Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Devin Sanchez - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Julodom1722

Player Name You Use Most?
    Devin "Suicide" Sanchez

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    N/A

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    EORG[ Standard 3 hours]
    In a Brief moment of stupidity, I forgot Suicide was considered EORG, And it won't happen again

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    I believe the use of BE should only be used where necessary, and should not be detrimental to the ships/ OP's efficency[executing the CE, RO, etc] Playing XO, I have had almost no instances where I've had to order BE. That being said, I would only use it where it would deem either necessary or as a valid punishment for serious crimes

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, an insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    My Captain will more than likely be more on the relaxed side, handling situations with a sort of, Contempt?. As any insubordinate crew, Providing nothing else needed to be attended to, I Would go, Have a chat with Whoever is causing Problems, Before resorting to the MP's.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    I think The commander's Job is the Run the USS Almayer, Make sure the OP goes smoothly, And deal with any ship-side Issues that may pop up

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    Nothing, As of now, It looks to be pretty stable

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I've been playing for about two years now, and played pretty much every role possible, Played XO or SO multiple times, and know my way around CIC. That being said, I believe by being whitelisted, I could provide a competent commander to the ship, while being an active member of the community.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    In the Year 2178, The young USCM Captain Devin" Suicide" Sanchez surveys the Tactical map below him. Before Him, the map shows three UPP "interceptors", the nickname common among most military personnel for the small UPP corvette class ships. His mind wandering, He Flashes back to the day his orders were given to him...

*He is sitting in a dark, windowless room, Smoking as he waits for the Admiral to meet him. Suddenly, the door flies open, and the tall admiral steps into the room. Seeing him, the admiral nods, then pulls out a chair and sits in front of him*

"Captain Sanchez, good to see you," The Admiral says" I trust you are doing well?"

"For the most part, yes," Sanchez says", If I may ask, Sir, what's the purpose of this Meeting, and why was it so urgent?"

"Strait to the point, are we?" The Admiral says with a small laugh "good."

The Admiral straightens his back, then says" We've detected a small group of UPP ships near the Eridani 3 sector-"

"And you want me to clear them out," Sanchez says.

"Precisely," The Admiral says" Quickly too, for time is of the essence"

Sanchez gives a small nod, the stands up and says"Consider it done sir"

"Good," The Admiral says" Oh, and Sanchez?

"Yeah," Sanchez says, looking back at the Admiral

"Do this, And we may just have a Job opportunity when you get back"

*back to Present day*

"Sir" One of his lieutenant's askes" your orders?"

"Target all three ships with the AP missiles," Sanchez says

"yes, sir!" the lieutenant Says, then runs over to the targeting Console.

Moments later, Captain Sanchez's small ship shakes as 6 AP"heartstriker" Missiles launch from the multiple silos in the rear of the ship.

A few moments later, Captain Sanchez looks Down, and smiles as two words, in bold green text, scroll across his screen

TARGETS DESTROYED

*Skip forward about two weeks*

Sanchez jogs forward, Eager to spend his Shore leave somewhere Besides the large military station orbiting luna.

"Captain Sanchez!" A man calls out.

Looking around, Sanchez sees the tall admiral standing in a side passage leading Deeper into the station.

Sanchez walks forward, Wondering what the Admiral wanted with him now.

"Ahh, Captain Sanchez, May I congratulate you on a job well done," The Admiral says, Smiling.

"thank you, sir," Sanchez says walking up

"Ahh, Sanchez, Remember that job I was talking about Before I sent you On your last mission?" The Admiral asks.

"no sir, I don't," Sanchez says, frowning, trying to remember what the Admiral was talking about.

"well, that's fine, because I'm here to offer it to you today," The admiral says" You may or may not know, but one of our ships just underwent a major retrofit and needs a new Captain"

The Admiral stands up straighter, A broad smile on his face, And says" What would you say if I asked you to captain the USS Almayer?
    Last edited by Devin Sanchez; 06-15-2019 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Fixing Grammar, updating responses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shalom.

I read through your app and it doesn't seem like your story is spellchecked at all, the story isn't the most important part of the app and I'm not a grammar nazi or anything, some mis-spellings are to be expected and I'm sure I do it constantly but almost every single line has a major grammatical error in it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand your battlefield execution..is this a shitposting or a meme? I've a question for you about BATTLEFIELD EXECUTION.

A scenario:

You're a Commander and none MPs are active. The marines are fighting at landing zone 1 solaris ridge and the pilot won't launch the alamo and dozens of marines got killed. What are you going to do to the pilot officer who didn't follow your orders?

Do you know battlefield execution isn't for the marines that are killing multiple marines only? There is a different situation every round. So if that marine is a bald and he killed a multiple marines for friendly fire so it means you're going to BE him for being a baldie?

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?

"I believe, that by being whitelisted, I could Provide a good commander to the Marines on board the USS Almayer"

You can provide a good commander maybe but your behavior should also be fine at discord, forum and in game or the people/players.

I wanna be honest here, bud. This is a poor application but I won't give you a vote yet and please answer my question.
    Last edited by ChengChan; 06-15-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To clarify a few things and concerns

On the matter of BE, It's situational, and i'm sorry for giving a poor description for it
    Really, i would try to see to it that BE is a last resort,
    But i guess the point you brought up,or scenario rather, would warrant it, provided there was no other solution available

I understand the answers may not have been satisfactory, and i will be changing both of the areas that you had concerns with momentarily, while going through and fixing my poor grammar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your application is very low effort and also indicates a distinct lack of CIC experience. You said you never had to BE someone as XO, but XOs do not have that power. Your answers, like what the job of the Commander is, is low effort as well.

-1. Get more experience and reputation as CIC and remake the application in a month and you will have a good chance of being accepted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, Thanks for the input. Ill play more XO and CIC roles when I get the chance, and be sure to a bit more thought into my answers next time before putting another application in.
    Last edited by Devin Sanchez; 06-16-2019 at 11:42 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, unfortunately, I'd have to brand this app as pretty low-effort. Some of the answers are outright incorrect (namely the XO/BE thing), and the story is lackluster. Add onto that the fact that I've never seen you, and nobody has been able to speak about you in Command, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to say no to this one for now.

I think your heart's in the right place, but it's clear that you're a very new player and you still don't really understand how Command works. Just give it some time, play a lot of XO/SO, and come back in a little while.

For now, it's a -1 from me.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with what's been stated above. Don't lose hope, and continue to spend time in the CIC. Get better acquainted with Commanding, and come back in a month or so with a more thought-out app, and I have no doubt you'll make it.

For now though, I'm gonna be leaving a -1.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spend a good month learning the insides-and-outs of Command and then make a new app, you may have a good chance then. Try to get peer review for stuff like stories to check for simple errors. This app is denied.