User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One of those Rimworld runs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of those Rimworld runs.

Hey, I got something "original". I'm going to be doing a rimworld USCM thing for Rimworld.

Some backdrop of the rimworld story:

The USS Almayer had deployed to an outer colony distress beacon on RIW-1077. There they discovered a threat unlike any other: Xenomorphs which they fought throughout the planet for several days before calling a retreat. Throughout this fight, they obtained intel of lost USCM patrols such as the USS Royce and other such parties that were scattered around the planet. The xenomorph threat was too great and lead to an attack inside the Almayer, leading to the inevitable Self Destruct and the demise of the Almayer. As the Almayer Self Destruct activated, she launched remaining pods and detached the cryopod bay toward RIW-1077. Now the remaining crew of the USS Almayer have to survive the threats this planet had made with xenomorph threat on the rise, CLF bandits all over the world, and insane monsters from whence it came.

So I got bored and wanted a reason to make a USCM group on rimworld. The stranded crew will have to survive on a planet reveling with monsters and crazy things. This is going to be a roster of 20 people, 10 starting, 10 lost (The lost will most likely just be randomly picked characters that I know of or secondary characters that you want, they won't have much stat changes compared to the starting).

Mods include the USCM stuff, AVP, and Xenomorphs. Several cosmetics mods (This does not come with facial hair however), Genetics, Robots, Androids, Rimsenal Stuff, Clucker's Military mods, and really that's it. No major mods to make note of.

The game will be already set up with a somewhat average made base with average equipment in it, and equipment will be dropped along with the starters depending on roles.
    Character Rules/Limitations:
    • (1a)To be approved for Entry, just message me any way possible whether it be on Discord (@Alky | Misfit (If on CM Discord)), Forum Posts, or any other known way of contacting me, the Entry Format is recommended for usage however you can provide any way of information.
    • (1b)There can be a maximum of 10 characters per run however the game may start if there are more than 6 colonist if recruiting has gone awry. There will be no other additions.
    • (2a)You are not allowed to use these following trait(s): Cannibal
    • (2b)You are not allowed to gain disabilities: Xenomorph Impregnation, Neomorph Impregnation, Sudden Detonation, Catatonic Shock, Luciferium Need, Malaria, Dysentery, Plague, Destroyed Appendages, or Missing Brain
    • (2c)You are not allowed to obtain abilities: Bionic Appendages (Unless provided), Megafauna Implants, Genetic Mutations, or AI Implants.
    • (3a)Your designated roles are subjected to be changed based on skill choices. I.E Marine Medics require the Medical Skill, Marine Engineer require Crafting or Construction Skill, etc.
    • (4a)Your equipment will be a full loadout: Primary, Secondary, Melee, and Accessory if you did not specify any equipment, you will be given a standard loadout that your role would have. Specified weapons listed below.

EQUIPMENT:
    • USCM Weaponry: M41A Pulse Rifle, M37A2 Pump Shotgun, M42A Sniper, M5 SADAR, M240 Flamethrower, Mod88 Pistol, M4A3 pistol, M4A4 pistol, Gladius (Steel), Combat Spade (Steel).
    • Yautja Weaponry: Xenomorph Tail Spear (Steel), Bladed Claw (Steel), Yautja Bow (Steel), Needler Rifle, Smart Disc, or Caster.
    • Standard Weaponry: Morika MKIV, Bolt-Action Rifle, Revolver, Most Rimmu Armory weapons (Excludes snipers, LMG's, or Launchers)(Specified weaponry will be made appropriately soon.), and Combat Knife (Steel).
    • Accessories: Military Backpack, Military Tactical Slingback, Toolbelt, Civilian Backpack.
    • Armors: M3 Armor, M10 Helmet, Beret, Ballistic Goggle, Sunglasses, Shades, Rimmunation Clothing.

• (5a)Your characters cannot be in any relationships upon roundstart unless consent from both members, but you cannot be married.
    • (5b)Your characters cannot have any familial relationships on RIW-1077 however you may have familial events which cannot be avoided.
    • (6a)Characters cannot join a session ongoing however you can still provide information.
    • (7a)Characters must be a character that was used in CM hence the reason of this post.
    • (7b)Multiple characters can be posted/made however they cannot be copies of your other character.
    • (7c)Characters are dedicated to their role given, you cannot switch roles that you given yourself. This is not suppose to be an effective group; this is to provide a story where your characters can grow and what tasks were given to them.

FORMAT FOR ENTRY This will make the process of making a character easier.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

1-5=low 6-9=below average 11-14 above average 15-20 high PASSIONS can be any skill of your choice.

There is a list of primary roles and their subroles. Each role has their own skillsets and personal build that your characters may focus on which is varied on your skill of choice and passion distribution.
    ROLES:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CHARACTERS CURRENTLY ADDED TO THE GAME:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Roles: Marines will get skill points relative to their most preferred role. I.E if you picked medic marine, you'd choose the medical skill, etc. etc.

I'll be clear on this, this is not a regular rimworld experience, this will be debugged with a bunch of admin spawned things on start of map and will kinda work like a WO map where you defend the base until the inevitable. We will be working with a Rough difficulty using a storyteller that will constantly throws raids at us.

IMPORTANT: While this is a not a regular experience, I will hopefully compile a story from the mayhem that would ensue, characters in the game are the characters and events will be based on the things that happen in the game. It'll just be shortstories, nothing too big like on the arts & stories.

If this works out, I'll start to make this a regular thing, possibly making it more multiplayer friendly (I.E taking out the QoL mods) and possibly doing a Savage Setting with a storyteller that raids and we can have a game there.

NOTES: I will generally make responses when I see new updates to this, but in the mean time, it will be much easier to get your character descriptions if you have image that you have or if you have the game, the list of stats and backstory. This is to make my time easier, but if you don't have any clue, just give me a brief description of your character. Game moments will either be displayed here-where I'll probably only do the introduction of the marines or upcoming massive shenanigans that transpired between players-or in the Discord "Other-games" channel.

POPULARLY ASKED MODS:
    AVP mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...searchtext=avp

UPDATE!
    UPDATES ARE NOW PURELY ON DISCORD! I will still take characters and use them in the game, if you expect updates here, I apologize.
    Last edited by Alky; 11-24-2019 at 08:04 PM.

Yautja Council Member CCRWasHere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attachment 652Attachment 653Attachment 654

Julian 'Jules' Petrov - Marine Smartgunner

Age - 28 ( biological )
    Random age for chronological; I don't care.

Give me a BIG weapon, and a knife.

Fix any mistakes that may be present in any case where I fucked up.
    Last edited by CCRWasHere; 06-27-2019 at 05:10 PM.
    Julian 'Jules' Petrov | MARINE

Jall Thar'n | PREDATOR

Dossier
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will be the first round storyline, anything that appears to be recordable will be made on this reply here, so if you want to keep updated, see the spoiler stuff.

RoundStart Peepers:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

First group is most likely compiled, I will start the run once I get back from my usual tomorrow. If you want to join, you should get a character in. I also will ask if these characters match your needs/wants.
    Day 1.
    The first casualty. NOD has died due to bloodloss wounds. He got killed by a camel and wasn't found until it was too late.

An event occured! Deser Thar'n and Kestrel Han are in a romantic relationship!

An event occured! Ritona Sterling and Goose Dagen are in a romantic relationship!

An event occured! An unknown ship part crashed which unleashed several xenomorphs upon salvaging. Recovered an facehugged Alpaca

An event occured! Ritona Sterling and Goose Dagen are no longer in a romantic relationship!

Attempted to leave! Ritona Sterling went wild and attempted to leave the colony.

An event occured! Kestrel Han and Deser Thar'n are no longer in a romantic relationship!

Someone joins the colony! A bunch of sheeps.
    Last edited by Alky; 06-29-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I'll get onboard:

Name: Joshua (Synthetic)

No Violence

Passions: Split between, Medical, Crafting and Intellectual.

Any remaining points dump into whatever.

Looks: Caucasian, CIA haircut (not sure what that would translate to in the game), thin build
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hewwo Alky.

I would like to give it a try

Alyx 'Winter' Einzbern (doctor)

Traits: Right Eye (Destroyed)

Skills: make sure to split some between Medical & Cooking, use the rest on any skill you desire.

Looks: a White long hair, her skin is Semi-Albino, small body. ( If possible a eyepatch covering her right eye)

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As per recommendation:

Cabal "NOD" Shephard (PFC/Marine)

Traits: Transhumanist, Teetotaler, Psychopath.

Skills: Artistic, or Plants. Rest is as you choose.

Looks: Caucasian, Green eyes, Goatee without moustache, short hair (crew cut would be fine I guess). Something to cover my face would be nice.
    Cybernetic prosthetics if available, because The flesh is weak!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deser Thar'n (Yautja)

Traits: Bloodlust, Brawler, Tough

Skills: Shooting/Melee

Looks: Whatever the mod allows

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name-Goosen Dagen (civilian)

Traits-Pyromaniac, chemical fascination, volatile.

Skills-Social. Incapable of firefighting, dumb labor, violence.

Looks-Obese, red hair and moustache. Would make a mighty fine hat.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may raise the player count to 8 players instead depending on the amount of people.

The event will most likely start either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. As of today 6/25

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name: Tyson "Bunny" Sphere (Marine engineer)

Pessimist, Steadfast

Skills in construction and bit crafting perhaps.
    Passions to construction, mining and shooting.

Looks like a black beard.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere