Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MarpleJones - Commander Application

Whitelisted Predator MarpleJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    I've seen the way you XO. your style isn't suited as CO even working as command such as SO, which isn't a reason to minus one an APP, thing is I find you get really frustrated when things don't go to plan and start taking it out on marines. As XO, you should carefully assessing the situation.

I think you need more time with XO.

My vote isn't counted but I can witness, so for now, -1 I'm sorry.
    That's sad to hear, but I don't really remember getting flustered when things didn't go according to plan, nor do I remember taking things out on the marines at all. Are you certain you were witnessing me, specifically?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very hard to judge this app due to never seeing you play. I do like your app though, it feels unique in a way. But I find it difficult to +1 because I've never seen you in my life.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You rp well when ive seen you as a engi/boot and do not seem like a shitler, but I'd really like to see you play xo/so more. Try to get in some more CIC games, otherwise it's hard to approve
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe I do remember encountering you in-game when we were coordinating the mortar strikes if I am not mistaken, it was a fun round.

Back to your application, the sustainability approach in it is amazing for me, however it makes it a much better a project manager application in business rather than a Commander application for colonial marines, hah.

In any case, I would like to clarify some important sections in the BE and the insubordinate crew. While we appreciate your opinions, we also want an answer that shows us you know and understand the rules, the SOP and marine law. So I want you to answer the following questions;

1) How does a BE work and when would you use a BE? How does it differ from the standard procedure executions?
    2) Every one is subject to marine law, and if what they're doing is wrong or impacting the operation they will be dealt with accordingly. As a CO you are the highest authority on marine law, and are expected to know it well and make fair decisions. How do you differentiate between insubordination, neglect of duty, sedition and desertion?

Other than that, I have had rather positive interactions with you as a player, and I have to say that you have a good personality. I do recommend however to try focusing your activity more on command roles, especially XO and SO.

Make sure to give the SOP and Marine Law a good read, as they will be quite useful to follow during your time playing as a CO.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the replies! I'll be getting more CiC experience as I go; It's been a bit hard for me to join games as of late, however, I'll see if I can get more rounds as an XO/SO here-and-there!

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    1) How does a BE work and when would you use a BE? How does it differ from the standard procedure executions?
    2) Every one is subject to marine law, and if what they're doing is wrong or impacting the operation they will be dealt with accordingly. As a CO you are the highest authority on marine law, and are expected to know it well and make fair decisions. How do you differentiate between insubordination, neglect of duty, sedition and desertion?
    To answer both questions, I'd like to say that I've never seen a Battlefield Execution happen before. I don't know if it's simply tough luck, whether or not the rounds I've been in happened to be filled with the most loveable marines you could imagine, or if I simply forgot about that one time one happened, but that's the honest truth here. However, I do have a good idea on what it is;

1.1)
    A Battlefield Execution is, at its core, a quick, effective 'solution' for problems when there are no other options available. If the Commanding Officer sees either his command, his crew, or his ship threatened by anyone, they may personally put a bullet in their head(s), strictly for the safety and/or betterment of every single soul on the vessel and/or themselves. After having done so, they must then make an announcement, explaining the 'why' and 'who', as it is required by the law. In a sense, it is a brilliantly articulated failsafe protocol - in case the current situation makes it impossible for the Military Police to act, the Captain would be allowed to prevent any further mishap/escalation on their accord.

1.2)
    • The announcement of a Battlefield Executions happens after the act, where-as standard procedure Executions are to be declared beforehand.
    • Battlefield Executions are more of a means of protection, where-as standard procedure Executions are more of a means of upholding the importance of law.
    • Nobody other than the Commanding Officer may legally perform a Battlefield Execution, where-as standard procedure Executions may be authorized by XO and CMP in unison.
    • Battlefield Executions are often unexpected, where-as standard procedure Executions are planned in time.

2.1)
    Rising in Severity...

1. Insubordination: Failure to follow orders due to incompetence, ignorance, unsolicited actions, and the kind, causing great disrespect in/during the process.
    2. Neglect of Duty: Failure to perform one's duty and to neglect one's expected procedures at any given, official assignment.
    3. Sedition: Failure to act upon commands and/or to engage in actions with ill intentions, intending to topple the chain of command.
    4. Desertion: Failure to perform by leaving one's essential post without authorization and refusing to return.

Insubordination is to be taken with a grain of salt, as it is the least enforced rule. If you get called names and are showed great disrespect, you might as well bite your teeth down and ignore it, or give them a scolding. If one does a rather horrible job of following what they are said to do, you might as well be happy that one of the meek is destined to be culled by acting as mere fodder (instead of sending Military Police planetside to apprehend an idiot).

Neglect of Duty is differentiated by competence in a different manner. If you are a Maintenance Technician on a vessel, you are to be expected to repair damages on the ship. If you are a Requisitions Officer, you are to be expected to fulfill the station's cargo needs. It is a far greater crime to neglect orders you are, in your own duty, supposed to follow than to neglect orders which would not impact your role's viability, such as a single mere Marine not sticking with their designated squad, and rather following a completely different, rear platoon.

Sedition is always accompanied by harm to the integrity and should be clear without further explanation. If a Marine is calling up to overthrow the Command, they aren't just severely breaking the law, but are also endangering any operation and bringing inequity and destruction to the very military concept they are supposed to have accepted ages ago in boot camp.

Desertion is unavoidable. It is in every man's wish to save their sorry buttocks in the face of a grand danger. However, in war, it is a great crime. Every marine has been given a weapon to fight, not to flee. The words they have spoken when they first finished training were those of respect, those of patriotism; to never flee so that those you have left behind aren't being threatened with far greater danger. That is a goal, not a temporary idea. And those who sully this goal should be punished as greatly as those who directly wish to damage the whole, as their action are on-par with those of said felons.

2.2)
    Marines aren't just figurines you can push and pull around your little playing board, gun and knife in their hands, with you as the captain being their undisputed puppeteer. Every soldier has their own needs, their own thoughts, and their own will to survive. Insubordination, neglect of duty, sedition, desertion... Call it whatever you want - in the end, they are all come with a reason. And that reason would often be your utter incompetence to give your people proper goals, proper explanation, and guidance. While it is in every warmonger's interest to remove the minds of their followers, something like that is simply impossible.

However, tending to the needs of everyone is a fool's task; encountering these problems is to be expected. And for that, the Marine Law exists to suppress, never to stop, said problems. With you as the captain on the tip, keep your supporting base as stable as possible, or it all comes breaking down in its entirety.
    Last edited by MarpleJones; 06-29-2019 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Minor changes of a few points.

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am more than satisfied with your answers. They are rather corrct and I sure appreciate that you are considerate and dedicated to your whitelist application. That also goes to show that you do care about performing the role well and keeping up to rather higher standards of getting things done.

While I have little feedback on you as far as commanding goes, I have encountered you in game under other roles and I remember it in a rather positive way.

Therefore I am willing to take the risk and stick my head out for you and give you the first +1. Dont let me down.

Good luck, and make yourself proud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Dont let me down.
    Yes! Thank you!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know its not an easy thing to get a +1 from Arbs.

Your answers were very detailed and well thought out. I have not seen you myself much but than again that is irrelevant as I don't play as much as I use to.

+1.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarpleJones View Post
    Thanks for all the replies! I'll be getting more CiC experience as I go; It's been a bit hard for me to join games as of late, however, I'll see if I can get more rounds as an XO/SO here-and-there!

To answer both questions, I'd like to say that I've never seen a Battlefield Execution happen before. I don't know if it's simply tough luck, whether or not the rounds I've been in happened to be filled with the most loveable marines you could imagine, or if I simply forgot about that one time one happened, but that's the honest truth here. However, I do have a good idea on what it is;

1.1)
    A Battlefield Execution is, at its core, a quick, effective 'solution' for problems when there are no other options available. If the Commanding Officer sees either his command, his crew, or his ship threatened by anyone, they may personally put a bullet in their head(s), strictly for the safety and/or betterment of every single soul on the vessel and/or themselves. After having done so, they must then make an announcement, explaining the 'why' and 'who', as it is required by the law. In a sense, it is a brilliantly articulated failsafe protocol - in case the current situation makes it impossible for the Military Police to act, the Captain would be allowed to prevent any further mishap/escalation on their accord.

1.2)
    • The announcement of a Battlefield Executions happens after the act, where-as standard procedure Executions are to be declared beforehand.
    • Battlefield Executions are more of a means of protection, where-as standard procedure Executions are more of a means of upholding the importance of law.
    • Nobody other than the Commanding Officer may legally perform a Battlefield Execution, where-as standard procedure Executions may be authorized by XO and CMP in unison.
    • Battlefield Executions are often unexpected, where-as standard procedure Executions are planned in time.

2.1)
    Rising in Severity...

1. Insubordination: Failure to follow orders due to incompetence, ignorance, unsolicited actions, and the kind, causing great disrespect in/during the process.
    2. Neglect of Duty: Failure to perform one's duty and to neglect one's expected procedures at any given, official assignment.
    3. Sedition: Failure to act upon commands and/or to engage in actions with ill intentions, intending to topple the chain of command.
    4. Desertion: Failure to perform by leaving one's essential post without authorization and refusing to return.

Insubordination is to be taken with a grain of salt, as it is the least enforced rule. If you get called names and are showed great disrespect, you might as well bite your teeth down and ignore it, or give them a scolding. If one does a rather horrible job of following what they are said to do, you might as well be happy that one of the meek is destined to be culled by acting as mere fodder (instead of sending Military Police planetside to apprehend an idiot).

Neglect of Duty is differentiated by competence in a different manner. If you are a Maintenance Technician on a vessel, you are to be expected to repair damages on the ship. If you are a Requisitions Officer, you are to be expected to fulfill the station's cargo needs. It is a far greater crime to neglect orders you are, in your own duty, supposed to follow than to neglect orders which would not impact your role's viability, such as a single mere Marine not sticking with their designated squad, and rather following a completely different, rear platoon.

Sedition is always accompanied by harm to the integrity and should be clear without further explanation. If a Marine is calling up to overthrow the Command, they aren't just severely breaking the law, but are also endangering any operation and bringing inequity and destruction to the very military concept they are supposed to have accepted ages ago in boot camp.

Desertion is unavoidable. It is in every man's wish to save their sorry buttocks in the face of a grand danger. However, in war, it is a great crime. Every marine has been given a weapon to fight, not to flee. The words they have spoken when they first finished training were those of respect, those of patriotism; to never flee so that those you have left behind aren't being threatened with far greater danger. That is a goal, not a temporary idea. And those who sully this goal should be punished as greatly as those who directly wish to damage the whole, as their action are on-par with those of said felons.

2.2)
    Marines aren't just figurines you can push and pull around your little playing board, gun and knife in their hands, with you as the captain being their undisputed puppeteer. Every soldier has their own needs, their own thoughts, and their own will to survive. Insubordination, neglect of duty, sedition, desertion... Call it whatever you want - in the end, they are all come with a reason. And that reason would often be your utter incompetence to give your people proper goals, proper explanation, and guidance. While it is in every warmonger's interest to remove the minds of their followers, something like that is simply impossible.

However, tending to the needs of everyone is a fool's task; encountering these problems is to be expected. And for that, the Marine Law exists to suppress, never to stop, said problems. With you as the captain on the tip, keep your supporting base as stable as possible, or it all comes breaking down in its entirety.
    We didn't really start out in the best terms together, but over time I've seen you improve into something better, even enough to have mutual respect.

I know that you are aware of what you are doing as an XO and think over your strategies. That also improves with time and experience. So as far as leading marines, you do have that material. So from -1 I'm giving it a +1.

But I won't spare you a piece of advice either. Much more will be demanded from you as a CO than you have experienced as an XO. The rights and privileges you get, come with a certain responsibility that you own to the marine players for that round. So you will have to step up your game in pretty much every direction. Be calm when taking decisions and give out memorable interactions to the people surrounding you and avoid senseless trouble.

Best of luck with the app.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    But I won't spare you a piece of advice either. Much more will be demanded from you as a CO than you have experienced as an XO. The rights and privileges you get, come with a certain responsibility that you own to the marine players for that round. So you will have to step up your game in pretty much every direction. Be calm when taking decisions and give out memorable interactions to the people surrounding you and avoid senseless trouble.

Best of luck with the app.
    Awesome, thanks for the advice! I will be taking it into consideration, and I will attempt to do my best!