User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Metagaming, the Nonrule

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    Survivors are the worst offenders for meta gaming. Every round they either exploit some in game glitch like hiding behind wooden barricades (which makes you invisible to xeno sense), hang around the landing zones (where xenos conveniently can't weed) or use indestructible objects like fax machines that they can move.

And then when they get beaten cry about how unfair survivor is.
    Have you ever played survivor before?
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah but you are not getting banned on first offence

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMandrake View Post
    Have you ever played survivor before?
    No, I don't even have a computer

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    Yeah but you are not getting banned on first offence
    CM staff soft on crime, we need to vote them out of office

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really I don't wanna min max, I feel that the weapons as situational enough that it isn't even really viable.

I wanna know is there actually a point taking an m4a3 as a sidearm to my flamer?

Can it actually threaten a runner, a hive lord if I hit? Do I need 11 shots or 30, or will they actually outheal that dps.

Also nothing sounds quite as toxic as "shut up and take buckshot + mini medic"

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Apple View Post
    Really I don't wanna min max, I feel that the weapons as situational enough that it isn't even really viable.

I wanna know is there actually a point taking an m4a3 as a sidearm to my flamer?

Can it actually threaten a runner, a hive lord if I hit? Do I need 11 shots or 30, or will they actually outheal that dps.

Also nothing sounds quite as toxic as "shut up and take buckshot + mini medic"
    This comes with experience.
    M4A3 is a pretty bad choice if you aren't making it as your primary. Extended mags + Right attachements and you have a monster that shoots those extended mags empty in a second, or two to deal reliably with slower benos.
    Revolver hits harder but it's a pain to hit more than one bullet.
    Runner really won't be harmed much, because he is too fast even at Young to eat all of the bullets. Hivelord not on weeds might be in slight troubles, but he would be anyway with any other weapon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    This comes with experience.
    M4A3 is a pretty bad choice if you aren't making it as your primary. Extended mags + Right attachements and you have a monster that shoots those extended mags empty in a second, or two to deal reliably with slower benos.
    Revolver hits harder but it's a pain to hit more than one bullet.
    Runner really won't be harmed much, because he is too fast even at Young to eat all of the bullets. Hivelord not on weeds might be in slight troubles, but he would be anyway with any other weapon.
    That's the point, experience.

Newer players do not know how worthless pistols actually are and unironically take them as backup weapon, or dismiss AP because sure xenos have armor but how bad can it be with regular ammo? Things like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttly View Post
    That's the point, experience.

Newer players do not know how worthless pistols actually are and unironically take them as backup weapon, or dismiss AP because sure xenos have armor but how bad can it be with regular ammo? Things like that.
    New players don't need to know pistols are useless though. If they're new and last long enough to need to use that pistol they'll just learn from that. And who cares if a badlie is packing ap ammo. They'll just learn with time weather or not they actually want to take that.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There we always be metagaming, the current round meta is defined by meta. I'm sure none of you are bored with the 100 man retreat yet right? The mods/admins have the power to enforce the stopping of certain metagaming like our beloved 100 man retreat, but choose not to for whatever reason.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EquitablePerson View Post
    There we always be metagaming, the current round meta is defined by meta. I'm sure none of you are bored with the 100 man retreat yet right? The mods/admins have the power to enforce the stopping of certain metagaming like our beloved 100 man retreat, but choose not to for whatever reason.
    It's not always Marine's fault that they retreat despite having 100 people on board.
    Benos constantly harrasing FoB. You can have only 15 benos, but when gas shoots constantly, rav slashes cades and lurker walks around pouncing, then marines panic. Every single marine don't have "USCM Status" tab where they can just look at exact numbers. Even if they would have, they have no way to know how many of those marines are combat capable. Waiting for SO to count is really not an option as those numbers shifts. Maybe 5 minutes ago it was 100 marines, maybe now it's only 80? How do I know? Panic, retreat! Panic among marines is like domino, one falls, rest continues.
    Benos having about 40 units. Nearly 1/2 ratio of beno/marines means nearly 100% lose for marines, where they will be turbo stomped in FoB.

Let me tell you a secret tactic that only Benos watching Rick and Morty can think of: When marines are about to Evac, order as a Queen to retreat too and stop harrasing FoB.

Meta Evac accusers hate him! Found one simple trick how to stop Meta Evacs. Learn how!: (Click Here)
    Last edited by CABAL; 06-22-2019 at 03:45 AM.