User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So you evolved into a crusher..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you evolved into a crusher..

Excited to ram marines down by the dozens not to mention being a near bullet sponge at elite. During your time serving the queen you run into a crowd of marines, bad move. going back to safety, Baldy "grunt" Mcgee blocks your path. You push him to no avail and now his buddies are closing in on you. Attempts to disarm are futile, now your health bar is getting low, in a panic you try to move around but still you can't push past them.

You meet your doom two seconds later.

Can there be something done about that bullshit bodyblocking for crushers? Honestly I get being punished for rushing into a crowd but when one fucking marine can bodyblock a crusher and get him into crit despite being a damn beast it's annoying.

thanks for coming to my tedtalks

EDIT: The post I made came off a bit as "CrUshErs sHoUlD haVe oP GimImckS" but I was trying to address the matter of you being boxed in due to lone marines getting the drop on you from adjacent tiles when your moving around them.
    Last edited by recounted; 06-19-2019 at 09:32 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by recounted View Post
    Excited to ram marines down by the dozens not to mention being a near bullet sponge at elite. During your time serving the queen you run into a crowd of marines, bad move. going back to safety, Baldy "grunt" Mcgee blocks your path. You push him to no avail and now his buddies are closing in on you. Attempts to disarm are futile, now your health bar is getting low, in a panic you try to move around but still you can't push past them.

You meet your doom two seconds later.

Can there be something done about that bullshit bodyblocking for crushers? Honestly I get being punished for rushing into a crowd but when one fucking marine can bodyblock a crusher and get him into crit despite being a damn beast it's annoying.

thanks for coming to my tedtalks
    You can't just simply go into crowd of marines without thinking and then expecting 100% success. Watch other crushers as they play.
    Example: Map LV. Fog is down, marines are rushing north from Hydro. Charge from north to south is the worst idea, since at the end of the charge, there will be more marines, who can indeed stand in front of you and slow you down a bit. Smart Crusher charges from east to west and from west to east. They can't really stop you then, your charge is long enough to run trough their entire frontline and then it ends in darkness, where your Lurker, Sentinel and other benos just wait. Ask Queen for making you leader and tell her to emit frenzy.

Long over are the times of complete brainless beno gameplay. Maybe you would want mini-screech? Crusher lacks "get out of the jail free cards"? Try using strain that lets you just stop the charge and do 180 degree turn just to escape.

Just read that: "https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Crusher"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This post right here is why we need Xeno Names. The most absolute pea-brained people play xeno and we have to hold their hands while they complain that they cant hold down one button to kill 500 marines. The idea that they have to rub two brain cells together to succeed is a foreign concept to them.

Xeno Names will attract smarter, more competent players. With them as the core of the hive, xeno design can be more interesting to play and play against.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    You can't just simply go into crowd of marines without thinking and then expecting 100% success. Watch other crushers as they play.
    Example: Map LV. Fog is down, marines are rushing north from Hydro. Charge from north to south is the worst idea, since at the end of the charge, there will be more marines, who can indeed stand in front of you and slow you down a bit. Smart Crusher charges from east to west and from west to east. They can't really stop you then, your charge is long enough to run trough their entire frontline and then it ends in darkness, where your Lurker, Sentinel and other benos just wait. Ask Queen for making you leader and tell her to emit frenzy.

Long over are the times of complete brainless beno gameplay. Maybe you would want mini-screech? Crusher lacks "get out of the jail free cards"? Try using strain that lets you just stop the charge and do 180 degree turn just to escape.

Just read that: "https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Crusher"
    Im not saying that crushers who just in with no strat should be forgiven. Mind you I said "Honestly I get being punished for rushing into a crowd " meaning in that sentence you will be punished for just bum rushing in there with no exit thinking your gonna be alright. Im talking more of just one single marine that blocks your path making you more likely to go crit all cause you cannot push or go around them long enough, im sure you seen your share even with the "skilled" crushers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imheretohelp View Post
    This post right here is why we need Xeno Names. The most absolute pea-brained people play xeno and we have to hold their hands while they complain that they cant hold down one button to kill 500 marines. The idea that they have to rub two brain cells together to succeed is a foreign concept to them.

Xeno Names will attract smarter, more competent players. With them as the core of the hive, xeno design can be more interesting to play and play against.
    Your taking this post out of context. The part where ONE marine can ruin your round all cause they can stay blocked in your path without fail is what im pointing out in my OP. I dunno y you bothered to mention xeno names but ok. I never even implied that going forward one direction will grant you kills to hinder marines as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest ramming into groups if you can keep going past them. Most marines will run after you - however, if you charge up, you'll lose them. Then you can charge back at them from the other side.

To practice this, I recommend crushing west-east (and east-west) on LV, from west caves to containers. Unless the hivelord thinks otherwise, you'll have a good crushing lane.

What you must remember is this: if you lose your momentum near a group, they have the upper hand; but if you can keep up your momentum, not even a horde of ungas can stop you. Plan ahead, check what lies on the other side before charging. If you charge into a dead end, think twice before spooling up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grab switch, help intent shuffle, or just simply go the other way. You shouldn't charge in the first place if you can't see another immediate exit nearby anyway. Bodyblocking right now is the only possible counter vs Crushers (hell, I don't give a fuck about it since I'm an epic gamer and I know how to maneuver between marines)

You have to understand that with every marine trying to block your return path, another hole is opened.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as said above body blocking and WP rockets are the only realistic (and good move) marines can do, and only one of these can be done by ungas, and usually only by good ungas who aren't afraid to get FF'd (because you will, as most ungas are pants on head retarded and will shoot you instead of the trapped crusher)

most crushers, unless they get PB'd by skilled ungas with shotguns, will escape even after being body blocked; so its not really a problem

tl;dr just get good

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    git gud

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akabinxstar View Post