Date of Incident
    June 18 2019

Your Character Name?
    None

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    ChengChan

Accused Character Name
    Cheng 'Monk' Chan

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    08:15

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 16, Rule 4

Description of the incident:
    While pulling logs for a staff report, I observed the accused order a unlawful battlefield execution which violates the "BE By Proxy Rule." I also saw where he ordered his marines to kill another marine over a improper-escalation incident where he was responsible for ordering those players to violate server rules

It has been stated multiple times by our management that you don't respond to grief with grief. Although he did ahelp it, this was not a situation of a mass murder going off in briefing causing grief, but a case of improper esclation over a IC theft.

Players should not be taking matters into their own hands, that is why we have moderators or a report system for after the fact if it could not be handled.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Logs are in this report:

//showthrea...Report-Tetrino

How you would punish the accused:
    That's up to the council, this player ordered other players to violate server rules and should be held accountable for his actions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The two parties are giving me confuse since the marines are requesting to kill Johanna Caldwell for being rogue groundside. When I logged in as a Captain the tank crews immediately told me that someone is shooting marines and shooting their tank.

Joining in as a late round captain. I don't know what happened and that is why I ahelp since marines are complaining for this marine Johanna.

Tank crews are salty. Johanna is salty. Some marines are salty. And I was confused. Tetrino didn't tell me immediately about the situation so I can avoid the announcement.

The evidence of Soldier, I will ask for a complete evidence for the tank crews are asking permission to kill Johanna or the complains of TCs. You are giving a incomplete evidence by showing my only mistakes for this round.

If you think I ordered players to violate server rules, then you are wrong. Colonial Marines is a medium roleplay and we are suppose to be like in reality. I couldn't leave CIC on that time since we are understaffed and I can't BE him for being rogue or just to go down to kill him. The problem of CM, how can people RP well when you're are trying to stop the enjoyment of every people here.

Let me have a real talk for y'all.

What's the main issue of CM? You are being biased for every players around here or let say a favoritism. That's why old/veteran players are disappearing slowly. I miss the old times, but you're targeting us now. Don't worry, the day will come that CM is full of baldies and veteran/old players are gone forever.

It's your decision whether you throw me out for this community, being a Captain, suspended or either you banned me for breaking the rule 4.

I know my words are rude, but it's time to say for what I've felt since I came back here when my friends are slowly disappearing because you target them one by one including me. Thank you.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You wernt affected by this so I dont get why there is a report made. You could have easily PMd us like so many others have in the past when these incidents happen. Regardless the council will look into this

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imheretohelp View Post
    You wernt affected by this so I dont get why there is a report made. You could have easily PMd us like so many others have in the past when these incidents happen. Regardless the council will look into this
    a Commanding Officer who orders someone through RP to break server rules is a very serious violation. If the moderator wanted to push the issue, they could have issued notes and bans to the players who shot the person even though they were just following orders. Another moderator or admin can post any additional logs, but those in the report should suffice.

Plus he has every right to defend himself and his actions in a public forum, I personally do not like to make reports directly to the Council unless it's for something very minor. When he made that report he subjected himself to opening the door for people to see what exactly happened, and at that point I feel what happened is quite erroneous to ignore.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 06-24-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will now look into this personally along with Emerald, The CO Council will also speak about it, but for now.

Rule 2, No peanut gallery.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Council has reviewed this.

Although well-intentioned, this is a BE by proxy and this is never okay. However, due to the fact that the player was causing numerous problems, was cleanly dispatched and the round was hardly affected; we are going to issue Cheng a heavy warning. If Cheng breaks another whitelist rule, no matter how small, he will receive a two-week suspension MINIMUM.

The Council requests a warning where the next infraction will range from a two-week suspension minimum to a whitelist removal.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mirror the Councils Opinion Cheng, without a doubt by ordering a BE by proxy, even if it was in good attention is a rule break regardless.

So I will place this as a warning, But the next mistake that I find will indeed have to be a 2 week suspension up to a month depending on the severity.

Resolved, Warning added.