User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [WITHDRAWN] Enyonggg - Predator Application

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobatnight View Post
    I can see you've put effort into it, I haven't had too many interactions with you but I see you're a CO so just a few questions from me.

1) You're hunting a marine and before you can finish him off his friends arrive to try and save him. What sort of weapon restrictions do you have against his friends and how would you react?

2) You've become infected and the xenos are attempting to keep you held down, how do you react?

3)A fellow Predator has died and a marine has stolen his equipment and retreated to the Almayer, how do you proceed and what sort of weapon restrictions will you have on the Almayer?

1.) Humans are a varied species, many are weak and frail, but some are strong and determined. Probing tactics can prove very effective on Humans, culling the weak and moronic into hiding whereas provoking the strong or foolhardy into honorable engagement, probing tactics would involve acts such as observing from a distance, engaging in 'near hit' attacks, and otherwise aggravating the Humans in an attempt to find worthy prey. Cain believes in honor above everything else and honoring the dead who have proven worthy so with that being said he strives to bring honor to his clan in the means of worthy trophies. He carefully selects his targets based on their threat level and if it would bring honor.

Since some individual humans can be proven to be of strong stock, either by honorably engaging me in combat and proving to be of good fighting form, or those who have performed extraordinarily well in surviving and fighting the xenomorphs against all odds is considered a worthy prey, and once my worthy prey will be retrieved or they�re trying to steal away from me, that specific marines/friends who tried to save my worthy prey during the hunt is considered unworthy, meaning to say there will be no restrictions of weapon, cloak-killing and and ranged weapons are permitted.

No permitted? Because most marines when trying to save the life of the worthy prey during the hunt, (observation) they will probably engage and do everything they could to avenge their fellow marine. Kill us even, whatever it takes (based on my observation) and that�s the only way to save yourself, engage in a fight with them (unworthy) in the same time doing a MRP/HRP. And I�m aware that groups of humans are a major threat, but tactics can be employed to thin the herd, traps, near hits, false leads during the hunt and similar can serve to divide a group of humans.

2.) Xenomorphs are a highly dangerous foe who are linked to a homogeneous hivemind, if ever I scout their exterior lines and attempt to find either individual or groups of xenomorphs that would be worthy prey to hunt. If ever I come up with that situation i�ll do the last resort, to self-destruct because it is considered greatly dishonorable for my body to be captured and my gear/technology looted especially from the humans. The most honorable death is bracer self-destruct and must only be done whenever my death or capture is near. (Must do HRP before doing self-destruct) Other method, if I get infected, I should attempt to die in combat or have another hunter take my life. In case both are impossible, or if I wish, I can die by my own hand.

(Minor note, if I do Self Destruct I would likely set up a macro (RP) to warn players I am about to do so (Unknown begins manipulating their wrist mounted controller! It begins to beep meanincingly!), unless I am literally surrounded by ten xenomorphs I would like to warn people I am about to explode)

3.)

Another notable thing is the fact that the Predator likes solitude when he isn't currently stalking prey, he will very rarely converse with humans and his own kin unless it was something very important. Prey claiming, potential Abomination risk from a captured predator, dishonorable prey and the death of another Yautja will most likely pull a response out of him. Most of his communications will be either by custom emotes or very few words by mouth or translator. Risking to board the Shipside to retrieve a Yautja corpse or gear if it's really important but predators should only be ascending to the Shipside for gear-related missions because heading up to use it as an additional hunting ground is strictly forbidden. Yautja should not be heading up to the Shipside for a conference with command but to get the only purpose, to retrieve the gear. And as Yautja, we need to make sure when trying to retrieve something is strictly limited to planetside gear unless a team of at least two hunters wishes to go up to the Shipside to recover it. A single hunter is thus unable to go recover gear on the Shipside because this is due to the fact that gear on the shipside can simply be recovered either when the marines go into cryo or when the ship crashes into the planet. If single predator is only left during the gear recovery, they must abandon it.
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 06-29-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicksone View Post
    I'm going to ask a few questions before I'll give my opinion.

You find yourself roleplaying with a group of 8 marines. 8 marines that are armed to the teeth and one marine decides to walk up to you and hug you. What do you do ?
    My play-style as a predator will, as with most predators, revolve around the Hunt, does this mean I will go around robusting marines and xenos alike with impunity? No. Same with your question because any LRP actions, such as hugging the predator while they�re roleplaying, force-feeding predators, ninja-looting predators while roleplaying is considered Unworthy prey but that doesn�t mean the marine who decided to walk towards me just to hugged we�ll be killed right away using the unworthy prey method of killing. As a predator, assessing the situation is the most vital and important part because trying to attack the one who hugged me is a suicide especially I�m being surrounded with 8 marines. It�s a win-win from them. That�s an ambush and I should escape from dishonorable prey when I know I can't handle them all (8 marines will joined) with sword and my armor alone. And as what I�ve mentioned, Cain will choose his prey based on their strength or intelligence and follow them (worthy prey) finding out whom they associate with, what their strengths are, what their perceived weaknesses are, he will poke at their nerves and strike at those close to his prey, not killing them, but injuring them and leaving them to cry out for aid, leaving items for the prey to find that he takes from those who die trying to fight him and try to make them come after him, drawing them into a location of his choosing to hunt and deliver the final blow before extracting the trophy for his trophy wall.
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 06-29-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lumdor said it, being reported for a meta-rush literally in less than a month after being accepted is like pretty bad.

I'm leaving my negative vote leaning to neutral.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can clearly be seen that you put effort and thought into this application and yet to me this application feels so heavy to read. It feels as if every question you answered you just overcomplicated. Whilst you stated rules and honor code at nearly every question (which is not bad), it makes your application sluggish and really lengthy to read.

One of the question was to describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt and yet you just give us a description of an honor duel and an explanation of what prey is.

There's also a contradiction in your application. In your story Cain'dchoh takes a hunting trophy and an arm from the two marines he has defeated to his hunting lodge. Yet a line after that statement in your description of him you state that he is unique for the reason of not taking pride nor trophies from his kills. This also gets repeated in your answer to my question.

Answer to my question:

Spoiler Spoiler:

For me it's a -1 for the reason being that this application seems to be more on the technical side than on the personal side. It feels to me that there's more Rules and honor code written in your answers than anything else. Your story is good but the answers to the basic questions leave me wanting for more.

I do have to encourage you to keep trying as you clearly are passionate about becoming one of our own. Keep going and don't give up !
    "Don't make me put this beanbag in a place where it fits marine."

Medic/Doc : Nick 'Bitter' Sweetwater
    Predator : Aenth An'th

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the hassle.

Hope you can understand.
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 06-30-2019 at 10:01 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually council has been discussing it, and your report may not be held against you.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    Snippy
    1) Good answer, now if the marine's friends are present when you engage him they would NOT be considered unworthy.

2) Sounding good again, just know that SD isn't possible when you're infected. (The SD currently notifies people by an action circle appearing above their heads as well as the SD sound effect)

3) Spot on here, you'll also have no weapon restrictions when doing gear retrieval.

I'm not going to hold that report against you, I believe it's just a break down in translation with no meta intentions.

+1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Actually council has been discussing it, and your report may not be held against you.
    I guess this continue sir

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobatnight View Post
    1) Good answer, now if the marine's friends are present when you engage him they would NOT be considered unworthy.

2) Sounding good again, just know that SD isn't possible when you're infected. (The SD currently notifies people by an action circle appearing above their heads as well as the SD sound effect)

3) Spot on here, you'll also have no weapon restrictions when doing gear retrieval.

I'm not going to hold that report against you, I believe it's just a break down in translation with no meta intentions.

+1
    Thankss

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicksone View Post
    It can clearly be seen that you put effort and thought into this application and yet to me this application feels so heavy to read. It feels as if every question you answered you just overcomplicated. Whilst you stated rules and honor code at nearly every question (which is not bad), it makes your application sluggish and really lengthy to read.

One of the question was to describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt and yet you just give us a description of an honor duel and an explanation of what prey is.

There's also a contradiction in your application. In your story Cain'dchoh takes a hunting trophy and an arm from the two marines he has defeated to his hunting lodge. Yet a line after that statement in your description of him you state that he is unique for the reason of not taking pride nor trophies from his kills. This also gets repeated in your answer to my question.

Answer to my question:

Spoiler Spoiler:

For me it's a -1 for the reason being that this application seems to be more on the technical side than on the personal side. It feels to me that there's more Rules and honor code written in your answers than anything else. Your story is good but the answers to the basic questions leave me wanting for more.

I do have to encourage you to keep trying as you clearly are passionate about becoming one of our own. Keep going and don't give up !
    Thanks man!