User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the Introduction of a Master Drill Sergeant

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the Introduction of a Master Drill Sergeant

What do you guys think about it? I took the initative a few rounds ago of joining as a Admin-spawned Drill Sergeant in order to instruct Rookies.

To clarify, the Drill Sergeant is a RP role to ICly teach our newbies to play the game. They would see no Combat at all as their role is mere Roleplay. Also give some RP possibilities to SSGT and lower to the Master Drill Sergeant.

I would like to see a R. Lee Ermey yelling at some fat lazy MP to run laps on the station and also would give a General Use to the firing range with the newbies, i think about four slots, one for each squad prep.

I also though about a BOOTCAMP event, Clearly we don't have enough admins and Moderators to be Drill Sergeants, but some of the vets would be able to join us.

Give me your thoughs.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've already went over this in a thread entirely dedicated to Bootcamp events, they wouldn't work. Nobody wants to pretend this is an ARMA milsim group and be taught how to do everything ICly by someone shouting at them, they just want to play the game and learn from buddies they make.

Marines who already know the mechanics should be taking the time to help people, much like we did during Ssethtide. A role specifically for it serves no purpose other than to jack all the responsibility onto one guy and for other players to stop helping newbies, instead just referring them to the 'guy'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be a logistical nightmare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A volunteer Drill Sarge role, that would be great for rookies, a kinda jump in jump out role too, possibly justified by making the "Sarge" a hologram or working Joe bot.
    Definitly not a round start role, would only create a new MP situation AKA bored shits that got randomly chosen to deal with action shits doing shit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred-Rattling-Reach View Post
    A volunteer Drill Sarge role, that would be great for rookies, a kinda jump in jump out role too, possibly justified by making the "Sarge" a hologram or working Joe bot.
    Definitly not a round start role, would only create a new MP situation AKA bored shits that got randomly chosen to deal with action shits doing shit.
    It is a Volunteer role because one of the points is that the Drill Sergeant WON'T see any action.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imheretohelp View Post
    It would be a logistical nightmare.
    Care to explain?

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    Care to explain?
    1. Get the drill sergeant
    2. Get the noobs to understand where they should be for the drill sergeant RP
    3. Retard wrangle all the noobs to be in one place for epic drill sergeant RP
    4. Teach the noobs how to play the game mechanically in an IC fashion
    5. Handle shitheads trying to intervene or noobs fucking it up without knowing any better

It just goes on and on and on. This simply wont work. If this was added, it would just be the drill sergeant on the radio spamming "g-guys t-t-training at vehicle bay...." and then you'll see a bloody naked guy in bravo prep saying "where vehicle bay?" before logging out
    Last edited by Imheretohelp; 06-22-2019 at 11:47 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imheretohelp View Post
    1. Get the drill sergeant
    2. Get the noobs to understand where they should be for the drill sergeant RP
    3. Retard wrangle all the noobs to be in one place for epic drill sergeant RP
    4. Teach the noobs how to play the game mechanically in an IC fashion
    5. Handle shitheads trying to intervene or noobs fucking it up without knowing any better

It just goes on and on and on. This simply wont work. If this was added, it would just be the drill sergeant on the radio spamming "g-guys t-t-training at vehicle bay...." and then you'll see a bloody naked guy in bravo prep saying "where vehicle bay?" before logging out
    Well, let me work around that.

Drill Sergeants won't tell all noobs to go one place to instruct them all. Drill sergeants will pick one noob, and go thru all instruction with that noob alone.

Issue 5 rarely happens: I gone for two rounds as Drill sergeant and no one tried to intervene. People are more busy getting geared to go kill benos.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, let me work around that.

Drill Sergeants won't tell all noobs to go one place to instruct them all. Drill sergeants will pick one noob, and go thru all instruction with that noob alone.

Issue 5 rarely happens: I gone for two rounds as Drill sergeant and no one tried to intervene. People are more busy getting geared to go kill benos.
    Why make a whole new role for this? Just ask in msay to be spawned in

Yautja Council Member CCRWasHere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you guys think about it? I took the initative a few rounds ago of joining as a Admin-spawned Drill Sergeant in order to instruct Rookies.

To clarify, the Drill Sergeant is a RP role to ICly teach our newbies to play the game. They would see no Combat at all as their role is mere Roleplay. Also give some RP possibilities to SSGT and lower to the Master Drill Sergeant.

I would like to see a R. Lee Ermey yelling at some fat lazy MP to run laps on the station and also would give a General Use to the firing range with the newbies, i think about four slots, one for each squad prep.

I also though about a BOOTCAMP event, Clearly we don't have enough admins and Moderators to be Drill Sergeants, but some of the vets would be able to join us.

Give me your thoughs.
    Drill Sergeants are Army. Drill Instructors are Marine Corps.

Drill Instructors teach recruits how to march in a formation, fuck with them mentally and physically, and get them where they need to be.

You're thinking of Combat Instructors. Marines learn how to kill motherfuckers in an Infantry Training Battalion, not Boot Camp.
    Julian 'Jules' Petrov | MARINE

Jall Thar'n | PREDATOR

Dossier
    Spoiler Spoiler: