Date of Incident
    June 12, 2019

Your Character Name?
    Akeno Raoni

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    N/A

Accused Character Name
    N/A

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    N/A

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 14, Rule 16

Description of the incident:
    I was playing CL and tought I shouldn't follow the CO orders, he ordered me to undress my bulletproof vest that I was using because we had armed colonists aboard, I refused it, then he ordered MPs to arrest me, the MPs couldn't taser me so I locked them with the CO inside Research, resisting arrest. I locked me inside my office, the CO came with Thermite, killed me with his Mateba and burned me and my office with Thermite, he also possibly could've threw a grenade on me(Vision blanked and tiles got destroyed) destroying important stuff like the fax machine and ruining the round of a CL that could enter later(a CL entered right after it ocurred), I tried to resolve this IC but a admin(Grim if I am not wrong) said it was correct, that he can kill me for that, and he can, but just following IC rules, so I am making this report because he can clearly not do it throught OOC means(Rule 14:"Do not attack another player without a legitimate, explainable roleplay reason that could be applied in a similar, real-life scenario". Rule 16:"Excessive or poorly-reasoned battlefield executions (such as BEing MPs over a valid arrest) may end with the Commander being removed from the whitelist."). I commited a single Minor Crime that was Insubordination and Resisting Arrest as Optional, something that will never result or be similar to a Lethal Force/Elimination method on real life.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    I don't have any, I'd rather to see Grim answering this since he was present and aware of the incident.

How you would punish the accused:
    as Rule 16 says:"Excessive or poorly-reasoned battlefield executions may end with the Commander being removed from the whitelist.", I want him out of the Whitelist to rethink life.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard about this yesterday from the CO player so I'll provide their IC name, CKey and the approximate time.

James Cerwick

Scsnv

Approximately Friday 10pm GMT+0

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I handled this in game. I do not understand why there is a Player Report for it. I explained to you multiple times that Marine Law says the following: The UCMJ applies to all personnel in the vicinity of a USCM Operation or on board a ship, this includes the Commanding Officer and Chief MP. The only exceptions are specially dispatched officials from High command or the Provost Marshal Office and Diplomatically Immune Company Executives (not the onboard Liaison or PMC teams).

Second, Marine Law has this to say about Battlefield Executions: Threat to your command. Credibly attempting to or threatening to undermine your command or attempting to remove your command through illegal means. (The CL or other crew reporting you to high command does NOT permit you to BE them. A minor insult or disagreement is not undermining your command, countermanding or refusing to follow orders is.)

You were refusing to follow orders.

I explained all of this over nearly 30 minutes yesterday and resolved it.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, I don't really know what to tell you. You locked me in a Research hallway, and then started ranting and raving about how I was going crazy/you don't have to listen to me/etc; you might as well have written "BE me" on your forehead.

Even ignoring the prior context of you constantly claiming you didn't have to follow my orders/insulting my command while I was deployed, this BE was still more-than-earned.

Also, no CL entered after you died, that would be impossible. A RO stole your clothes and started calling themselves the new CL.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaperx15 View Post
    I handled this in game. I do not understand why there is a Player Report for it. I explained to you multiple times that Marine Law says the following: The UCMJ applies to all personnel in the vicinity of a USCM Operation or on board a ship, this includes the Commanding Officer and Chief MP. The only exceptions are specially dispatched officials from High command or the Provost Marshal Office and Diplomatically Immune Company Executives (not the onboard Liaison or PMC teams).

Second, Marine Law has this to say about Battlefield Executions: Threat to your command. Credibly attempting to or threatening to undermine your command or attempting to remove your command through illegal means. (The CL or other crew reporting you to high command does NOT permit you to BE them. A minor insult or disagreement is not undermining your command, countermanding or refusing to follow orders is.)

You were refusing to follow orders.

I explained all of this over nearly 30 minutes yesterday and resolved it.
    Server rules needs to be followed first than Marine Law, Rule 16 says the CO can't do a BE for a poor reason, like a insub, that is a minor crime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scsnv View Post
    I mean, I don't really know what to tell you. You locked me in a Research hallway, and then started ranting and raving about how I was going crazy/you don't have to listen to me/etc; you might as well have written "BE me" on your forehead.

Even ignoring the prior context of you constantly claiming you didn't have to follow my orders/insulting my command while I was deployed, this BE was still more-than-earned.

Also, no CL entered after you died, that would be impossible. A RO stole your clothes and started calling themselves the new CL.
    You were a completely crazy CO, giving ship access to colonists that you didn't know, I tought I shouldn't follow your orders, yes, but it isn't a significant reason to do a BE on me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesora View Post
    You were a completely crazy CO, giving ship access to colonists that you didn't know, I tought I shouldn't follow your orders, yes, but it isn't a significant reason to do a BE on me.
    BEs are completely justified against anyone that disrupts the CO's ability to command. You locked him somewhere that he required someone else to get him out and had been directly discrediting his authority, by the very definition, a BE was lawful.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, Just to make everything clear, the only people that should be speaking in this thread, is me, the CO Council, Emerald, Whoever is pulling logs and the Reporter/Reported Player.

Thank you everyone else but the comments are no longer needed or necessary. Rule 2 is now in effect.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay the CO council has come to the conclusion in this report.

Tesora, you want him out of the whitelist, that is not going to happen. You locked the CO and his MPs in research and that itself is grounds for a BE barring everything else, if you make yourself a threat to the mission and a threat to the command of the ship, you put your life on the line, this report is honestly baseless in all forms and without any shred of evidence of any type of wrongdoing. Emerald will be the one to decide if this is a meme report.

But for now the CO Council believes

NO action should be taken against the CO.
    Last edited by Taketheshot56; 06-16-2019 at 05:08 AM.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taketheshot56 View Post
    Okay the CO council has come to the conclusion in this report.

Tesora, you want him out of the whitelist, that is not going to happen. You locked the CO and his MPs in research and that itself is grounds for a BE barring everything else, if you make yourself a threat to the mission and a threat to the command of the ship, you put your life on the line, this report is honestly baseless in all forms and without any shred of evidence of any type of wrongdoing. Emerald will be the one to decide if this is a meme report.

But for now the CO Council believes

NO action should be taken against the CO.
    if this were a meme report I would already said it. Locking someone isn't a crime from Marine Law, the CO asked for it when he ordered MPs to arrest me, he seems to be a threat for me and I am not going to let them arrest me because I was using a bulletproof vest when we had possible danger aboard, they couldn't taze me so I ran from them, the CO was avoiding my participation with the colonists that we didn't know and I couldn't walk around with possible criminals without a way to defend myself, I also couldn't find where is saying on Marine Law or SOP that civilians can't use armor on Green Alert. It was a poorly-reasoned BE, since all I did was Insub and Res. Arrest, he could brig me for some 20 minutes, perma brig me, or a maximum of Death Sentence approved by the High Command, but his choice was to burn my wall, kill me ice cold and then burn me and explode my office, this isn't a thing a Moderator or anyone else should do knowing Rule 14 and 16, repeating them again R14:''Do not attack another player without a legitimate, explainable roleplay reason that could be applied in a similar, real-life scenario'', R16:''Excessive or poorly-reasoned battlefield executions may end with the Commander being removed from the whitelist.''