User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the Introduction of a Master Drill Sergeant

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    more RP jobs is a big plus for me (CM has more than enough pop to handle it) and a job that was focused on yelling at deltas and helping newfriends I would personally love playing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is useless when players are being low rp in reality. They don't even follow a Captain orders. Make CM HRP and your idea would be great. If moderators are the Drill sergeants then I would disagree for it, lots of players are more better than them.
    Last edited by ChengChan; 06-24-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChengChan View Post
    This is useless when players are being low rp in reality. They don't even follow a Captain orders. Make CM HRP and your idea would be great. If moderators are the Drill sergeants then I would disagree for it, lots of players are more better than them.
    Alongside this, when would you get the chance to teach people? You're going to have at most 20 minutes to teach new marines (unless the commander decides to do a 12:30 drop or something else dumb). Remember that even marines who are going to be taught still need to get suited up and their weapons. And after the drop, you're not going to get the chance to teach ANYONE, besides the odd late-join marine that DOESN'T want to go straight down to the planet for some reason. You could go down and yell at the Fobbits, but they won't listen once the alien menace breaches through Tcomms and the north LZ1 walls.

If we could have a ghost area where dead people can spawn into and experiment with weaponry, then a role similar to this that spawns in that ghost area would be great. But right now, it would be just another boring ship side RP role. And I'm going to stop there before I go on a rant about shipside roles and their jobs (at least the Researchers are getting an update right now).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll have problems teaching them in an IC fashion. At most you need to teach one person in a span of 20-30 minutes using LOOC. And you're doubling that amount if you do it in IC chat and making it harder.
    The role is kinda useless to be honest if in the first place since we already have one. Its called Military Police. I used to do this a lot as MP to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last time a 'Master Sergeant Drill Instructor' came aboard the Almayer whilst I was in Command he was thrown in the brig almost immediately for acting suspicious and failing to follow correct Procedure. I think it's a terrible idea.

Just let the Mods give people wiki links and if people refuse to take the time to learn then fuck 'em.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. IC teaching is tough. Most of the mentoring you see is with LOOC or PMs

2. A lot of new players think they're hot shit and would rather trust their retarded ideas than listening or letting you teach them

3. I'd rather have Chef or Chaplain. Chef since now you can supply most of the stuff in the kitchen with greenhouse and Clonex IV.

4. You'll never be able to gather up all the noobs like someone said. If you're gonna go solo coaching, why do we need this role? Just play PFC, grab a no name baldie with you, and teach him the unga way like Dee always does.
    Last edited by DefinitelyAlone0309; 06-25-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be too fucking difficult and you would have to have multiple ones as people are all over the place.

The new players that I have helped havent even known how to work BYOND, let alone how to equip themselves.

You'd spend all game trying to teach some guy how to pick up items, while the other 5 new guys ran away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best way to teach marines, if they can RP and not freak out when you do it, is to act like Sarge from the All Guardsmen Party.

You dress 'em down for the failures then give them a little love tap or two.

I've got a memorable moment of doing that do my baldie Alphas. Dumbasses couldn't understand Security was a killing zone. After like 5 guys died in there I just went and said 20 people did to really RAM THE POINT IN that you are NOT to go in Sec.

This all said, in a game with multiple lives as you transition from game to game as rounds end... newbies often learn by dying and watching what experienced people do and then kind of following the flow of the field of battle. The ones who become legit vets learn from their mistakes and change from "Lets just charge a tight corridor like dumbasses." Mmm. Wait. Might want to revise that view. I still see tons of vets doing that.

The good vets watch the dumb vets run in and die. Because everyone knows first waves usually die.
    Last edited by Vispainius; 07-12-2019 at 12:30 PM.