0 Thread(s)

[WITHDRAWN] Enyonggg - Predator Application

Byond ID:
    Enyonggg

Marine Name
    Cha Jin-Wook

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Cain'dchoh

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    None

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes, I�m familiar with the Predator Code of Honor, and have reviewed it several times to ensure that I understand the guidelines.

Yautja Character Story

Cain'dchoh stalked from the top of the jungle, as the group of hooded insurgents treaded through the green leaves and vegetation. Their navy green outfits with leather hauberks and matching hoods marked them as combatants. He had been watching from above for days now, as the caravan moved through the region. They would move from colony to colony, brutalizing the inhabitants. After they were finished, they would line up the survivors execution style. As they got to the end of the line, they would record themselves decapitating the sole survivor. This had peaked Cain'dchoh�s interest in the group, as the merciless actions reminded him of his clan.

The group took a sudden stop, the same time they did the night before. Cain'dchoh got a little closer to the group as they began to set up a perimeter. From the conversations Cain'dchoh picked up, it seemed they were stranded within hostile territory, and were looking for a ship off of the planet. Cain'dchoh remained cloaked as he listened in to the Softmeat conversations. "Bahardu, get over here. Would you take a look at this shit?", the talking insurgent was holding what looked to be a radio. "The fucker is broken. I don't think we can even fix this shit." Cain'dchoh recorded the words to relay at a later time. Now was the time to pick.

The hunter watched each of the seven members, trying to pick which one he would take first. He had finally had enough time to judge each and every one for their abilities. He picked the weakest link of the group, a short, young, and silent male that hadn't seemed to enjoy the art of killing like his clan did. This made him the obvious choice to Cain'dchoh, as he felt it was dishonorable. He waited patiently for the insurgent to give him a chance to act. After an hour and twelve minutes of waiting silently, the insurgent stood up, and walked away from the camp. Cain'dchoh followed through the trees.

The softmeat noticed his presence as Cain'dchoh decloaked, and he began to scream. Cain'dchoh was recording again as he let the softmeat beg for his life. After a few seconds, Cain'dchoh tore the insurgent with his ceremonial dagger through the chest, and posed his body on the ground. He placed his hunting traps around the area, and amplified the scream with his wrist gauntlet to lure the others. He cloaked, and hid within the trees as the rest of the group came running to the sounds. The medic of their group was the first one to step into a hunting trap as he ran to save his friend. One of the others didn't realize until he was also trapped. The rest stopped in their tracks and tried to help their friends.

Cain'dchoh clicked tauntingly at the group from the trees. They pulled their weapons and started firing into the leaves. Cain'dchoh anticipated the reaction, and jumped down from above. He extended his blades from the wrist gauntlets, and moved around the group. Cain'dchoh uncloaked as he grabbed one of the members and threw him into the tree. While the insurgent fell to the ground unconsious, the other three turned their attention to Cain'dchoh. Cain'dchoh stuck his wrist blades through the heart of the closest one to him, and threw him aside. The other two members opened fire, and a few of the bullets hit Cain'dchoh. Despite the minor pain they inflicted, he was pleased the softmeats were giving a good fight.

As he closed in on the two still firing, one of them dropped their gun and ran away. Cain'dchoh sliced the arm off of the other one, and threw him to the ground. The medic still bound by the hunting traps screamed for mercy, not for their clan, but for themselves. This disgusted Cain'dchoh, as it was a great dishonor. He took the arm of the prey he overpowered, and put it in his bag. He walked to the insurgent medic, and began to taunt him, clicking at him as he cried for help. Cain'dchoh laughed at the dishonorable Prey, before taking off the trap. There was no point in taking the life of such a cowardly fool. He translated the words "RUN, COWARD" through his biomask. The medic did as told, and helped the delimbed insurgent to his feet. They ran away in the same direction as the Prey who ran away earlier. Cain'dchoh looked to his left to see that the softmeat he threw against the tree earlier was still incapacitated. He then looked to the last insurgent in his trap. It was the Prey that they called " Bahardu ". It was his prey.

Bahardu sat in silence, knowing what was to come. All of his friends were either dead, incapacitated, or running away like cowards. Cain'dchoh walked up to Bahardu, ripping off the trap. Bahardu stood up, ready to meet his end. Cain'dchoh was pleased, and clicked about the stern lack of cowardness his friends shared. It reminded him of himself, which made Bahardu the most honorable prey of the group. Cain'dchoh took off his armor and Bio mask, throwing them aside. The darkness was only lit up by the lights illuminating off of the dead bodies around them. Cain'dchoh threw his dagger to the last insurgent, and pointed to it. Bahardu picked it up, and stared back to Cain'dchoh. Cain'dchoh played the voice from earlier to taunt him. A distorted voice saying " Bahardu, get over here" came from the gauntlets.

The last remaining CLF insurgent lunged at Cain'dchoh with the dagger. Cain'dchoh stepped aside, as the softmeat eagerly tried to slash at him. It was amusing to Cain'dchoh, and he mockingly played back a laugh from one of the dead mercenaries days before. This angered Bahardu, who threw another lunge at Cain'dchoh. Surprisingly, he landed a blow onto his chest. Cain'dchoh roared at the injury, and hit the softmeat in the face. The single blow knocked him over, and he crawled away. As Cain'dchoh walked up to grab him, the mercenary turned over and grabbed Cain'dchoh by the hair, cutting off one of his mandibles. Cain'dchoh roared as he dug his hands deep into Bahardu, grabbing his spinal cord. After getting a firm grip, Cain'dchoh ripped it out along with his skull. Bahardu was no more.

Cain'dchoh brought the trophy back to his lodge, and put it on a rack alongside the arm of the other worthy prey. He was proud of his work, and despite having only three mandibles left, he extended them to a grin. He got to cleaning and patching up his wounds. As Cain'dchoh cauterized where the missing mandible should have been, he thought back to the events. He swore to himself to not get as cocky as he did that hunt. Cain'dchoh then patched up his deep gash with leaves from a plant native to his homeworld. Finally, he injected the crystal deep into himself to amplify his recovery. His hunt was successful, and he claimed valuable trophies.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Cain'dchoh is unlike other yautja in that he takes neither pride nor trophies from his kills. In the course of the Hunt, he pursues worthy prey only as a means to better himself. As he is not bloodthirsty, he tends to show honorable opponents mercy. Perhaps as a result of his motives, he prefers quick, direct engagements and simple ambushes. Patient nonetheless, he is not brash, merely not the type to stalk or whittle down his opponents. He is certainly capable of waiting.

Cain'dchoh sees the Code of Honor as fundamental to all sentient creatures, and any violations thereof, whether by yautja or not, are to be swiftly punished. If it is indeed a yautja who violated the Code, the yautja is an ic'jit, or bad blood, who should have known better, and Cain'dchoh has no issues treating the bad blood as unworthy prey. If it is another species which violated the Code, Cain'dchoh will give them the benefit of doubt�they are, after all, less enlightened�and fight them as worthy prey, unless they should prove unworthy to the end.

For example, if a marine shoots a trapped larva, Cain'dchoh will make the marine a priority target. Vice versa, if a ravager chases a medic who is unable to fight, Cain'dchoh will make the ravager a priority target.

Cain'dchoh enjoys practicing engineering and medicine, and attends to both with a meditative spirit. He is friendly but terse, and enjoys discussing the Code and all its ramifications. His lifelong goal is to be strong enough one day to be named a clan adjudicator, so that he may enforce the Code and hunt down the bad bloods who have dishonored his clan.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    Mainly, this occurs towards other predators and humans from what I understand and, from what I understand, it has to the predator challenges the �foe� to an honor duel. A human or xeno chasing predator demanding an honor duel can end up marking them as unworthy. An honor duel is to the death and to be conducted as honorable as possible. Ranged weapons are forbidden as well.The duel must be fought as honorable as possible and is to the death, however, it's recommended that if you knock down or disarm your rival, you let them recover if they can before a final blow. Observers who interfere with the duel will be considered unworthy and be can be chased out or disabled with ranged weapons. Humans and Xenos can't challenge a Predator, constantly pursuing a Predator with melee weapons demanding to fight a duel will label you as Unworthy Prey.

ABOUT THE PREY:

Unworthy prey may be killed or disabled through any means available. These unworthy preys consist of:

prey that attempts to flee or receives assistance from others during the duel

those who commit Low RP actions (such as
    hugging a predator while RPing

force-feeding a predator, looting while RPing)

those who steal or capture a predator/predator�s loot

those who attack a predator�s lodge

Worthy prey is those who are not actively fighting but have lethal ability/shown lethal intent and are a combatant. For example, a marine with a weapon on his belt or in his hands and is combat able is a potential worthy prey. Likewise, someone who orders combat, like a scientist or SO, who is issuing orders for others to kill is also a combatant. If someone issues a challenge or insults a predator, it too can qualify someone as worthy prey.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    My Predator Cain'dchoh would be, like most all predators, inclined towards hunting for worthy prey. While quantity does have its own quality, I would want worthy prey that would give me the best story and meaning to bring back to my clan. To do this, I�d observe and watch the marines and xenos extensively in a search for worthy prey that shows promise, beyond that of its companions. While many on the field of battlefield may qualify as worthy, Cain'dchoh would want not only one of the strongest physically but one with exploits to their name he had personally seen. For example, Cain'dchoh would find a marine/CLF who survived several assaults against the serpents and killed one as extremely interesting. For Cain'dchoh this would signify resilience, luck, and skill all embodied in this marine. An interesting combo to fight against. For a xenomorph example, Cain'dchoh would look at xenos that seem a class above others in skill at fighting with, preferably, a willingness to fight.

Cain'dchoh will also want to avoid hunting the hive or marines to extinction as well. By this I mean, it would be more fruitful to have a healthy and large hive of xenos instead of having a small hive that would collapse if Cain'dchoh interfered. Again, quality over quantity. I fully expect I may end up with no prey taken or only 1 per round with this mentality but it's important I make it about quality rather then quality to me.

Cain'dchoh understands that in combat he may be struck and attacked purposely or by happenstance as he observes the battlefield up close. He won�t seek to escalate unless of course, the prey is right and worthy for his hunt of the finest story.

When Cain'dchoh is on the field, something that may give him away to his potential prey is an approving laugh towards humans or xenos while an amplified �I see you� in Hooman speak is directed at his prospective human worthy prey.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    Well, over the time I�ve been on CM I believe I have been both engaged in the community, engaged in the game, and created no issues with Staff. I have brought to the table my commentary, suggestions, gameplay, and occasionally my help to the community. I further think I�ve reflected I can follow the rules and, when I have messed up, I�ve both conducted myself with full cooperation, dignity and understanding of the situation.

Role wise, I know what I�m doing and have experience in the High Roleplay roles of SO, XO, MP, CMP and being a CPT. As some may know, I can be both extremely serious in one role like XO/CO and much less so in another like PFC. I both love and know Colonial Marines� lore from the intricacies of the UPP and USCM to the Predators and xenos and have no issue there either.

In Predator, I�d treat it the same way as I do MP, SO or XO/CO with High standards of roleplay practiced and dedication to the role and game. If I�m not in the mood for the role, I won�t play it. Simple as that. Personally, I find that�s a key method to avoid having issues in roles. If you aren�t into the mindset of the role at that moment, you shouldn�t play it at that period of time.

As for the role itself, I believe I am ready to take up the mantle of Predator and incorporate both my own style and the lore of CM I love so much into the way I play to make the round fun and immersive for both others and myself.

Gameplay wise, I know that as a player I have the capability to �get the kill,� but that is not what appeals to me about Predator at all. Predator is� and always has been for me� a roleplay orientated role. In a way, killing is a means to an end to further and end roleplay lines. For example, the roleplay may start between a predator and a marine and then end with one of the two dying. That tiny bit of death is, in it�s own way, an bit of the roleplay but it is absolutely NOT the goal or reason there are predators. As mentioned, killing is not the sole purpose of the role though. It�s about the roleplay involved and, for my character Cain'dchoh , about the quality of the kill and story associated with the prey, the hunt, and the kill.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 06-29-2019 at 01:48 AM.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha dont worry dude we know it was a mistake, the post will be removed in due time and you aren't expected to wait if you wish to apply within the usual. Unless ma Em says otherwise that is
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edited.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this app now active?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobatnight View Post
    Is this app now active?
    Yeah sir

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see you've put effort into it, I haven't had too many interactions with you but I see you're a CO so just a few questions from me.

1) You're hunting a marine and before you can finish him off his friends arrive to try and save him. What sort of weapon restrictions do you have against his friends and how would you react?

2) You've become infected and the xenos are attempting to keep you held down, how do you react?

3)A fellow Predator has died and a marine has stolen his equipment and retreated to the Almayer, how do you proceed and what sort of weapon restrictions will you have on the Almayer?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So after reviewing the application, I'm gonna say he never actually said he was gonna withdraw it, and it's obvious he's gonna put effort into it.

I'll give my final decision pending more feedback, but I'll say this can go through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to ask a few questions before I'll give my opinion.

You find yourself roleplaying with a group of 8 marines. 8 marines that are armed to the teeth and one marine decides to walk up to you and hug you. What do you do ?
    "Don't make me put this beanbag in a place where it fits marine."

Medic/Doc : Nick 'Bitter' Sweetwater
    Predator : Aenth An'th

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All i can say is please be careful with editing next time, namely titles and paragraphing etc. Changing the Font and size etc has made it abit difficult to read. But i will say this, i quite like the story. Maybe didnt need to be broken into so many paragraphs and it could have looked abit neater as well but the content itself is good but the rest of the answers feel literally cut and pasted from the code in areas. I recognize you from IG here and there but not your marine itself, and that quite often dosent bode well but im sure its not for anything terrible. Ill remain neutral for now too until we get some feedback both in application and what kind of player you are IG better.
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    //showthrea...77-None-Rule-6

Till this report is resolved I will not be voting.