Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bald queens

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x31stOverlord View Post
    This was explained during the last town hall thing with the devs. Implementing a time lock on roles at this point would require adding logging systems to the server because we don't log playtime in certain roles. It just doesn't look likely in the near future because well. Any one can play anything they want in the server and if they are new we can help them. If they are new and seem to be struggling too much we can replace them and advise they don't have Queen preference enabled until they are more familiar with the game
    Then how about just minimum time played period? I am pretty sure you guys have that?

And not to disagree or anything but you literally cannot play some roles in the server. Specifically CO. The queen is of an equivalent level and not only doesn't require whitelist but can be played by brand new players immediately?

I am not saying we need to whitelist queen... but I don't see the reason for the pushback here. When we are having rounds semi ruined by brand new queens, who are then never wanting to play queen again because of the reactions of players.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    Then how about just minimum time played period? I am pretty sure you guys have that?

And not to disagree or anything but you literally cannot play some roles in the server. Specifically CO. The queen is of an equivalent level and not only doesn't require whitelist but can be played by brand new players immediately?

I am not saying we need to whitelist queen... but I don't see the reason for the pushback here. When we are having rounds semi ruined by brand new queens, who are then never wanting to play queen again because of the reactions of players.
    I ain't a Dev, I'm just passing on information from the Devs that took place in the last town hall.

The difference between a CO and the Queen, is that the Aliens cannot play without a Queen, whereas marines don't necessarily need a CO to function normally.

I agree with the sentiment completely, I would prefer a softlock on roundstart queens to prevent new people, but again, it currently isn't in scope from what the Devs are saying in the Town Hall.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x31stOverlord View Post
    I ain't a Dev, I'm just passing on information from the Devs that took place in the last town hall.

The difference between a CO and the Queen, is that the Aliens cannot play without a Queen, whereas marines don't necessarily need a CO to function normally.

I agree with the sentiment completely, I would prefer a softlock on roundstart queens to prevent new people, but again, it currently isn't in scope from what the Devs are saying in the Town Hall.
    Nice try bro, we see your orange tag. And orange means you cant be trusted. You're a dev in our eyes. Good job ruining the balance you monster.

And that is what is so damn bizarre. Marines DONT need the co.. and hes whitelisted. The aliens rely entirely on the queen... and shes a free for all.

I wonder if changes are being planned that would make this whole thing moot? But I aside from a change to the way that queen is picked/job roles selected.. i cant imagine it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two of the baldest queens ever:

Chaznudeboy and symb
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    Two of the baldest queens ever:

Chaznudeboy and symb
    Speak of the devil and he shall appear

The Queen can make or break a round, much more so than a whitelisted CO. There's no reason not to have a softlock or a popup saying "are you familiar enough with this role?", other than dev laziness or unwillingness. Ensuring people who are at least familiar with xenos mechanics are able to pick it means the quality increases somewhat, meaning you get a better view of win/loss ratios because the role's being played as intended. It also means one side isn't entirely crippled on the offchance someone who is attempting to throw or is unwilling to play the role as intended, and they can get dealt with by staff as such.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaznoodles View Post

The Queen can make or break a round, much more so than a whitelisted CO. There's no reason not to have a softlock or a popup saying "are you familiar enough with this role?", other than dev laziness or unwillingness. Ensuring people who are at least familiar with xenos mechanics are able to pick it means the quality increases somewhat, meaning you get a better view of win/loss ratios because the role's being played as intended. It also means one side isn't entirely crippled on the offchance someone who is attempting to throw or is unwilling to play the role as intended, and they can get dealt with by staff as such.
    *scream
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaznoodles View Post

haha my suggestion got added.

get ready for everything you said to be amplified by 100

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    haha my suggestion got added.

get ready for everything you said to be amplified by 100
    Oh god oh fuck why would you do this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a big problem with queens is that theres no "training wheels" mode for it. with humans you can be an SL or aSL and its not too huge of a deal because if you die maybe someone competent can be made aSL next and you can learn things about ordering people around and keeping them under control before moving up to squad operator and XO or whatever. there are ways to get in some practice before going for the whitelisted big boy chair.

but there's no practice with queens. xeno "leaders" do jack shit of leading, theyre just phero outlets. its 0 to 100 instantly for whoever randomly rolls queen or some poor clueless drone who has to do it if the earlier queen died, with the fate of the round hanging heavily over their heads

like, is this an intentional balance decision? a stealthy way to give marines the occasional easy gg round so things dont seem so dire?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can learn queen by being drone which has half the queens abilities and is directly around the queen learning to nest, lay eggs, all the good crap. You can learn how queens fight by just being a xeno around the queen and watching. You wont get hands on experience but you can definetly learn about queen without playing queen.