June 18, 2019
    Your Character Name?
    Cheng 'Monk' Chan
    Their BYOND Key
    Tetrino
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    GMT+8
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server.

Investigate the situation.

Determine the seriousness of the issue.
    Description of the incident
    Gave a KOS order for a supposed deserting marine over command announcement. Warned. | Tue, June 18th of 2019

I was late round joined as a Captain of that round. The tank crews and marines are complaining of a one marine is shooting the tank and being griefer on that round. They told me "Captain, this marine is shooting at us and what should we do?" Obviously we don't have any Military Police on that time and marines groundside are requesting "Can we shoot him? he's a threat for us!" As a Captain, I can't be useless and I have to decide what shall I do.. Maybe I am the dumbest Captain If I go down and kill him while CIC is understaffed.

That marine isn't deserting, that marine is a griefer as they told me. You don't investigate the situation Tetrino instead you listened from a griefer and was lying at you.

KOS annoucement. It's a roleplay issue, after he got killed by the marines they're happy because the griefer marine is dead. You message me without saying a notes or warning. You talk (blank) and have a nice day.
    Evidence
    I forgot the name of marines are complaining but the situation. But they know that it was an ic issue. As I remembered, the Tank crews told me in command chat, can we kill him Captain cause he's shooting our tank and some marines."
    How you would punish the accused
    Remove my notes. Its obviously an IC issue and the dude who reported me is probably lying at him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    about the situation, rather.*

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A griefing marine is an OOC issue. When faced with an OOC issue, you ahelp it. Staff was distracted with the other matters at the time, so by the time I started my investigation, the round was almost over and you had already performed your action. Conferring with other staff members online, I settled upon the punishment for both the marine in question and you for giving an unlawful order. If you want to argue that it's no different than a BE, COs are supposed to conduct BEs themselves, not defer them to other parties (such as the entire marine force). If you want to argue that COs should have the right to declare any marine a deserter based on what other marines tell him, well, good luck with that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main problem of CM you control the RP of every players in game which is an IC issue.The marines are shouting over the radio chat because that marine is a rogue and they're begging me to let them shoot him. The game is ending and I was confused for the situation groundside. And I think marines didn't killed him or he got killed by a benos but ain't sure. I wonder why you didn't work on it while I wasn't on the round yet if that player is a griefer. For 3 minutes of thinking to give a decision about the situation, I got no choice but to let the marines kill him if he's a real threat since everyone is complaining. If I was giving a unlawful orders, someone can file a complaint throught IC issue. I did my role as a Captain and for the safety of my men.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I can't leave CIC alone. I'm late for that round but my question is. If that player is known as a griefer or being rogue in game while I was offline why in the first place you didn't work on it? or none of you didn't PM him. And I ahelp and ask the situation for that marine. While you're talking for that player Tetrino after I ahelped, you didn't respond immediately instead you wait for me to announce the KOS him since the marines are still complaining especially the tank crews cause they're really mad. You message me without saying a notes or warning and I thought it was fine or not a big issue.

I'll accept my notes since ill be losing this report. Closed this report. Thank you.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Incident with marine and tank

Spoiler Spoiler:

Cheng's Conversation and Orders
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Related ahelps
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Logs:

Incident with marine and tank

Spoiler Spoiler:

Cheng's Conversation and Orders
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Related ahelps
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    I don't know which side is really wrong or who's lying but I said, if he's real threat then kill him or let someone arrest him. I was confused since the two parties are both mad and some marines told me that Johanna is rogue. It's for the safety of marines.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. NO player SO, XO, CO. Has the ability to tell another player to break rules. There are some very rare circumstances where MPs can be told to go on lethals to take down a suspect. But you cannot tell random players to start killing marines. You have a set of IC tools at your disposal as the CO you can use. BE. Execution. Imprisonment. "Whomever shoots him first" is not one of them.

"Roleplay issue" Is not an excuse to go team killing. Or ordering team killing.

Tetrino handled this situation correctly.

Resolved. No action taken.