Byond ID?
    Loco52

CM Character?
    Vaughn 'Hothead' Isemann

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT -4:30

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Fairly over 20

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes of course, I was a mod for CM before I retired for travel purposes

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Civilizations 13

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    They're all in the old forum

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    In old forums

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Of course

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    First I would PM the player and check vv's to see if this was intentional or an accident, and depending on the situation I would either note or ban the player for 24 hours. Scenarios or note would be, for example, that the player shot someone at roundstart breaking escalation rules rather than griefing, and on the other side a 24 hour ban would be applied if this player committed a very obvious grief.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would recommend he takes and holds screenshots about the predator's presumed violations, then report them on the forums since mods can't handle honor code violations ICly. I'd then link them to the report predator section of the forums and guide them on how to report said pred.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I'd first check if there was any mentor available and inform them of the situation, if no mentor is available however i'd PM the guy and try the best to help him. I would also give him the link to the marine quickstart guide.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I'd calmly tell him to tone it down, then inform him that I am the moderator in charge of the situation and that he will have to deal with me to sort it out. I'd also refer this player to the Staff Reports sections and let him know that he is free to report me if he thinks i'm breaking any rule of the server at that given moment.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I'd PM John Doe and inform him that his name goes against the rules and that an Admin has to change his name for him, giving him the chance to pick a new name. I'd then apply a note to this player for future references. Rule 12

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    We all agree this is kind of low RP, however, since this man is not shooting, griefing, or outright breaking any major rules this is mostly an IC issue for the MPs to solve.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    If a survivor is openly hostile towards marines from the start it's ok for them to take action against marines given that a previous roleplay was in effect, so this is an IC issue. It'd be an OOC issue on the other hand if the sruvivor played nice and then opened fire towards marines in Almayer.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I'd PM the MP that did this and explain to them that MPs are bound to the space laws as though they were OOC rules, then proceed to tell him to release the prisoner immediately and attach a link to the space law section in the wiki. Note for first offense, ban for second offense and possible jobban if this is frequent behavior from the player. Rule 15

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    As mods only have access to queen mother directive, I'd first ask permission if there are mods with a higher rank than me around to announce a queen mother directive for the aliens to perform "a direct, fearless and fierce attack" against marines to speed things up.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I'd first check his VVs to make sure he is indeed the one overdosing, then i'd check his notes to see if he has any related notes. If he indeed OD'd the patients i'd PM the player and according to his responses and behavior, i'd then be able to tell if he's just bad at playing medic or outright griefing. If he has no prior notes, i'd slap a note and link him to the doctor guide on the wiki and/or forums. If there are any previous notes or he's obviously griefing, i'd proceed to ban him and ask an admin+ to aheal everyone who as griefed by said player. Rule 4

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    End of round grief rule doesn't apply to antags. Killing an antag (unless specified in custom event description otherwise) after round ends is admisible.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I'd check VVs to see if he indeed did this and track him for a while, then PM the player telling him that this is a LRP behavior and we are an MRP server and link him to the roleplay guidelines. If first or second time, note for future reference. A third time is a ban. Rule 2

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I'd PM this player, link him to the escalation guidelines and tell him he's breaking server rules by omitting said guideline. If first time, i'd note the player for future reference and ask for the dead marine to be ahealed by an admin+.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    If the mutiny didn't follow the correct procedure i'd freeze everyone involved in it, check on VVs who were the main perpetrators, PM them, link them to the mutiny procedures on the wiki. If this is their first offense and the damage of the mutiny heavily affected the round, i'd ban them. If not, it's a note and an aheal to all involved by an admin+. Rule 17

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Subtle racism ICly is ok, as some characters tend to roleplay this way so this would be more of an IC issue until the player roleplaying a racist char crosses the red line.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    This is grounds for an immediate week ban if first offense. In order to ban this person, i'd look up his key and ckey him into a living mob then proceed to ban and note accordingly. Logging off after commiting an offense simply increases the severity of the punishment. Rule 4, rule 2.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I'd immediately PM this player and link them to the rules and explain that larvas can't go to the front or purposely place themselves in danger. If first offense, note, if this is an habit of the player proceed to jobban. Rule 2

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I'd PM this player and link him to the rules, then explain to said player that we don't allow netspeak ICly (aylmao, rofl, such are forbidden) and that aliens are a single hivemind so insulting the Queen also goes against the roleplay guidelines. I'd link said player to both and slap a note for future reference. Rule 6

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Calling things by their names as a xeno is admissible in-game and not considered LRP behavior. The rules don't force xeno players to call marine equipment/vehicles by other names, but are free to if they want.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I'd PM the command staff player telling him that marines aren't supposed to know anything about aliens at roundstart, then link said player to rules and rp guidelines and slap a note for meta. - Rule 10

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Back in the days this was frowned upon, but by what i've seen if the RP reason is totally valid (e.g the pod is about to explode and kill everyone and said person doesn't want to leave) then it's fine to shoot said person and consequently throw them out of the pod to ensure survival.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I'd warn the player that if he keeps up with this attitude i'll punish him for breaking rule 3 (don't be a dick). If he continues, i'd ban for 3 hours if first offense.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    When going SSD, if marines want to avoid being hugged/interacted with they should just move their players to cryopods. This is entirely an IC issue.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'd PM him or tell him over mchat what I feel he did wrong, if he doesn't really want to listen to me or continues doing so and continues with this attitude, i'd have to inform a superior about this and leave this matter on their hands.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Heads have the final say, there's a channel in slack i'd take this up to for a final veredict by the headmods or headadmins on the matter.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I've always liked this community, and my goals are the same as the first time I was accepted as moderators. Give back to the community a pinch of what it has given me: hours of fun. I want to help this sever impove any way I can and this is a way I can do it, and i'm fine with that.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Character overall, severity, impartiality, and a huge sense of duty and sense of belonging to the server. These are the qualities any moderator has to posses and sharpen up every day.

Anything else you
    I'm thankful for being given the opportunity to join the moderator team once again. I have my fingers crossed that i'll get this chance and I can guarantee you all that Loco52 won't let you down, and that he's back for more. I'm not the kind of person that likes to overextend things so I tried to keep my answers simple and straight to the point, I hope you like them and please if you have any inquiry about me or my app don't hesitate to ask. Thank you!
    Last edited by Loco52; 06-20-2019 at 07:22 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can talk to Grimcad about coming outta retirement since you were a moderator and completed your trial etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great! I thought due to the long time I was away my extended leave had, well, expired somehow?. I'll get in contact with Grim and see about that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Returning mod within the 6 month Leave of Absence return frame. Accepted.