Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MarpleJones - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    MarpleJones

Player Name You Use Most?
    Vincenzo 'Vinnie' Vantori (as of late)

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    Applications:
    • (I did have one for predator before, but it seems that it's gone now.)
    Bans:

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    Not that I'm aware of, the last ban that I received was little over 3 months ago.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    Battlefield Executions are wasteful. Not only do you squander the most expensive ressource, 'time', by chasing your little 'special' fugitive(s) down yourself, but are also putting effort into eliminating an individual (individuals) who can very well be used for canonfodder. And with that, it really depends. I like to see it as to 'which would be more of a waste?' Every single working head counts in the face of a grand threat. If that exact person is being extremely profligating, betraying other crewmembers (on the battlefield), or even worse building a huge bill for the company in terms of destroyed items and/or murdered people (an unbelievable crime), and your trusty Military Police can't deal with it? - a quick termination by your own vindictive hand seems well due.

If anything, unwarranted Battlefield Executions seem to cause more uproar than of the normal kind. And that may be the only difference. Because in both scenarios, you're killing off someone for severe insubordination. And that may be the lone gist of it. And whilst it is supported by Marine Law, it is hardly a solution on the grand scale of operations.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, an insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    For a quick summary: every asset is far too expensive to replace. Every marine, weapon, and 'thing' on the ship will be labeled with an esteemed prize. And what the goal of it all is? Minimize Weyland Yutani expenses. Nothing will hurt the commander more than to see useful assets being thrown in the trash. The disposals will be quickly refitted into a "public lost-and-found" bin, if possible. Requisitions will get slaps on their wrists for shipping crates filled with cooking ingredients; marines will be encouraged to eat stale bars. The Transport Pilot Officer will be expected to regulate his Dropship Launch in such a way to minimize fuel/energy expenses; the Staff Officers will be given a well-rounded diet with cheapest coffee availlable for maximal efficiency. Everything will be planned to keep the bill as low as possible. And at the end of it all? Victory is perhaps the greatest conservation of money. The earlier the mission ends, the sooner we can end playing accountants. Insubordinate crewmembers will be warned. If that does not work, solutions for either side discussed. If that does not work, detained. And if that does not work? Bribed. Certainly the worst, as spending money like this is always the last option.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    I believe every commander should play their role as a leader with the utmost hardship. They are what the marine look up to; command announcements are a glimmer of hope in the midst of battle - that the marines are truly fighting for something bigger, that every single one of them are being watched from above, with their actions are being approved, and their backs being patted (by being given medals and being told "Yes, you did very well!"), and that whatever may happen, as horrible as things get, there is always someone who believes in your hard valor, and will try their best to guide you and your brethren through the most decrepit situations. The Commanding Officer that I am aspiring to play may not look like someone people would essentially aspire looking up to; in all honesty, the commander wouldn't give damnation for the losses of strangers. However, there is an extremely thin line between a commercial use of marines, and a competent leadership of meek soldiers. In the end, their goals align with everyone's ideal CO's - to bring them a quick and painless victory so that they can return to safety and fight another day.

It's the personal objectives that differ. But in the end, what does it matter? We're still alive.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    As of right now? I believe the role is in a neat, niche position. I wouldn't know if there's anything personal to add since I had never had experience as a commander. However, based on the rounds I have spent resolving situations as Staff Officer/Executive Officer, I'd say that it's in a pretty good spot.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    An addition in terms of versatility in the broad array of already existing commanders. I hope to make rounds more interesting, eventful, and overall 'brighter' in terms of RP.
    And, with all honesty, that payment bill Weyland Yutani gets faxed with every operation must be a horrid sight.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Nelson M. Dollar, born 2105 inside a small colony congregation on Phobos, was a narcissistic, quick-witted and analytical man with a great amount of spirit. As fate had it, his parents, Michael and Michelle Dollar, were both aspiring accountants for a local small mining facility, owned by none-other than Wey-Yu. Originally planned to take over their role, Nelson had digressed the notion and joined the Colonial Marines at the age of 18 instead, believing that staying 'in such an odorless world' would be a 'waste of potential'. After finishing boot camp, his first taste of action was to come one year later, in 2126. A complete disaster; the army was tasked to eliminate the UPF rebellion in a neighboring star system. The incident was quickly struck off the records; a severe miscalculation of available resources had caused substantial fatalities. The entire ship was ordered to evacuate; 'The entirety of our reservoirs have been depleted of thruster fuel. Please head to the escape pods.' In the end, the lack of a successful first mission and six months in a cramped escape pod had scarred him to become what he evidently became today. He would rise in the ranks until eventually racking up an exponential amount of survived victories and experience, achieving his ultimate goal of becoming a commander. The things he had learned at a young age proved to be useful.

His first operation was a 'financial success'. A large, unknown smuggler organization has been selling stolen goods on numerous black markets. As their frontier base has been deciphered to have been one of the colonies thought to have been raided by them, Commander Nelson ordered a full assault on their location, and with avail, had led a great number of men back on the ship unharmed. The stolen goods were later legally claimed as 'spoils-of-war', warranted as 'payback for the great expenses caused', giving Wey-Yu a small, yet existing, bonus profit. The paperwork which led him to great success still hangs on the walls of his personal quarters, signed and stamped by several authorities. Captain Nelson was later awarded a medal for 'working in favor of the corporation: you are truly the scroungiest commander we've seen so far'. A small '1�' was labeled on the back of it; a bad joke indicating the medal had only cost a minuscule 'one cent'.
    Last edited by MarpleJones; 06-18-2019 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Tiny grammatical change at the 'Battlefield Execution' section.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello friend you application is fine. What's your time zone, buddy? I would like to check you. For now neutral

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Whitelisted Predator MarpleJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChengChan View Post
    Hello friend you application is fine. What's your time zone, buddy? I would like to check you. For now neutral
    I live in Germany, hence my timezone should be CEST. Often times, I am online during the evening. If you want to contact me, I can message you my Discord!
    Captain: Nelson M. Dollar
    Yautja: Gol'don Vabr'i

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm...The application is alright, your answer to how you view the BE, and really most of the application isn't the standard you see, for what it's worth. It's fine, but nothing spectacular. It's not a way I'd play CO, however I'm interested to see how you operate in action, as again, it's not something you see everyday. You have an idea for what you want to do as CO, and how you feel COs should act, though do remember that each CO has their own way of playing, and we're not all a hivemind :P

Now with the app out of the way, I can't really recall your character, however your Ckey sounds familiar. But that gets in to my biggest gripe here. I can't recall seeing you in the CIC any, and thus I'll be holding my +1 or -1 off until I do. play more CIC so I can evaluate how you operate, and I'll respond to this again then.

For now though, Neutral.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frans_Feiffer View Post
    [...]Now with the app out of the way, I can't really recall your character, however your Ckey sounds familiar. But that gets in to my biggest gripe here. I can't recall seeing you in the CIC any, and thus I'll be holding my +1 or -1 off until I do. play more CIC so I can evaluate how you operate, and I'll respond to this again then.

For now though, Neutral.
    Thanks for the feedback!

I have a couple of characters at my disposal, and I'm not really sticking to one all the time! In retrospect, I should've written that the character name I use the most is my SO's/XO's; Trevon Moore - or my personal, iconic SL's; Monty 'Beer Daddy' Blacks, since those are the ones I've had more than enough experience with in the past.

For now, I'll be frequently joining games in a leading position so that you can get a feeling for how I play, how I take roleplaying, etc.
    Last edited by MarpleJones; 06-19-2019 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not recognize any of your characters, especially in CIC. How long have you played CM?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imheretohelp View Post
    I do not recognize any of your characters, especially in CIC. How long have you played CM?
    I don't remember the exact date, but I'm fairly certain that I've been here since the tank was first introduced. I'd say around... 1 year-ish?
    Captain: Nelson M. Dollar
    Yautja: Gol'don Vabr'i

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarpleJones View Post
    I don't remember the exact date, but I'm fairly certain that I've been here since the tank was first introduced. I'd say around... 1 year-ish?
    11th May 2018
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    11th May 2018
    So it was over one year! Time flies by, quickly.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen the way you XO. your style isn't suited as CO even working as command such as SO, which isn't a reason to minus one an APP, thing is I find you get really frustrated when things don't go to plan and start taking it out on marines. As XO, you should carefully assessing the situation.

I think you need more time with XO.

My vote isn't counted but I can witness, so for now, -1 I'm sorry.
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 06-22-2019 at 08:01 AM.