Your Character Name?
    Zuup 'Science' Pools
    Their BYOND Key
    starmute
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    12:00pm west
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    - If a player breaks a rule, but increases the enjoyment of the server in general, (through roleplay or other such things) it can be overlooked. If no one admin helps (ahelp) a complaint, or seems to be complaining or taking issue with it, it may be best to let it go.
    - We're a server focused on the enjoyment of the players. As long as the players are having a blast and not every single rule is being broken, it's okay to let some things slide here and there.
    - Do not try to heavily influence the game unless it is for very good reasoning such as for an event, a player purposefully holding up the game, dishing out punishment for rule breaking (Examples: a commander killed a marine unjustly, a squad of marines are killing other marines for no reason, a queen is slashing every host known to man, aliens have stacked too many huggers) or other such things.
    Description of the incident
    The round was nearing 4 hours and we were almost at defcon 1, like .5% away. Was in hydro wearing a partial uniform standing around as the queen was nearing, I was the only person there as we had just got the nuke so everyone went back to lz2. I was on the m56d shooting towards the queen. Starmute messaged me to say my partial uniform was LRP and warranted a ban. I told them that I thought this was an IC issue as things like this always were. No uniform in req line, MP is called, or you get insub from the SO. Starmute disagreed and said that my partial uniform was not an IC issue but was LRP.
    Evidence
    Moderator PM from Starmute:
    Uniform Regulations

USCM and USCM-affiliated personnel are required to be wearing appropriate clothing during operations. Deploying marines and MPs should be wearing their uniform, boots, and armor at a minimum. Other crew must wear their uniform and assigned footwear. Headwear, if any is worn, must be your properly assigned headgear or one of the standard issue USCM headgear.

Moderator PM from Starmute:
    I'm stating this is LRP. If you have a issue with it take it up with a manager on discord or on the forums.

You have been banned by starmute.
    Reason: Ran around nude as a marine. LRP .
    How you would punish the accused
    I'm not sure, this incident is weird. I'd talk to them and ask them their reasoning. It was a long round and everyone was pretty salty. I mean I don't think I was affecting anyone doing this, because the round was basically over, as the nuke timer was ticking down. I do kinda feel like I was punished for shooting at the queen by myself while on the m56d, instead of letting her plow through to lz2 where the nuke and marines were.

Aside from that though.

Clarification for the playerbase and staff. I also posted this in the Rule Clarification 2019 thread because wearing an incomplete uniform without helmets, or gloves, shoes, incorrect armor, spec armor, specs trading armor, smocks, packs, theft of SG gear, and more, and I mean most of the playerbase does these things.

Is wearing part of a uniform considered LRP?

Is wearing part of a uniform no longer considered IC for MP escalation, as well as Insub from the SO?

Can marines collect uniform, armor, and equipment from the planet, or is that also LRP now?

I think we should clarify these rules for the old and new players alike, and also the staff for the year 2019, since over time rules and interpretations of rules change.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because you used to do things "back in the day" doesn't make it okay now.

Having a player that has a I'm "a D&D player" flavor text and is nude isn't up to our current RP standards and when I asked you to change this you refused, so I gave you a light ban. It wasn't partial uniform but no uniform if I recall (I saw your skin). That is why I said nude in the ban. Having a marine in their bathing suit running around shooting a machine gun doesn't make much sense RP wise.

I never said anything about changing up kit. If you find kit on a dead marine and change into it that's pefectly fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posting as a witness here. I saw you standing still on hydro you got hit by two boiler railguns and trying to hold them off so that they dont get to the nuke. I was wondering why arent you fixing yourself. He was holding against 1 Ancient boiler, 1 Mature Boiler. 1 Defender and 1 Ancient Empress. And a mod/admin pming someone in that situation leaves a bad taste.

Also in the uniform things. AS I REMEMBER some mod told me that its fine to wear other clothes as PFC And you're expected to wear uniform/armor as SL and that PFCs have more of a leeway in things like these. I was noted with the similar offense for not wearing uniform and helmet as SL. But not PFC.

Its just odd that someone with a mod status would ban someone with this as this situation could be compared into like MTs having guns in the ship is IC but not wearing uniform as PFC is OOC issue? Thats kinda eh.. i wear black skirts all the time and i dont get warned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Notes in June :

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone has an IC character.

Trustscience44 and Zuup 'Science' Pools are separate. Just because of my experience from "back in the day", doesn't mean I need to extend this to my IC character of Zuup 'Science' Pools. My IC character is known for misbehavior (no helmet, being brigged, insub'd, mutiny's).

Everyone on the server has an IC character, I am definitely not alone in this. We all are different on discord than how we will be IC in game, LOOC of course not counting. I know we disagree on this Starmute, this IC or if this is OOC, and I stated my opinion for why it is IC, you should not be banning players for wearing weird clothing, especially considering the context because we are all human. That being said, I feel we agree on a lot more things than disagree, as we both want the best for the community, and we want players to follow the rules, sometimes (you have been around long as me), rule interpretations change, I hope we can get some clarification.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just read the logs here.

Apparently you pm'd me and you were going up and I did not see that message. I'm of the opinion that when you are cooperative with the moderator typically you shouldn't be punished as harshly. When viewed from my perspective you were still nude (did you have on swim trunks?) and I had not viewed said PM. That round was rather busy for me and when I checked your notes I noticed you had a prior LRP incident this month and assumed it was a trend.

You were being cooperative at the end and I regret that I didn't notice your message. I should have cut you some slack there. Regardless of the decision that the Manager makes I'm going to downgrade this to a note due to that.

Typically I think that the bare minimum clothing is your uniform when you deploy. If someone does a one off gag where they say "look at me I'm x" by dressing up then proptly getting their clothes back on when the gag is done. When in a live fire area generally you would expect the common marine to be wearing at bare minimum their USCM uniform and not a nun costume or french maid costume.

That being said its still a issue for a manager if that incident was LRP or not.
    Last edited by starmute; 06-15-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right so this IS an IC issue, not an OOC one. While I wont say you will NEVER get in OOC trouble for wearing odd clothing as a PFC, I'm hard pressed to think of a situation where you would.

Starmute has been spoken to and the note will be removed from your account.