User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So you evolved into a crusher..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop charging if your retreat is not secure. Just stop.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other day on prison station as a crusher I had a smartgunner put down a metal table in the doorwall of the hall after I charged past. I couldnt get past the table, or slash it fast enough to get out and died.

The mods ruled it as "cheesy" but not breaking meta.

So I get how you feel. It's fucking silly shit. But I WISH I was just bodyblocked instead of metagaming bullshit like above.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    The other day on prison station as a crusher I had a smartgunner put down a metal table in the doorwall of the hall after I charged past. I couldnt get past the table, or slash it fast enough to get out and died.

So I get how you feel. It's fucking silly shit. But I WISH I was just bodyblocked instead of metagaming bullshit like above.
    You do know that every bit of shit you roam takes away a bit of your charge? If you would start charging few tiles behind table, you would just destroy it and ram SG.
    "How to stop charging Rhino? Putting something between me and him? Nah, who would think about such complicated solution without being omniscent?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marine mains: just git gud
    Us, xeno mains: damn it I cant breathe I got trapped in hydro with 50 marines and 3 ungas ate coming to PB me and oh lord mom heal pls

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    git unbanned
    >:'( grrr

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    You do know that every bit of shit you roam takes away a bit of your charge? If you would start charging few tiles behind table, you would just destroy it and ram SG.
    "How to stop charging Rhino? Putting something between me and him? Nah, who would think about such complicated solution without being omniscent?"
    Except he did it in a doorway of a room that was too small to charge back out of. And he also didnt put "something" between himself and me. He specifically was carrying a disassembled metal table, waited until I charged through the doorway, then instantly built in the doorway behind me (as a smartgunner with 0 engineering skill) with the intent to specifically stop me from fleeing. I wasnt even close to hitting him, he ran up and deployed it.

He didnt build a barricade because he didnt have the skill, didnt deploy a deployable because it would have taken time, and didnt body block me because I would have slashed/tackled him down. He specifically chose an item that takes 0 time to deploy, no engineering skill to deploy, and was carrying it around to just do that. He could have used it for cover at any time and did not, he only used it to block a doorway once I was past.

A smartgunner knowing how to deploy a table instantly, with 0 skill in engineering, knowing that it can stop an enormous crusher... its all meta nonsense.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post

Do you mean a reinforced table?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol imagine thinking one player shouldn't be able to be countered by another single player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three words: buff crusher's tackle

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    git unbanned
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco52 View Post
    Three words: buff crusher's tackle
    Pretty much. Crusher was great with old stomp and tackle, haven't really felt like playing since cuz prae is so much more satisfying.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine