Henry 'Grandpa' Gadow
    Their BYOND Key
    starmute
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    1:30 am CST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server and Enforcement of the rules
    Description of the incident
    During a round on LV when marines were getting close to DEFCON 1, the queen started gibbing every single dead body to prevent marines from decreasing the DEFCON further. This only started once marines reached DEFCON 2.

When asked as to why the queen was allowed to get away with this, the moderator in question simply stated "I told the xenos and marines to attack each other." and "The round is about to end anyways"

Regardless of the round about to end anyways, even xenos have limits on how much they can meta. DEFCON knowledge is nothing they would know about and the fact the queen was only doing it after DEFCON 2 is a telling sign of trying to prevent it.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    If they have shown such biased behavior in the past then perhaps they are not suited for a position in staff where they need to be unbiased. Favoring one side and letting specific players getting free leway with the rules is something that should never happen. If it is their first case of such, then they need a talking to by their higher up staff regarding unbiased following of the rules.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE

This report was placed while the round was ongoing, avoid that.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a queen wants to gib someone, they can gib someone. It costs plasma and takes time. That's always been the standard ruling on that. Additionally I told you that I was encouraging the marines and the aliens to attack each other since many people were upset the round was lasting so long. One through contacting the XO and one through a QM report.

I don't see how this is biased.
    Last edited by starmute; 06-15-2019 at 07:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue with this is the fact that they only started gibbed AFTER DEFCON 2. They were not gibbing earlier in the round. If they were gibbing every single body before that? Yeah, whatever.

Gibbing every single dead body out of nowhere is a whole other thing. There was no preamble to doing that besides simply preventing DEFCON status. Honestly the gibbing body mechanic might as well just be removed due to the introduction of DEFCON levels since its easily gameable in this manner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs :

Spoiler Spoiler:

It should be noted that Aliens have no way to know what the defcon level is during a round. Afaik, they only get a warning once a nuke gets activated.

Washed up CM-SS13 Host NGGJamie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've checked who the Queen was during the round, and found it was a normal player with average play-time, and that they have never interacted with Starmute in-game, nor on the public Discord before.

Queens have been gibbing marine bodies en-masse out of either boredom, or the wish to not have them be revived since long before DEFCON. Gibbing takes a long time making it easy to interrupt, and takes a lot of plasma. Her actions didn't even impede the marines' progress significantly, as they achieved DEFCON 1 prior to the above conversation even concluding. There does not appear to be any meta, or other rule-break regarding how the Queen utilized this ability in the round.

Therefore, I agree with Starmute's decision on this matter, and I can find no substantial evidence that he even knows the player who played the Queen or that there is a bias present.

Closed.
    Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted] - Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Mentor: 06/28/2017 - 08/07/2017 / Trial Moderator 08/07/2017 - 08/25/17 / Moderator 08/25/17 - 10/11/17 / Trial Admin 10/11/17 - 10/30/17 / Senior Mentor 10/30/17 - 03/15/18 / Mod Manager 03/15/18 - 07/08/18 / Coder 07/08/18 - 07/27/18 / Host 07/27/18 - 10/19/22

I run Linux on all of my machines and actively reject Windows. I have some cool dotfiles up on Github for configuring some of my favorite stuff.

Contact Info:
    Spoiler Spoiler: