User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will you continue to play xeno if they become weak and expendable like WO?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I will quit playing

9 11.69%
  • No I will quit playing

22 28.57%
  • I dont really care

46 59.74%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The faceless horde

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    Right now, from what I see, we are moving towards the split where if you wanna be faceless pert of the hive that goes into the fray and dies, you can. While there will be a different part of hive that has to be careful. Right now this split will be around t1/t2 as faceless horse and t3s as mega important hive subjects that should try their best to stay alive. We will see if we continue this idea or scrap it
    Im willing to take a wait and see approach but I can see potential problems. If t3s become mega important (I would argue they already win or lose games) then what happens when a new or unskilled player gets the t3 position? What about when a great player gets the position, how will marines beable to deal with it? What if most people don't want to play t1/t2 so everyone tries for t3 then just ghosts if they don't get it? T3 is a pretty limited resource so that seems like a lot of cannon fodder compared to actual strong xenos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks Obam...Neth, you killed a topic by addressing the issue. Now we gotta bury this topic and find something else to occupy our time.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone still not see why I made this poll after being in that 3 hour long hive memory test? You cant have endless t3 without giving marines massive reinforcements/1000 req points for shit tons of metal and hprs/tanks/all sorts of bullshit to keep the game going. They will nerf the ever loving shit out of xenos to balance hive memory.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or they could take a step back and say "this wouldn't fit into the game very well, it'd take too long to balance it in an enjoyable way" but that's not really that likely I think.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awantje @awantje commented 11 hours ago

Developer

Its a bit of a meh for me. I would like to see a removal of stuns and insta kills first. Even with those 20 min you still get to play.

https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/ColonialMarines/issues/5473

They want to remove stuns and instakills from xenos. Yall think im paranoid or whatever but everything points to shitty faceless xenos that are no fun to play.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Awantje @awantje commented 11 hours ago

Developer

Its a bit of a meh for me. I would like to see a removal of stuns and insta kills first. Even with those 20 min you still get to play.

https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/ColonialMarines/issues/5473

They want to remove stuns and instakills from xenos. Yall think im paranoid or whatever but everything points to shitty faceless xenos that are no fun to play.
    Oh no! What are we going to do without stuns and one click kills! That will be unbalanced! Doesn't matter that xenos will get DMG buffs to compensate for sure.
    WO still have stuns, it's going away from WO. Besides it's just on gitlab. Might as well just think about this change and this being on my mind has about the same chance to be implemented as something there.

Don't cry becouse they are going to fix the game and change classic "stun and cheapshot" combat to something more fair.

Besides, I enjoy xenos on WO better than during normal gameplay. I can withstand that if I died on WO, this is my punishment. I have to be a fun grinding machine for marines, but I still have a chance to do something without waiting. Who said it's 100% garbage to play as WO alien? Imagine WO aliens on ICE. How epic that would be?

And remember, if they will do something that will "kill xeno gameplay fun", then they will fix it ASAP. Becouse the only thing "fun" for xeno mains is killing marines, then you can be sure, that if "not fun" happens, it will be reverted to the previous state in a blink of an eye.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Oh no! What are we going to do without stuns and one click kills! That will be unbalanced! Doesn't matter that xenos will get DMG buffs to compensate for sure.
    WO still have stuns, it's going away from WO. Besides it's just on gitlab. Might as well just think about this change and this being on my mind has about the same chance to be implemented as something there.

Don't cry becouse they are going to fix the game and change classic "stun and cheapshot" combat to something more fair.

Besides, I enjoy xenos on WO better than during normal gameplay. I can withstand that if I died on WO, this is my punishment. I have to be a fun grinding machine for marines, but I still have a chance to do something without waiting. Who said it's 100% garbage to play as WO alien? Imagine WO aliens on ICE. How epic that would be?

And remember, if they will do something that will "kill xeno gameplay fun", then they will fix it ASAP. Becouse the only thing "fun" for xeno mains is killing marines, then you can be sure, that if "not fun" happens, it will be reverted to the previous state in a blink of an eye.
    You are the most biased marine on the entire forums and your opinion is worthless.

edit: Clarification, Swagile is possibly more biased but he runs off of pure salt driven hatred 24/7 so he is out of his mind. You are the most biased marine that isn't out of his mind.
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 01-08-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    You are the most biased marine on the entire forums and your opinion is worthless.

edit: Clarification, Swagile is possibly more biased but he runs off of pure salt driven hatred 24/7 so he is out of his mind. You are the most biased marine that isn't out of his mind.
    This is the nicest thing somebody said about CABAL. Thanks.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    This is the nicest thing somebody said about CABAL. Thanks.
    You are welcome

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've expressed desire to remove stuns from the game completely to be mostly replaced with slow downs, so it's a good direction to go in if done properly.