User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FGRSentinel - Commander Application

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish you the best of luck with COing - I think you can do it very well, albeit you seem to be a bit short tempered person, so be careful. You meet more stupid people as a CO than an PO. Be ready for the CIC drama.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicacrov View Post
    I wish you the best of luck with COing - I think you can do it very well, albeit you seem to be a bit short tempered person, so be careful. You meet more stupid people as a CO than an PO. Be ready for the CIC drama.
    Ironically I find I'm much more even-tempered as PO and XO than I am most other roles, especially when it comes to salt. Hopefully that carries over, right? Thanks for the advice though.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's not a whole ton I need to see at this point, I think.

I've been looking forward to seeing this application, and now that it's here, the best I got is "Ya shoulda dropped it sooner". That said, the application surpassed my expectations, so maybe waiting was a good move.

The application is thought out, and I can tell you know your stuff. The story as well is heartwarming and gives me a good sense of who Pearsall is and the way he thinks. You hit it out of the ballpark, and long as you don't mind, I'll more then likely use this as an example of what a Commanding Officer Application should like when asked by those aspiring to acquire the whitelist.

With the app out of the way, I figured I'd let this application sit for a bit so I could observe you as XO/SO, as before this app I couldn't recall seeing you in the CIC all too often. The recent times I've seen you in Command, you've done quite well, going as far as leading the Operation while the CO you were under was busy elsewhere. I have no doubt Pearsall will do just fine at the helm of the USS Almayer, and otherwise have no major gripes/concerns with the application, or the applicant.

Thank you for putting in your request, and congratulations on the Promotion, Captain Pearsall. +1

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    probably one of my favorite players on a day to day basis, always good to see, always has his Souto +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe you would make a fine Captain

+1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised you are not already white listed

You have my support.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm honestly glad people like the application and that people have such a high confidence in me. One thing I've come to accept, though, is that there's also a number of people (Soluble's response reminded me of this, but Frans said it outright in a discussion the day I mentioned the story to them) that jokingly expect me to start every briefing with a can of Souto. That's a thing that's just associated so much with Pearsall and it's something I'm perfectly fine living with now.

Either way, I'm glad for the support.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1
    He is capable of leading and a few rounds with him shows he is competent enough for the job

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop competing for my XO slots nerd.

+1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good app, made by a good guy. I haven�t seen you around too often that I can recall off the top of my head, but the times I have, I haven�t had anything negative pop up. I think you�ll do just fine as CO, so here�s my +1!