User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eliteempire - Moderator Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well shit thanks lads, I'm actually surprised this has gotten even off the ground. I fully expected to just be denied or my answers having been way too wrong. Learning abunch of stuff with this app as well, Never knew a hostile survivor could remain hostile to an extent shipside if taken by force up.

You know the drill, Got any other questions toss'em my way.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A long standing member of the community and very well liked by said community. It's a +1 from me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agg is a stinky.

Other than the questions and answers given so far, riddle me this:

You're just coming around as a ghost and notice the following;

Two players wordlessly move together through the Almayer from cryo, it appears that one of the players is brand new due to their slow reactions and difficulty in gearing up etc. The other player is one that you've seen before and appears to be helping them, though no speech is being typed by either, inferring that they are communicating outside the game.

What actions (if any) would you take and why?
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x31stOverlord View Post
    Agg is a stinky.

Other than the questions and answers given so far, riddle me this:

You're just coming around as a ghost and notice the following;

Two players wordlessly move together through the Almayer from cryo, it appears that one of the players is brand new due to their slow reactions and difficulty in gearing up etc. The other player is one that you've seen before and appears to be helping them, though no speech is being typed by either, inferring that they are communicating outside the game.

What actions (if any) would you take and why?
    Wow much rudeo.

Check the notes and maybe IP's if possible on both accounts to make sure this isn't some type of ruse and see if this is a first time offense for both parties. While keeping a close eye on the two.

Once i've checked both sides of the notes, I will bowink both players asking to get there side of the story, along with presenting to them the rule of no metacommuncation which they seem to both be doing. Which is a big no no.

I would try to firgure out if they were family or just friends which would be applied to both parties notes. Example 'So and So were meta-comming but are family' ect, So that people in the future can watch for them.

After thats said and done, I would be willing to take over and aid the newer person in gearing up/dropping down but at that point his once more free to the unga wild as he will always be able to ahelp if he has any more questions.

I won't lie, It feels kinda like being an asshole having to note somebody in that situation as long as they were doing it to get geared up/understand things. However for combat and other things of that nature its not assholeish at all, It isn't fair for others.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair or not Metacommunication is metacommunication. We have big red text that tells you not to break the rules. It's not hard. We can't make exceptions for people even if it's just so they can help someone learn how to play. While it does not apply in all cases, 90% of Metacommunication incidents rise to immediate permabans.

I'll give you another situation involving possible metacomms.

The map is LV, marines are pushing hard in the North Eastern caves, the xenos have very few left and the Queen uses a tunnel to escape to the Western Caves. Two marines split off from the main force and immediately head westwards. What do you do and why?
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I wasn't aware they were supposed to be raised right to permaban including new players. I can see the logic in.

I mean that depends heavily on the logs of the game earlier on.

Did the marines report tunnels being found earlier on in the game, If so which tunnels? Where were they located and/or destroyed? Did the Burrower only build like 3 extra openings?

Follow them for awhile and the queen possibly, See if they are oddly on point where she goes AFTER she exits the tunnel and keep an eye on there squads com's. If they just 'randomly' keep finding her without any real tracks to go off of, 'other squads calling it in, Hearing the heavy breathing, ect' Then this might instead be a case of mulit-keying which is also a perma punishment if I remember correctly.

If they keep interacting with each other flawlessly after turning together then ya its most likely meta-Com's and thus proper punishment and noting for those accounts. IF they are just two random unga's that just happened to turn at the same time and spoke to each other then it really isn't Meta-Coms is it or am I supposed to note them for 'keep an eye out, strange actions' in a note?

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A note advising watching is recommended as if they are caught metacomming in future it provides solid evidence/backup.

Your answer is acceptable to me, best of luck.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliteempire View Post
    I won't lie, It feels kinda like being an asshole having to note somebody in that situation as long as they were doing it to get geared up/understand things. However for combat and other things of that nature its not assholeish at all, It isn't fair for others.
    I'll be honest, there are a fair number of situations where you're going to feel like an asshole for rule enforcement. I just want to make sure you're aware and prepared for that.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaperx15 View Post
    I'll be honest, there are a fair number of situations where you're going to feel like an asshole for rule enforcement. I just want to make sure you're aware and prepared for that.
    Oh I'm well aware of it, I was just making my feelings clear as this is an application to see if I fit within a team already established and hiding that shit even if its an open secret would do everybody a disservice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure. I'd be happy to see this go through to a trial.

+1