchange for sexual favors from the boilers.