User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Awesomesauce935 - Moderator Application

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't say I feel particularly strongly about this application either way. I'd like to ask a few questions myself.

1. Soldier's 2nd question above, but you are one of the marines killed by the predator, rather than just an uninvolved observer.

2. Another staff member ahelps that they were griefed, and would like an aheal. A quick investigation shows that the fight was properly escalated.

3. You ban a player for a rule violation, and they message you via Discord afterwards. They are not being rude, but they are extremely insistent that you were mistaken and banned the wrong person.

How would you handle these?
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    1. Another moderator is synth survivor and ahelps the following "A spitter just blew up a fuel tank and killed me and another survivor." You asked the spitter what happened and he says "I targeted the human to spit and they left a fuel tank there and it just blew up." How would you handle this?
    OK first off, i didn't know that acid spit could pop fuel tanks, every day is a school day i guess. i'm also unsure if deliberately targeting fuel tanks is meta for xenos, given the other degrees of intuition allowed for the xenos in CM. As for what happened, it sucks a bit that the survivors' round was brought to such a swift end which i suppose that would be pretty frustrating without the usual fight. I don't think i would take any action, as the Synthetic and human should have been cautious of the fuel tank, and the spitter quite probably did miss their target as they are likely attempting a capture.

2. A predator at round start immediately goes to the ship, goes to briefing while cloaked and begins to HPC everything in sight and killing every marine while spamming FUCK THIS SERVER! You are the only mod on, how would you handle this?
    While Moderators are not supposed to handle whitelist rule/roleplay standard breaks, this is a whole other matter. This is just egregious grief and massive round disruption, made even more obvious with his screams of "FUCK THIS SERVER!". 7 day ban, file for perma, and discuss with other staff. AHeal everyone affected and do whatever i can to fix destroyed vendors and such.

I'd be bwoinking any predator who is aboard the ship pre-drop anyway if they're not Elder or Event players.

3. A manager runs an event, however it is going horribly and there are constant ahelps that "THIS EVENT IS UNFAIR.." "THIS EVENT SUCKS" "WHO IS RUNNING THIS STUPID SHIT." How would you handle this?
    Managers can see all the Ahelps coming in too. I might mention general player attitude to the event in Msay, but ultimately the content of the event is not my responsibility. I'd either mark the ahelp's as no response, or provide a cookie cutter "sorry the ebent isn't to your liking" response.
    Garviel Rozencruze - Full Time Bravo, Part Time Unga, Robustitude Hobbyist.
    Abigail - I'm not disappointed in you, this is exactly what i predicted.
    Krogur Du'hara - *medic *click *roar "Unknown has thrown the smart-disc." *laugh2

LIZARD PANIC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaperx15 View Post
    1. Soldier's 2nd question above, but you are one of the marines killed by the predator, rather than just an uninvolved observer.
    Since i'm the only moderator on, and since i have all the same information about what happened, i would take the exact same actions, albeit it may take me a bit more time to produce a full resolution and get the round back on track. I'd probably try to get some more staff on too.
    2. Another staff member ahelps that they were griefed, and would like an aheal. A quick investigation shows that the fight was properly escalated.
    With everything being properly escalated, there is no reason to give an aheal. I'd inform the staff member that ahelped that everything was escalated normally, and that it wasn't greif, and show logs if needed. No aheal given.

3. You ban a player for a rule violation, and they message you via Discord afterwards. They are not being rude, but they are extremely insistent that you were mistaken and banned the wrong person.
    I'd show the player relevant logs of what got them banned, and explain the rule they broke and how they broke it. I'd then link them to the ban appeals forum.
    Krogur Du'hara - *medic *click *roar "Unknown has thrown the smart-disc." *laugh2

LIZARD PANIC!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesomesauce935 View Post
    Since i'm the only moderator on, and since i have all the same information about what happened, i would take the exact same actions, albeit it may take me a bit more time to produce a full resolution and get the round back on track. I'd probably try to get some more staff on too.
    As a follow up

A manager DMs you later on discord and wants to know why you took action when you were involved. How would you justify this? (Hint: It can be justified.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a follow up

A manager DMs you later on discord and wants to know why you took action when you were involved. How would you justify this? (Hint: It can be justified.)
    If i hadn't stopped the pred player from murderboning marines in the almayer, the round would have been completely shagged, and as i was the only one online able to do that, i had to take action immediately instead of waiting for more staff. While it's not sensible to moderate yourself when you have been affected by a rulebreak, such as an MP murdering you, this situation is of such scale that the round will be ruined for both marines and xenos if it's not handled ASAP.

LIZARD PANIC!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a trial.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also satisfied with the answers provided. I see no reason not to give him a chance.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good responses to the questions posed to you. Any issues can be ironed out during a trial and you'll get to grips with rules and punishments more firmly when dropped in it. +1
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The joke is what did it for me

Give this man a trial