Byond ID?
    joezill

CM Character?
    Dane Vargas

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes, i've been staff on a few GMOD servers long past, along with some forums.,

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Rarely.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    N/A

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    N/A

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Of course!

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would first check the logs, to see just how many times the person friendly fired. If it was just once, it can be easily tacked up to a miss click, and leave it as an in char matter.

If it was more then one shot, i would see if it had a proper lead up, or was just a random, out of the blue gun down.

If it was a case of grieding or perhaps meta-gruding, i would issue a warn or ban depending on any player notes he had.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I'm not so sure i'm the one to deal with this. I would direct him to file a complaint on the forms, and let the people in charge of the yautja know.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would first see if any mentors were around and direct them to them. If there were none, i would offer any help myself. I'm more then willing to help teach new players, as it helps the server grow.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    As far as i understand, that isnt something i have to go out of my way to do. I would direct him to file a staff complaint on the forms if he persisted, and note his records about his rude behavior and give a warning about it.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would let the player know about the naming rules, and ask him for a name. Upon receiving it, i would change his name for him.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    As long as there are no rule breaks caused by this, it is a completely IC issue.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would check the logs to verify the survivors claims, and if he was telling the truth--No corrective action would be taken. I would inform any affected parties that as long as survivors are consistently hostile, it is entirely withing their IC right.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would start by checking out both sides of the story, checking the logs throughout the process to verify any claims. If that was indeed all the marine did, i would inform the MP that neither crimes can be cause for perma, nor can the crimes be stacked. I would also check the MP's notes, just incase he has a habit of giving overly long brig sentences. If there actually *was* reason for Perma, i would classify it as an IC issue.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would send a message through queen mother urging the aliens on, something like, "Do not dissapoint the hive. We must bolster our numbers. Do not hide, attack! Take down the tallhosts, and add them to our ranks."

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    That would be an entirely IC issue, and i would deal with it as such.

If i see it repeated, i would likely investigate and see if there was anything in his notes about him doing it previously.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    EORG does not protect antags, and i would inform him as such.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would check logs and potentially watch him for a moment. I would warn him for round start griefing, and if this was a regular thing for him, the punishment may be more then just a warning.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Firstly i would check the logs to see if it was, indeed, just a punch. If it was, i would warn the murderer for improper escalation. If this turned out to be a regular occurrence based on the murderers log, i would give a temp ban for improper escalation.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would OOC/LOOC inform the marines doing it of such, and try and disuade them from doing it at all. Informing them of Rule 17 while doing so.

If they insist on doing the mutiny, i would have them do it the proper way---If not followed, bans would come into play.

If they did follow the mutiny rules, i would make sure they had atleast five members, and made known to me or other staff who said members were, and their reasoning.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I would ask the group to tone it down a bit, but would also let the ahelper know that minor racism and the like is allowed within CM's IC ruleset.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Thats undeniably griefing. Would apply a 7 day ban, and let hire up's know incase of the need for a perma.

I would also heal any of the wounded marines, asking for ahelps to identify them.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would question the player concerning his reasoning. Assuming he was new, i would inform him of how that wasnt exactly the best idea.

If he wasnt new, and depending on his notes, a temp job ban may be given out.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Warn them on the basis of rule 2 concerning LRP, and make a note in their notes.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would inform the player that this is totally fine. While some xenos may refer to the dropship as the "metal bird", or the tank, "turtle", calling them what they're actually called is just as fine.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would inform the command player that this is meta knowledge, and sternly warn them against doing it agian, making a note in their notes. If this was a repeated offense, harsher punishments may be used.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I would ask all parties involved, and check the logs in accordance. If everything checked out, and it was to save his own life, i would leave it to a IC issue.

If it was clearly otherwise, warns would be handed out, and notes updated.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would ask them to calm it down, and try and ease back on their ranting. I would also direct them to staff complaints if they wished to follow through. If they continued, a mute would be handed out. I would also difer him to another staff member, for an outside perspective.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    This is an entirely IC issue, and would let them know as much. I would recommend they attend medical.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would report it in the staff channel/to staff heads. If all it was was misinformation, i would politely correct the staff member in the case he was simply mistaken.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    That's not something my job would entail. I would probably let a higher up know, or direct the two to the staff channel.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I've been playing CM for a while, and have come to enjoy it. Because of that i would like to help it grow in any way i can. If that entails helping enforce the rules, and perhaps guiding new bros along, i would be more then happy to do it. Keeping the rules not only helps keep the game fun for me, but for others aswell.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    They should be unbiased, and neutral. Coming into every situation with a open mind, willing to see both sides of a potential conflict.

Anything else you
    As said above, one of the funnest space station server's i've ever played. I've watched the community grow, and would love nothing more then to help keep it doing so.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulZeDurg View Post
    A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I'm not so sure i'm the one to deal with this. I would direct him to file a complaint on the forms, and let the people in charge of the yautja know.
    Investigation is still our jobs, if an aHelp comes in regarding someone in a whitelist position, direct the aHelper to the forums and gather what information you can.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would first see if any mentors were around and direct them to them. If there were none, i would offer any help myself. I'm more then willing to help teach new players, as it helps the server grow.
    Mentors are to an extent being phased out/reduced in number, Moderators are now expected to be helping new players more often.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    As far as i understand, that isnt something i have to go out of my way to do. I would direct him to file a staff complaint on the forms if he persisted, and note his records about his rude behavior and give a warning about it.
    No one has the right to choose who handles their aHelps, if they're being overly rude to you and refusing to listen then escalate to a 3 hour ban if you believe it is warranted.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?

If i see it repeated, i would likely investigate and see if there was anything in his notes about him doing it previously.
    If they're deliberately overdosing multiple people or preventing them being revived in other methods this is likely grief and should be investigated. aHelp it if they are your patients however.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would report it in the staff channel/to staff heads. If all it was was misinformation, i would politely correct the staff member in the case he was simply mistaken.
    This usually isn't necessariy to take to management unless the information is drastically wrong, the staff member refuses to correct themselves once you inform them of their mistake, or if it's deliberate.

I'm neutral for the moment. I may have more questions for you soon.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, I do not recognize your ckey or IC whatsoever, and along with your account being created solely for this application I cannot base my opinion on anything but this application for you.

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would first check the logs, to see just how many times the person friendly fired. If it was just once, it can be easily tacked up to a miss click, and leave it as an in char matter.

If it was more then one shot, i would see if it had a proper lead up, or was just a random, out of the blue gun down.

If it was a case of grieding or perhaps meta-gruding, i would issue a warn or ban depending on any player notes he had.
    Spelling mistake, but otherwise this is an IC issue, MP's have detained the person in question. It's been handled.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    As long as there are no rule breaks caused by this, it is a completely IC issue.
    This is an application, are there any rule breaks present in this question?

While it could be said that you should or shouldn't handle the issue IC'ly, handling it in any sense as a moderator is strictly a big no no, you ask another staff.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would check logs and potentially watch him for a moment. I would warn him for round start griefing, and if this was a regular thing for him, the punishment may be more then just a warning.
    This is obviously grief, if the player is not new, a harsh lecture and a 3d ban if they have any history of this as roundstart shenanigans is not allowed, if they're new, drop a nice informative lecture and a day ban.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would OOC/LOOC inform the marines doing it of such, and try and disuade them from doing it at all. Informing them of Rule 17 while doing so.

If they insist on doing the mutiny, i would have them do it the proper way---If not followed, bans would come into play.

If they did follow the mutiny rules, i would make sure they had atleast five members, and made known to me or other staff who said members were, and their reasoning.
    Mutinies cannot happen whatsoever unless allowed by a moderator+, thus your second statement of what you'd do, being if they insist on the mutiny when you say no, is a warn and if they continue, a ban.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would question the player concerning his reasoning. Assuming he was new, i would inform him of how that wasnt exactly the best idea.

If he wasnt new, and depending on his notes, a temp job ban may be given out.
    Can't place temp jobbans on CM.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Warn them on the basis of rule 2 concerning LRP, and make a note in their notes.
    What of the insulting of the queen part of the question?

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would ask them to calm it down, and try and ease back on their ranting. I would also direct them to staff complaints if they wished to follow through. If they continued, a mute would be handed out. I would also difer him to another staff member, for an outside perspective.
    Answer is par up to differing them to another staff, there's no need. Salt is the way of CM and let them cool off without another "staff ganging up on them".

From your answers as stated, the only thing I can base your ability as a moderator on; Is not very good.
    While answers are correct along with the corrections I've stated, your answers seem scrapped together.
    By this I mean, your detail and personality in each question varies, it seems to me that you simply looked at accepted applications and reworded the answers.
    While I can be wrong in this, I don't like that feeling I get from it all.
    Neutral

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not know you. Answers are acceptable. Remaining neutral, leaning towards negative.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't feel there is a lot to say about this application. It's not the worst, but it does feel very scrapped together, which gives me the feeling that you don't care all that much. I'm personally against application at this time.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm feeling neutral on this Application
    Could use some more details and elaboration.

I'm also concerned that this is your only post on the Forums + you haven't had a large amount the last few months

Maybe reapply once you've got some more experince.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Frozen's evaluation. It isn't a bad application but this is the only forum post you've had. If I see you more often in the game playing and more on the discord I can have a better grasp of how you fit into the community.

I'm neutral

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am giving a -1, your time seems ok, but your answers seems scrapped and lackluster, you seem to have no interest on it. interact more on forums, show up a bit and try again on a late future.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While forum activity is not a major factor in ones application it does factor in. Your application was alright, but nothing spectacular. Further more, you have not posted in the application since you posted it nearly a month ago. While I don't expect a post after every comment, I would have liked to see you speak up for yourself and address some of the concerns from the rest of staff. Put yourself out there a bit more. Take some more time answering the questions to the application. If you still would like to join staff wait a bit and then reapply.

Denied.