Byond ID?
    Eliteempire

CM Character?
    Godwin 'Elite' Agg

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    10-12+

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Discord mod for 40-60 people, Mod for a website when the admin was busy Zetaforms I believe it was called.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    I used too play pardise as a miner but haven't in months

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    None

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    None

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Nope

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    I'm leaning towards no, however I cannot be sure due to my length of time having played this game.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    I'm gonna have to say no, but I may have been due to my inexperience on other serves when I began playing Space station 13.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes, Its what working with a team is all about

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would check the combat logs first and foremost. If the person had actively switched the firearm to burst fire or Masterkey/ect and THEN fired, I'd head to look at his notes to see if this was common or not with them.

If this has been a common thing I'd be forced to step in to either apply a Timed banned or a day + ban along with filling in his note about him doing this thing again.

If this was a first time thing with him, I'd ask what was up and see if everything was alright with the lad. Depending on what he said, and how he acted in pms. I would then either apply the note or leave it IC as he is already in MP control.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Inform the player that this is a white list issue, Something I lack control over which requires it to be posted on the forums to have the council look into it.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I'd help the lad to the best I could and if not I'd ask for another mod to aid me in this. I've heard mentors are going away so I believe this would be my job as well in the future.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would inform him that I have no need to forward him to an Admin + staff member, and I would tell him that there is no need to be so aggressive in ahelps because it leads to more harsh punishment 9 times out of 10.

If however he keeps attacking me I would be forced to either note him and also direct him towards the forms to file a report on me if my behavior was truly that horrible.

I really would't want to ban or outright punish a player for salting too much unless he was well clearly in the wrong like blowing up briefing with a RnD grenade for 'lolz'

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Inform the lad that certain names are not accepted here, as stated within the rules. Asking him if he would be willing to change his name in the future. Maybe leave a note about 'watch said player for Names' in the future

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would check the logs seeing when Green and if green alert was just triggered from a red or yellow.

As long as he isn't shooting up anybody or causing issues and still doing his job. This is IC and nothing else done, Its why we have MP's after all.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Check logs again, and see if he had been hostile, And openly stated that he WAS hostile from the start.

This is IC, as survivors are permitted to be hostile until they are forced onto the warship marines deploy from. Both parties would be informed of this and would move on.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would bowink both the MP and the player to get the details of both side of the story. Something seems rather fishy here as you don't end up in perma JUST for trespassing AND theft. Depending on the information presented, and logs matching one side or the other I would either ask the MP to reread the rules on marine law so the guy doesn't get fake charges OR inform the prisoner that he had done extra things which were added up to make it perma.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would subtle message both sides to try and edge them towards an attack. I would try to spin it as a PR move and restore the moral of either side because fear is what would be holding them back and Queen Mother/Command believes in them to finish the job!

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    "Ah god fucking damn it ya bald bastard, What the fuck are you doing to these fucking marines! Stop Oding them and read our fucking medic manual!" IC i would say or some type of this statement.

If I truly believed it was on purpose, I would Ahelp it as it would involve me and I can't handle my own ticket due to a conflict of interest I believe its called

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Permitted because they are two hostile factions and there is no such thing as permanent peace however friendly fire isn't permitted if he needs any clarification afterwords.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Check logs/notes and see if the marine is new. Alot of new people in my experience seem to think they can do this which is weird but thats life.

If his new, Inform him of the rules and aid him in getting his own gear and returning the stuff he had stolen the best he could. Add as note as well to watch encase it happened again.

If he has a history of this and is greifing on purpose, note him and smack a timed ban on him.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Inform him that punching a marine isn't cause for escalation into a gunfight and murder. That there is a clear step by step process before you can outright kill another marine.

Disarm spam, Fist, knife, then gun, Then death.

I would hand him the link too it, inform him to read it and note him for improper escalation.

I would also check to see if the murdered marine had been harassing the murder for any length of time before hand if possible.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    LOOC these lads and find out why they haven't taken the proper steps for a mutiny, inform them that if they don't, I would need to take steps to note them and other measures until they follow the proper methods.

They would also get the link if it still works to the mutiny rules because everybody seems to forget those.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I'd ask for another persons opinion on the matter because if its minor racism and everybody is laughing then they are the one having the problem.

They have various methods to avoid the situation either by leaving said area, IC telling them to stop.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Wait 3 minutes and while doing that ask the wounded to Ahelp so they may be healed. If they relog find out what the hell that was about, If they didn't relog within that time file for a perma. Note this account and keep an eye out for potential muilt-keying later on in the round.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Bowink the lad and ask them if they realize that the war front is no place for a larva and this can get them in trouble.

IF they die, then I would note them for clearing being suicidal however that would also require some watching after the bowink because they might just be trying to watch.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    inform them to cut it off, Note them if it isn't there first time doing it. Also remind them the hive is one minded and the queen will controls all and that its not cool to insult one self.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    It was ruled in a former report, I can't remember which one that aliens are permitted to call it a dropship or other things. This is fine and IC.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Double check it isn't an event round where marines know about the alien threat before hand.

If its an event round about knowing there are aliens its IC and fine.

If its not I'd remind the lad that nobody on the marine side is aware of the alien threat planet-side and make up a cover story for there slip up to add some RP to the round. Sometimes we slip up, there is no reason to be punished if its not a common thing.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Check the logs and see what the other 3 personal and himself have to say. Its very reasonable too believe that when everything has gone wrong even a well trained soldier can break and focus on saving his own life.

If however he just walked up and point blanked somebody, That's a note and a stern talking too.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I'm not too sure as to what the others would do, However my main thing would be to just tone it down so it isn't filling the screen. Let them rant about me, It helps them desalt faster so they don't do something stupid and ruin the round for somebody else later.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would inform the player that this is an IC issue, and that even if it wasn't I lack the ability to access the admin powers. I am merely a mod and not an admin. I would tell him sorry for the bad news but to look forward to playing as a alien now or once busted to trigger the ERT at defon's 4 and 2 I believe

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Bring the information to somebody above our pay grade so to speak, We're on equal footing and I have no right to get involved besides informing somebody above us with said information.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Contact a higher up about the situation and go about my day, I really can't get involved in the matter as its between those two. Maybe tell them to take it somewhere else if its really clogging things up in msay or get a higher ups opinion?

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I love this community and really do want to help it in some actual fashion with everything. I can't code, I can't do spirits but what I can do is help people and if not get people who can. I didn't really have a hand to help me when I first started playing and I would like to ensure others don't suffer that same fate.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    The ability to treat the players as people and not kids. There is normally a reason behind each persons action and situations that lead up too it and when it happens. You need to factor in everything when you make a choice.

Anything else you
    I got a busted O-key on my laptop, this application is filled out via a phone so apologizes in advance if its really bad.

I cuss rather often but not out of anger or anything but because thats just a normal word to me.

Thanks for reading through this entire thing, You're fucking crazy lads, Now hit me with them fucking questions.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I've immediately got a few issues with the answers, and I'll go over those here.

Whitelist issues, such as the Predator one, need to be investigated. While it is not within our jurisdiction to ban them, we should investigate the validity of the ahelp, if the event occurred as described, and report our findings to the Council.

The 'rude in ahelps' one is pretty accurate, although generally it is best to let another moderator handle any punishment to avoid bias concerns. Bonus points for referring them to Staff Reports though.

We can rename players now as a Moderator, but you're not really expected to know that for the application.

The survivor one should also involve questioning the people involved, rather than just checking logs. While the logs are hard facts, they often lack context that may be critical.

I'm not overly keen on the 'racist comments' one, as generally if anyone is upset, it should be asked to be toned down. It's a judgement call though on what is too far.

With the above said, for the most part I am very happy with the answers. I feel they may be a bit lenient in some situations, but that's not inherently a bad thing. You seem to have a good grasp of procedures for the most part, especially for inter-staff conflict.

You've got a few semi-recent notes that I feel are a cause for concern, but not absolutely damning. This is going to be a bit silly, but I do have some concerns about how you'd be seen in terms of professionalism due to the '0' key issue, although if you are accepted I would be willing to help find software to mitigate the issue.

In conclusion, based on the application and notes alone, as I don't feel like I've interacted with you quite enough for a personal feel, I'm tentatively in support of this application.

Although, with that said, let me ask a few questions that may be relevant, especially to current events:

1: An explosion occurs in Medbay, killing several people and destroying an autodoc. Several people ahelp, although no one knows who did it. What actions do you take?

2: The same question as above, but you are one of the people injured/killed in the explosion.

3: You discover a member of staff is ahealing themselves during combat, what do you do?
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The busted keyboard is an issue that I was told could have some type of preface involved with it, I understand it really lacks professionalism too some which is also why I no longer play on other servers for fear of them thinking i'm trolling with uber elite speak.

As for the notes, Ya i regret the most recent one even if there was a lull at the time.

1: An explosion occurs in Medbay, killing several people and destroying an autodoc. Several people ahelp, although no one knows who did it. What actions do you take?

I would check notes, and logs while also asking Dchat and in Msay if they had seen anything sketchy going on in medbay. I don't believe mods have the ability to respawn autodoc's or any item/object.

If signs of greifing had been found, I would ahelp the people involved in the matter and log the person who did it. Get there side of the story and note them. Get a higher up if possible to give back an Autodoc. ALSO i would heal those effected, and ask them to ahelp if they needed the heals.

If at the end of the day no greifing was found and it was a mistake, well the lads are already in medbay at most I could ask a higher up to replace the autodoc? The wiring is something an MT can fix after all.

2: The same question as above, but you are one of the people injured/killed in the explosion.

Conflict of interests, I'd ahelp this and send all the information I had at the time in my chat logs to said person. If I was injured, It would be the normal spill of ' God damn it, Yada yada' if I was Dead, be salty and chill with my fellow D-chat mains while answering ahelps for the rest of the round if I felt that I was still capable of being unbiased during said time otherwise I would log off for a break to unsalt.

3: You discover a member of staff is ahealing themselves during combat, what do you do?

First I'd have a hearty laugh at how unrobust this lad is not In-game but real life. Before passing any logs/information up to a higher staff member. I think it goes Senior mod, Head mod, Head Dev, and then Head Staff? But I'm not too sure on that, If possible I'd try to maybe get a small video of it happening as double proof?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    App looks good. +1 and godwin is a good fellow.
    I�d go more in depth on a few answers and what�s wrong if I was still staff but honestly most of these are right with the odd ones out just needing clarification on them.
    Characters
    Alex Rossfield - Marine Roles
    Luke Diamond - Captain
    Lukas - Synthetic
    Alex Rossfield
    CM History
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right! Been waiting for you to make this app. Grimreaper already went over your answers really well, so i'm not gonna do that.

I will vouch for you as a person, though. I've interacted with you many times over the past year or two, and i can say you remain professional, and you seem dedicated to helping people in CM. All in all, i think you are a good person, and a good fit for our team, +1.

Also, if your keyboard problems become an issue of contention over this, i'm certain we can find a work-around for it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the answers seem fine and minor issues can be hammered out with a trial.
    I say yes

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliteempire View Post
    -snip
    I am pretty pleased with these answers, 3 is close enough for someone not familiar with the internal practices. You'd take it immediately to their Manager, so if it was a Moderator, straight to Grimcad, a dev to Dean, etc. The important bit was that you'd collect information and pass it to someone higher up though. Overall, unless something serious comes up, I think it'd be worth giving you a shot for sure.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Grimreaper pretty much said everything I had to say, particularly regarding the notes/answers.

The lack of an O key is a 'concern', but we should be able to resolve/work around the issue.

I'm more-than-willing to vouch for your character. You're an all-around good guy and a valued member of the community, and I think you should be given a chance at a trial.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliteempire View Post
    Moderator Application
    A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Check logs again, and see if he had been hostile, And openly stated that he WAS hostile from the start.

This is IC, as survivors are permitted to be hostile until they are forced onto the warship marines deploy from. Both parties would be informed of this and would move on.
    Just to rectify, even if they're forced onto the ship they can be hostile (of course this doesn't mean that they can gun down everyone they see/beeline for CIC etc.), they are only prohibited if willingly go up (I.E surrender, or aren't hostile to begin with, this doesn't include being killed and taken up) and once peaceful always peaceful, no turn-coating.

Your answers are good. I might have more questions for you later, but for now I'm satisfied.

If a situation where an autodoc is destroyed by grief occurs you can ping for Senior Moderators or Admins who can replace them.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since the very first time I noticed Agg wandering around, fixing barricades with only one arm, he's treated me with friendship and respect.
    Answers are solid, let's see what he can d0.
    +1