User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bald queens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i mean, it took devs THAT LONG to realise they had roundstart queen automatically turned on for new players, so. i don't really have high hopes for any regulation on bald roundstart queens. bald midround queens are honestly just fine. gotta learn somewhere, and that's the best time to do it, considering you're about fucked anyway.

it usually takes 10-20ish minutes for staff to respond, and most of the time it just turns into 'oh, just let the queen learn.' assuming the hive didn't already burn down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue with bald queens is that it doesn't only impact their own game. Marines having bald COs is something that's pretty easily rectified, either by ignoring them and winning through sheer unga, or a good ol' fashioned mutiny. For Queen on the other hand, xenos literally have no choice but to accept they're not going to have a fun round, since Xenos success is DIRECTLY tied to the queen via mechanics like evolution and leaders. That's why the comparison between a bad CO and a bad queen don't really make sense. It's not like the marines can't get themselves guns when their CO doesn't know how to unbuckle himself from a chair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    greatqueen.jpg

12:13 queen enters ovi
    12:20 queen talks for the first time: "Wow"
    12:30 fog down, marines cross river
    12:35 marines near queen, we beg queen to deovi
    (no leaders or pheromones so far)
    12:38 queen announces that she will "die with honor" (and not deovi)
    12:40 queen dead
    13:06 round over
    (for some reason (sadism?) there was no announcement telling xenos to rush to their death)

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey lurkermain I reported that queen and she was still in deadchat at the end of the round. so probably got a warning or something. Thats nice cause I would be sad if they couldnt ruin more rounds for us in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    hey lurkermain I reported that queen and she was still in deadchat at the end of the round. so probably got a warning or something. Thats nice cause I would be sad if they couldnt ruin more rounds for us in the future.
    The guy explained he thought he had queen turned off. I looked through the changelog to show that queen starts with off but the entry was too old to be shown.
    Maybe he had it on from old times and saved that profile so it stayed that way?..
    Personally I dont really get mad at individuals, he didn't seem malicious.
    The real problem is the lack of a code solution for this.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no the instant he said "Im gonna die with honor" and refused to deovi is LRP as fuck and he shoulda got in trouble. I know we cant do shit about him being bald though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Devs please, even 6h xeno playtime would be a great start for roundstart Queens. Nobody expects anything from non-roundstarts, so it doesn't prevent people who want to be Queen, just absolute newbies who are completely clueless.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today, I woke up and started playing.

We had three rounds in a row with brand new queens. Queens SO new they didnt know how to do hivechat.

Aliens got smashed all three rounds.

Can we do something about this PLEASE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think it's necessary to track exact playtime. A simple connection count that most servers have is better than nothing.
    Account age can also be a useful indicator sometimes.

I think the community could also put together (and maintain) like 100 questions easily if the devs wanted to set up an automated whitelist process so they dont have post a high quality story like for other applications like "Hey, it's me, Elder Empress! To understand how I got here we have to go back a little bit, to when I was Young Drone (211).. <insert 3 more pages of perfect organism storytelling>"

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the devs wont do anything then the Mods should just start stepping in. A player who went XO who couldnt work a radio wouldnt be tolerated, a queen who cant even do hivechat, and with a majority vote of the hive should be swapped out.

They dont need to be punished or anything, it just needs to be acted on.

Because the hive is and can help new queens. But we cannot help a new queen, who cannot even use comms, who says "I LUV YOU" in local all game.