User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Lion - Moderator Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x31stOverlord View Post
    I don't believe I have seen you about all that much on the server. Likely due to my difference in timezones perhaps. Though you have a relatively active playtime this year at roughly one hundred hours.

Why do you want to join the moderator team on CM?

Following that:

You see a xeno in a fight heal to full health whilst not being healed by the queen. Checking the player panel you see that it is a moderator. What do you do?

Two players appear to be on the Almayer just out of cryo, they are not communicating in game though you notice that one appears to be quite slow at equipping items and seems to have trouble loading a weapon. The other player is following them closely but is fine with equipping gear etc. What do you do?
    Greetings!

First of all, one hundred hours has to be a good milestone for me, haha!

Furthermore, let me answer your questions.

1. Assuming moderators have rejuv perms and also assuming that alogs aren't present for a Moderator, I'd likely inquire as to where this heal came from. Frankly, this is unnecessary because I'll contribute these logs to a relevant head with an approx. time and date, so they may investigate further. Besides lightly asking for a reason, there's nothing a moderator can do in this case.

2. I'd assume these players are communicating out of the game, but I assume nothing. First of all I'd ask the player that is more versed in the game if they are communicating elsewhere. Depending on the answer, I'd observe further and take action if need be if the answer were negative. If the answer was positive, I'd instruct the player to communicate through the game and not external communication methods, as it is against the rules.

Provided the situation can be solved through words, I'd leave it be at that, if not, I'd take action according to what the guidelines offer me.

Provided they are NOT communicating externally or are even friends, I'd assist the newer player in getting a grasp of the game. That's not to say I wouldn't even if they were friends, but if a friend is able to teach them, that frees up my time to watch other area's of the game that may require my attention more.

I hope I've answered your questions to satisfaction, but if you'd like clarification, feel free to ask!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not seeing any rules against non-staff posting here, if there are and I've missed them, feel free to take this down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/commen..._this_is_ss13/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/commen...and_that_this/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/commen..._troll_server/

Those are just the ones from a quick search on Reddit, feel free to go digging further. The guy spent a good long while blackmailing and threatening folk, notwithstanding his conduct as someone with admin perms on the SCP13 server which was also balls-awful. This wasn't once or twice, this was consistent. He didn't learn, he didn't change how he acted. Alongside that conduct under the current key, there's also this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/commen...w_server_home/

Scroll down a little bit, OliverCarswell's the name posted under as mentioned earlier in this thread.:

Same bad conduct, different name in the very first instance I could find. He's not changed and won't. I�d argue that the old stuff is just as relevant, as the attitude hasn�t shifted and is the exact same (T. guy who actually shifted his attitude).

EDIT: Also forgot to mention he was part of another SCP community that he was removed from, due to terrible behaviour, at which point he came here and made SCP13, where the same behaviour persisted. I�m sure I can dig that up too, if required. Also upped and ran with donation money he was given in good faith for SCP13 to make his own �game development company�.
    Last edited by Chaznoodles; 06-24-2019 at 01:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaznoodles View Post
    I'm not seeing any rules against non-staff posting here, if there are and I've missed them, feel free to take this down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/commen..._this_is_ss13/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/commen...and_that_this/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/commen..._troll_server/

Those are just the ones from a quick search on Reddit, feel free to go digging further. The guy spent a good long while blackmailing and threatening folk, notwithstanding his conduct as someone with admin perms on the SCP13 server which was also balls-awful. This wasn't once or twice, this was consistent. He didn't learn, he didn't change how he acted. Alongside that conduct under the current key, there's also this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/commen...w_server_home/

Scroll down a little bit, OliverCarswell's the name posted under as mentioned earlier in this thread.:

Same bad conduct, different name in the very first instance I could find. He's not changed and won't.
    I'm sorry you feel that way, and I can't change your mind if it's set on that.

I've agreed and owned up that I made mistakes, some more severe than others, on my own server - SCP13.

What I disagree with is that you say I haven't learned, which I strongly believe I have.

Edit: Reddit also has the uncanny ability to pull things out of context and twist it into a points farm. I responded less-than-stellar though, which is why I steered clear of it, and intend to do so.

Double edit: Also, some of these things are three years old. Hardly relevant anymore.
    Last edited by The Lion; 06-23-2019 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Added info x2.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lion View Post
    Greetings!

Furthermore, let me answer your questions.

1. Assuming moderators have rejuv perms and also assuming that alogs aren't present for a Moderator, I'd likely inquire as to where this heal came from. Frankly, this is unnecessary because I'll contribute these logs to a relevant head with an approx. time and date, so they may investigate further. Besides lightly asking for a reason, there's nothing a moderator can do in this case.

2. I'd assume these players are communicating out of the game, but I assume nothing. First of all I'd ask the player that is more versed in the game if they are communicating elsewhere. Depending on the answer, I'd observe further and take action if need be if the answer were negative. If the answer was positive, I'd instruct the player to communicate through the game and not external communication methods, as it is against the rules.

Provided the situation can be solved through words, I'd leave it be at that, if not, I'd take action according to what the guidelines offer me.

Provided they are NOT communicating externally or are even friends, I'd assist the newer player in getting a grasp of the game. That's not to say I wouldn't even if they were friends, but if a friend is able to teach them, that frees up my time to watch other area's of the game that may require my attention more.

I hope I've answered your questions to satisfaction, but if you'd like clarification, feel free to ask!
    Thank you for the response.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really care about drama and all that what happened years ago. What I care about is can you do the job, be unbiased, and do it fairly.

Since there's all this stuff coming out of the woodwork, I think there should be some additional what ifs.

1. During briefing a marine is loading his grenade launcher when he sets off a grenade and blows himself up and three other marines. He immediately ahelps "OH GOD OH FUCK I ACCIDENTLY BLEW MYSELF UP." Meanwhile in deadchat three other marines call him a retarded faggot, and constantly insult him while he says over and over he is sorry and that it was an accident, what would you do?

2. An admin spawns themselves in as a survivor. The survivor is following all rules when you get an ahelp from a dead player that says "Where did that survivor come from?" How would you handle this?

3. A synth survivor sends an ahelp "I said Greetings to the xenos, and they just murderboned me." how would you handle this?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not convinced.

Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I don't really care about drama and all that what happened years ago. What I care about is can you do the job, be unbiased, and do it fairly.

Since there's all this stuff coming out of the woodwork, I think there should be some additional what ifs.

1. During briefing a marine is loading his grenade launcher when he sets off a grenade and blows himself up and three other marines. He immediately ahelps "OH GOD OH FUCK I ACCIDENTLY BLEW MYSELF UP." Meanwhile in deadchat three other marines call him a retarded faggot, and constantly insult him while he says over and over he is sorry and that it was an accident, what would you do?

2. An admin spawns themselves in as a survivor. The survivor is following all rules when you get an ahelp from a dead player that says "Where did that survivor come from?" How would you handle this?

3. A synth survivor sends an ahelp "I said Greetings to the xenos, and they just murderboned me." how would you handle this?
    I actually didn't see this message and I am so sorry. I was just looking for new replies.

1. I tell everyone to stop the hostilities in LOOC and explain that it was a honest mistake. If need be, I'll reinforce that by saying a game with primarily click actions it's easy to mess up. I'd heal the affected marines including the offender, and tell the offender to be a bit more cautious next time.

2. I'd ask the admin for their story, I'm absolutely sure there is one if an admin decides to do that. If no story, I could just say they came from a different part of the colony or station and leave it at that. Most important thing is I don't make this public and say it's an admin spawning things. That can be sorted IC'ly without a player riot.

3. As I'm not too funky on the rules of Synth and Xeno relations, if there even are any, but if this were to happen I'd ask the Xeno's to exercise more restraint next time, as it's not a host they can infect. With that in mind, I'd probably heal the synthetic if that were to happen. REVISED: As I was told there are no rules, I'd say that the player was probably at fault for their own demise by seeking out Xenomorphs instead of avoiding them, which makes him/her fair game to be killed and that there is nothing I can do to remedy it.
    Last edited by The Lion; 07-01-2019 at 07:45 PM. Reason: New info.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xenos are free to kill synthetics for any reason unless the Queen orders otherwise. It�s a dick move but entirely allowed.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    Xenos are free to kill synthetics for any reason unless the Queen orders otherwise. It�s a dick move but entirely allowed.
    In that case my answer was based on the assumption there were rules of engagement. Edited. Thanks for the info!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok. I heard a while ago you were applying to become a moderator, your answers seems mostly fine. but the fact your already quitted the staff before and your drama on SCP13 kinda worries me, Also notes, while being short, it's very concerning as we staff beside the memes and the jokes we are to keep professionalism in line, and a 7 day ban for +18 content, you really pushed the line.

I must say i saw the Drama of SCP13 very closely and back on the day, i stopped playing CM to play SCP13, must say, i was very happy as a big fan of the SCP archives and foundation and i got sad of seeing the whole project sink.

Although i see you as a Excelent player (saw some of your rounds as CMP and XO), i am Unsure if you are Staff material.

Any veteran on CM has over hundred hours.

For now i am remaning on neutral but leaning towards a -1 May change it on future if see more answers.
    Last edited by Hunk1; 07-02-2019 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Wording and rephrases
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: