User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PTSD from xeno surprise attacks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PTSD from xeno surprise attacks?

do you, or have you ever jumped/swore/etc irl from a xeno surprising you out of the dark?

mainly lurkers, but could be any xeno

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every time my friend, every time... Specially on hydro road when I go merrily and nonchalantly thinking on how good it is to be alive and well to help a push when suddenl- your ded

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once stepped out of Alamo (I had a copilot) to check the status of the cade line. The moment I stepped out, I got screeched and killed by the Queen herself. I was revived and taken back up, but that's never something you want to see as a PO.

Other than that was the time I got murdered on the dropship... By the Queen... While the entire cade line was still intact and there were Marines patrolling it peacefully outside the dropship's cockpit window.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swear all the time whether im marine or xeno when i get killed im a salty person. So I dont think thats what you mean. Jump scares dont really get me im weird.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No acute scare moments stand out to me

BUT

Nothing will match the hopelessness and despair I felt as the old B18 spec when I looked down the hallway of Lambda and saw three Ravagers jojo-walking towards me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I yell at my monitor every time byond crashes right before a fight. Also, surprise ff grenades scare me far more than xenos do
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ravs startle me more than anything, and given me a unique appreciation for what happens to marines when you play rav.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never leave home without a motion tracker because I'm a big brain and know that using the tools god has given me I can prevent stupid xeno ambushes using the power of bullets.

But then these fucks get crafty and will just AFK like fucking spiders and just wait for your ass to walk to them like on hydro road or anywhere other then the usual barricaded spots in the nexus. Bastards will freakin getcha.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterClould View Post
    I never leave home without a motion tracker because I'm a big brain and know that using the tools god has given me I can prevent stupid xeno ambushes using the power of bullets.

But then these fucks get crafty and will just AFK like fucking spiders and just wait for your ass to walk to them like on hydro road or anywhere other then the usual barricaded spots in the nexus. Bastards will freakin getcha.
    Quote Originally Posted by nekcy View Post
    Every time my friend, every time... Specially on hydro road when I go merrily and nonchalantly thinking on how good it is to be alive and well to help a push when suddenl- your ded
    yep, hydro road is really nice this time of the year, dont mind the broken fence