Rko8504 - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    rko8504

Marine Name
    Jerry 'Ghost' Timmicks

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Tol-Harku

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    Yes, I was banned for EORG. However I would like to think it was accidental. When the round ended me and another bravo boi were shooting windows out waiting on the late map daemon. When this man runs in front of my burst, his first reaction was to shoot me in the face. When he did that I shot back without thinking and ran behind cover. When I realized that this was EORG, I yelled, " SORRY!" I was also about to yell, "PUT THE GUNS DOWN!" When I got banned for EORG. Banned for 3 hours, I considered appealing for a ban lift. But figured that it would take longer for someone to look at it, than for me to just wait it out. So I did, and haven't shot a window at the end of the round since.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes

Yautja Character Story
    Loud shots of gunfire, xenos roaring, and screams of the dying. These were the sounds Tol-Harku heard as the burning colony was assaulted by hordes of the parasites. Xenomorphs as the Humans called them, had been attacking for several hours now. They had almost completely destroyed the colony, and what few survivors and armed forces remained were making a final stand on the last few blocks of the high residential street.

Before the attack, the colony was nice. Large skyscrapers, huge industrial and commercial zones. It had a booming population of thousands, that was cut down to a hundred in mere hours after the attack. The colony was on a perfect planet with large booming forests. The colony was placed right next to a large beach. It truly was a beautiful place. Then they came, destroying everything they touched. Tol-Harku was in the process of scouting for a prey when the attack began. He was interested to see how the colony would defend itself, but he knew they were doomed. Everyone was doomed.

So, there he sat, cloaked atop a tree in a small park, surrounded by buildings, he was making his way towards the frontline to search for a worthy prey, whether it be parasite or colonist. He would stop every now and then, simply watching the civilians and the wounded. Most of them were huddled together, though a few ran to fetch supplies or to call a doctor for another dying human. A few guards ran patrols, but they were far and few, as most of the men were needed to fight on the frontline. Tol found himself ready to make the final run to the frontline, as it was only a few blocks away now. But all of the fighting was within a few blocks at this point. The colony's time was nearing.

One soldier was patrolling the block, and when he turned to check an alley when he was suddenly stabbed through the throat. He was unable to cry for help as he quickly went down. He saw a �lurker� xeno quickly drag the body into the alley. Then it stealthy moved across the street. A young looking soldier was running quickly away from the fight. He was about to turn onto a populated block, when he was suddenly tackled and mauled by the lurker. However, the lurker was careful to slice the throat first. �Very smart," Tol thought to himself. This lurker was clearly one of skill. He decided he wouldn't be making his way to the frontlines. He had found his prey.

He leapt from his tree, still cloaked. He then began sliding across the block, never making a sound. He began nearing the lurkers last known location. When he turned the block into an alley. He discovered the mauled corpse of the young marine, and some bloody footprints leading down the alley. "Sloppy," He thought. He then continued down the alley until he saw the lurker up ahead, stalking a patrol of 2 soldiers. Then without warning it tackled one of them, knocking him down and his gun fell from his hands. He then sliced the other marine in the throat, and dragged the still knocked down marine into an alley across the street. Tol could barely hear his screams over all of the gunshots and sounds of war. But they were there, and they were there for a long time. When the screams finally stopped, the lurker dragged the other corpse into the alley, leaving a large trail of blood. But the lurker didn�t seem concerned about it. Tol quickly ran through the street behind the alley the lurker went.

He didn't want to kill the lurker just yet, he was interested in what it was here for. It didn't seem to be moving in a random pattern, and he was curious of its intent. When he got in the same alley as the lurker he discovered it had stopped midway down the alley, frozen in its tracks. Then suddenly, it started moving again, but this time at a slower pace, as if it was more careful of its surroundings. There was a 3-way intersection at the alley, and the lurker turned right. Tol picked up the pace to stay behind it. When he turned the corner, the xeno was nowhere to be found. Afraid he had lost it, he quickly proceeded down the alley. Then an ear shattering roar pierced the air, He turned behind him and was tackled down by the lurker. The lurker raised it's tail and quickly slammed it down towards Tol�s head, and he was just barely able to turn his head to avoid the sharp end of the tail. He threw the lurker off him, rolled backwards, and rose to his feet, drawing his wrist blades. He waited for the lurker to make the first move, and it did. It charged towards him again, but this time Tol ducked and stabbed upwards into the lurker. Using its own momentum against it he carved into its chest. The acid like xeno blood stained and burned his armor, but he would live. He turned to see the lurker getting up, but it was weakened and dying. He walked up to it and quickly severed its head. He would take this as his trophy. It was a shame he couldn't see what it was up to, but at least it was a fine trophy and a fine hunt. He decided he would watch the battle ensue anyways. He wanted to see how long the colony could last, even if it was doomed.

He was nearing the frontlines he heard a loud "WHOOSH" shoot over his head. He glanced up to see a dropship, branded with the letters, USCM. Followed by several more, then behind him, in the center of a small park. A dropship landed, and a few rescue workers arrived to evacuate citizens. He saw the original dropship land and deploy large groups of soldiers into the fray. Another one landed and 2 very large tanks rolled out the back. Off in the horizon a very large ship could be seen with dropships coming to and from. Maybe the colony could be saved after all.

But the parasites always win in the end.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Curious, and competitive. He aches for a better fight. Often underestimating his opponents. Dedicated to improving himself, but never forgetting those around him. He seeks the best out of himself and everyone..

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honor duel is a 1v1 fight between a Yautja and a worthy opponent. Using only melee with no outside interference. The fight is to the death, unless the victor shows mercy on the loser.

A hunt is when one or more Yautjas get together to search a selected area for a prey that is better than those around it, someone who stands out. They then hunt that prey and take a part of it's body, as a trophy.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Supportive to those unsure and in need, but competitive to his equals and superiors. However, he does prefer to hunt solo, as all hunts are better alone.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I've wanted this role since I joined the server. I've already tried once, and am back to try again. I love the RP that goes behind the role, and I know a good predator can really change how marines and xenos interact with the environment. I want to become that good predator. I hope you guys can forgive my EORG.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to say I reused a lot of assets from my other pred app, like my name and some of the personality. After receiving permission to do so from the white listing help. However I did feel the need to update Tol-Harku a bit but I thoroughly enjoyed the app process

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story isn't bad, and shows some effort to it. It seems a little bit above cookie cutter, and you've kept your nose clean since you started playing here.

Based on your predator personality, I have some scenarios.

1. You have hunted a lone marine and uncloak and begin your attack. He only gets one shot off, before you put him into paincrit. You feel as if he didn't really put up much of a fight, and he's currently in cardiac arrest in your vision hud. What would you do?

2. You and another predator are speaking on the ship, and the other predator keeps boasting about his hand to hand fighting skills and doesn't outright insult you, but sorta talks trash to you persay. What would you do?

3. You observed a colony Generation 1 synth kill 3 xenos with a fireaxe. It notices you cloaked and starts to speak to you. How would you respond?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well thank you, I worked hard on this app

1. I had overestimated the marine greatly. I would use the marine as bait set the marine up near his friendly's. Then I would cloak and wait nearby, I would watch how the others would handle him. Then see if there were more competent prey in the rescue party. If there were, I would hunt them instead, otherwise the hunt continues.

2. Challenge him to a unarmed spar. If he thinks he is the best, let him prove it. However if I were to win, I wouldn't rub it in his face. I would provide pointers and only encourage him to improve.

3. I would question him thoroughly. Might even congratulate him on his victory. Unless he was hostile towards me I would leave him alone. Once I had all the info I came for, I would leave him to his own devices.
    Last edited by Rko8504; 06-20-2019 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Changed my reaction to scenario 3. Whitelist help brought a very important rule to my attention

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 on basis of being a decent RPer. I've seen them around and they seem to be alright at RP.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem like a great guy, and I'm really not the person who should judge apps, but this kind of seemed short and cliche. Your active and great, but maybe expanding the backstory might help you in the future especially the answers of your questions which is also important and need to be evaluated. I'll go neutral on this, afterall i'm not the one to decide.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two good answers and one that i personally wouldnt see preds doing but have no outright issue with (the synth question), as well as a decent story lead me to a simple +1. Not much really need be said i can see you doing decently on the hunt, good luck
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your application is a bit above average. Your story is interesting and well written. Short yet sweet. It keeps my attention to reading the story in one go. Well done on that part.

However I still have some questions for you.

1. You are being chased by a group of marines. One in particular has a machete out and whilst chasing you keeps demanding you fight him. Eventually you get trapped in secure dome by the entire group. The group stays outside and the one marine with the machete enters with you. What do you do ? What can you do ?

2. You see one of your fellow predators hunt their prey. However he gets his arm dismembered and falls down unconscious. What do you do ?
    "Don't make me put this beanbag in a place where it fits marine."

Medic/Doc : Nick 'Bitter' Sweetwater
    Predator : Aenth An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Like I said I did work hard on this.

1. I have every right to use my entire arsenal against the marine. However unless all of his fellow marines also engaged me, I would have a melee fight with him. A likely to be short one, but he could be a good fight, it's likely however he is just one of the common rabble.

2. Unless it was a honor duel. I would help my fallen partner. I would attempt to recover him and fight back his prey. He has bitten off more than he can chew and seems to need help. Unless he stats otherwise, or activates his self-destruct. I would help him.

I hope these are good, really excited about all of this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rko8504 View Post

Quote shortened
    +1
    Nothing more needs to be said on my end.
    "Don't make me put this beanbag in a place where it fits marine."

Medic/Doc : Nick 'Bitter' Sweetwater
    Predator : Aenth An'th