Byond ID?
    TheLion1675

CM Character?
    Melissa Trelawney

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT+2 (EU-West)

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    I think give or take between 8-16. This is variable on my work schedule, which changes EVERY week.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes. I was the host for SCP13, been moderator here before (YEARS AGO!) and I used to be on Phoenix.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Negatory.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    N/A

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Unless you count my own game development company, no.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Yes.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Absolutely. I'm a firm believer in open communication.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I'd tell the player that was shot to sit tight and to seek out Medical in the meantime while I'm investigating. I would speak to the offending player, and rule out accident or intent. If it's an accident, a minor warning and tips to avoid such in the future will be given, if intent heavier punishment according to the guidelines will be given.

In either case, unless there is a SERIOUS reason to shoot someone, I'd heal the player that was hurt so their round can continue.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    First, I'd speak to said Predator and figure out why. After that is done, and the reason has been established, I speak to my fellow moderators and come to a good conclusion.

Worst case scenario, the case is reported to the whitelist managers, for them to take it up further.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I'd talk to them and see how much they know. Assuming this player is completely new, I am going to direct them to the wiki and make myself on stand-by for him to ask ANY further questions.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I stay calm. People say a lot of things in the heat of the moment, and anyone will say anything so long as they are behind a screen.

I'd direct them to an Admin+, or if nobody wants to talk to them, I'd deal with it myself.

In the latter case, I'd handle the punishment according to the guidelines set forth.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I wouldn't, not actively. John Doe is an active name in the random name generator.

I'd still speak to the person, and ask them to change their name next round, as John Doe isn't really an inspiring name.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I try to get an Admin+ to intervene through IC means. This is an IC situation, and should be solved IC.

Through doing such an announcement, MP's are alerted to them and they will be given the ability to handle it, in turn generating roleplay.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I probably wouldn't deal with this. It is listed that survivors can be hostile to Marines with valid reasoning and roleplay. If they made their intentions clear, and the Marine still came too close, that means the survivor was in their right, and makes this an IC issue to solve.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I'd speak to the relevant MP, and tell them to adhere to the minimum and maximum punishment guidelines within Marine Law.

I'd instruct them to release the Marine and instead brig them for the "Trespassing" offense, provided the time spent in permabrig wasn't already the same as the minimum or maximum. Else, I'd instruct to release them, and give the MP a minor warning.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I'd use the available tools, such as Queen Mother and Subtle Message those in power to encourage to engage each other.

To the marines, this could be: "You feel like you should assault the Aliens."

To the Queen this could be: "The tallhosts are sitting ducks. Assault them."

Obviously this is freely interpreted.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Since I'm involved in this situation, I take no direct action and instead report it to one of my fellow staff members.

Should I be the sole moderator, I try to deal with the situation, but will always refrain from banning as I am biased in this situation.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I think this is valid. While arguably it falls within EORG, but round-end just means all the Aliens were killed, not all the HOSTILES.

I think if he was hostile before and was still hunted down, his death is valid and the player has not committed EORG.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    An IC issue that I feel should be handled IC'ly, so I'd alert one of the MP's.

Should this REALLY get out of hand, I'd PM the offender and ask him his reason for this. Provided I get a reason, and it's not straight-up trolling, the punishment varies to the guidelines.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I continue asking. Were the rules of escalation followed?

Provided they were, I'd leave it as is.

If it wasn't, I'd issue the offender a warning and heal the victim.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I'd ahelp and freeze the leader of the mutiny and speak to him, telling him to follow the mutiny rules.

Following that, anyone who continues is getting frozen, spoken to, instructed and warned.

Should things really get out of hand, I'd employ the use of "clusterbang" (it was a thing way back when) to immediately immobilize everyone, and instruct them through LOOC.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    If it's minor, I'd let it slide and tell the person to simply walk away or sit elsewhere.

If it gets out of hand, I'd involve everyone who's doing it, and instruct them not to do it like that again with a verbal warning.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I'd investigate a bit with the victims, to see if there was ANY cause at all. If there wasn't, I'm working off the assumption it was a grief attempt and will ban the offender appropriately, and heal all the victims.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I speak to the larva and ask them why they ran over there for no apparent reason.

I'll give them a warning for this, and instruct them to stay close to the Queen while they are larvae.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I'd speak to the Alien and warn him not to do that anymore, and play as the indended Xeno. I'd observe the Alien for a while to make sure he's no longer causing issues.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I'd tell the ahelper that it's fine to call whatever, since in the heat of the moment, it's easier to call what it is, than to come up with a name for it that is lore-appropriate or of higher roleplay standing. I'd still ask the "dropship" xeno to be trying to do roleplay of higher standing.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I'd immediately speak in LOOC to anyone in the vicinity to void that, and speak to the command staff that they do not know this yet, and instruct them to wait until first contact is made before jumping to conclusions.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    So long as the rules of escalation were followed, this situation is valid.

Evac means panic, and panic means irrational actions, which would constitute this.

If the rules were not followed, I'd speak to the marine and give him a warning to do it differently next time in accordance to rules.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I'd apply a temporary mute and speak to him again and try and calm him down, offering him to just head out for an hour or so until he or she has calmed down.

Provided this continues, I probably wouldn't go beyond a kick at worst, and ignoring it at best.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I'd tell him that I can't. SSD'ing in hotspots is someone's own risk, and he had that risk. If he can escape, I tell him to just go to Medical, but I wouldn't pursue the issue further.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'd speak in msay to correct the Moderator and discuss where the misinformation came from. I'd assist if he wanted me to, but I wouldn't take over his situation.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I'd maintain a neutral stance, and try and get both sides of the story.

Ultimately, all I can do is arbitrate in this situation, as I don't have the authority to override bans. I would report this to the relevant head(s) though.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I'd like to give back to the Community I spent years in playing now, specifically meaning Colonial Marines.

I've been through its many iterations, going as far back as when Apophis still ran CM, and I've always enjoyed CM for its good mix of roleplay and action, even if I don't actively seek out action roles that much.

Furthermore, I feel like I can give a lot to the server in terms of experience, having been a staff member and community owner on various games for close to a decade now.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    To have a level head, and no bias to players.

I feel these two qualities is what every moderator should be. Nobody needs a hothead or someone who jumps the gun.

Anything else you
    I hope you'll find this application to satisfaction, but I do realize some answers may be a tad simplistic. I am more than willing to elaborate on them if questions are asked.

One more thing is that I may have a bad reputation in SS13 as a whole as I used to be the host of SCP13 (as mentioned earlier). I've made my mistakes, and did my fair share of wrong things, but I'd like to believe I learned from them.

I hope this particular issue won't affect my odds.

Obviously I am also more than willing to answer any questions that come from this.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm extremely displeased with some of the notes you have, especially the one from March. I understand that was three months ago, but it's personally far too much for me to overlook.

I'd normally go into the answers on the application, which at a quick glance are all pretty good, but as stated, I am very uncomfortable with your note history.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaperx15 View Post
    I'm extremely displeased with some of the notes you have, especially the one from March. I understand that was three months ago, but it's personally far too much for me to overlook.

I'd normally go into the answers on the application, which at a quick glance are all pretty good, but as stated, I am very uncomfortable with your note history.
    I fully understand, can I ask which note so I may be able to explain the situation?

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's currently some apprehension within the team regarding both the aforementioned note history and the drama of whatever happened with SCP-13. I personally have no idea what occurred and I'm not the only one. Would you be able to shed some light into what happened, and what's changed since?
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Banned by XXXX|Duration: 10080 minutes|Reason: 18+ Content as a xeno, kept spamming shit about 'MISTER WIGGLES LIKES DOG COCK' even while being talked to.
    by XXXX on Mon, March 4th of 2019
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm aware of the individual's history regarding SS13 and SCP-13.
    Considering the date on most of the notes, and the individuals actions in CM-ss13 since.
    I'd be happy to see this go to trial.
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    There's currently some apprehension within the team regarding both the aforementioned note history and the drama of whatever happened with SCP-13. I personally have no idea what occurred and I'm not the only one. Would you be able to shed some light into what happened, and what's changed since?
    Ah, right. So, SCP13 was a project of mine that I was the Host for. I never intended for it to go mainstream, I just wanted to get some things rolling. A universal SCP theme had been theorized on the Reddit for years, I decided to start up some things. We went into a partnership with my former employer who also made a game in the SCP Universe, with someone leaking it to the Reddit ahead of time, gaining us an explosive amount of members in mere weeks (1k+ members in the Discord). What went on from there was part incompetence on my part and being unprepared for such an increase in members, and partly hard- and software failures that I failed to address in a proper time manner, which lead to its implosion at some point.

I made some poor choices, which I thought were making light of matters, but were received poorly. I'd like to believe I've learned from all these mistakes, but never again will I attempt to create a project in SS13.

Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    Banned by XXXX|Duration: 10080 minutes|Reason: 18+ Content as a xeno, kept spamming shit about 'MISTER WIGGLES LIKES DOG COCK' even while being talked to.
    by XXXX on Mon, March 4th of 2019
    Ah, yes. A joke in poor taste. I thought it was pretty funny at the time, but I can't particularly remember the state of mind or physical state I was in at that point. I'd like to say I was really tired and made a crass joke, but that's hiding from what I did. I'm full-well aware of what I said, which is why I never appealed it, since after thinking about it I thought it was a valid ban. As you'll also see, it's the only note of its kind, which means a repeat-incident has never happened, which also doesn't show similar-minded behavior as a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozentsbgg View Post
    I'm aware of the individual's history regarding SS13 and SCP-13.
    Considering the date on most of the notes, and the individuals actions in CM-ss13 since.
    I'd be happy to see this go to trial.
    +1
    Thanks Frozents!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was your former staff job here, and why did you leave?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    What was your former staff job here, and why did you leave?
    Head Moderator way back when. I left because I was offered a position at Phoenix as Mentor at the time, which I thought was more along my line of roleplay. It was, but I should've stuck with CM.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What CKey did you use at this time, and do you have a rough idea of how long ago it was? 2015/16/17 etc. etc.
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler: