Date of Incident
    June 24, 2019

Your Character Name?
    Cassandra Chester

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    chaznoodles

Accused Character Name
    Cyrus Saint

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    12:00

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 2, 3

Description of the incident:
    Incident summed up: Playing a roleplay-wise completely unreasonable character, as a long-time player, knowing that he likely won't be faced with IC consequences due to OOC practices.

Ice Colony, captain. I used an LZ2 tactic that many commanders before me did - as marines often say, they do better without command, so I relied on announcements and my SO/XO using squad messages. All squads followed announcement orders semi-well but eventually fluked out, when the Queen has attacked their backlinnes. Most of them stopped reacting to announcements even though I sent one almost every minute about the enemy's position.

Once a general retreat was ordered, Cyrus & several others went to fix telecomms - something I wanted to ask from our synthetic but he got deactivated (SSD or killed, unsure), so it actually came handy. However, there, the problems started. The moment comms came up:

[10:59:37]SAY: Cyrus Saint/Chaznoodles : CO'S A FUCKING TARD WHO DIDN'T DETAIL ANYONE TO COMMS.
    [10:59:43]SAY: Cassandra Chester/Vicacrov : Saint, repeat that.
    [10:59:51]SAY: Cyrus Saint/Chaznoodles : You fucking heard.
    [10:59:53]SAY: Cyrus Saint/Chaznoodles : Twat.

IRL anything even just resembling this would get you into serious trouble in the army. But knowing that he is a generally problematic player, and that CM can get really heated, I let it slide. I always let insubordination slide once or twice because we aren't a HRP server.

But, not a minute later, he followed it up with a

[11:00:11]SAY: Cyrus Saint/Chaznoodles : Imagine being in command and forgetting the importance of a functioning communication chain.

Seeing he wouldn't stop any time soon, I asked the XO to mark him as insubordinate (since we lack any better button for an arrest order in CIC). At this point, I wanted to get him brigged for repeated disrepect. Again - not for getting up comms and disregarding the "fall back to LZ2" order. Simply because of how unrealistic this was from a marine.

I dropped the case and focused on the mission. You'll see a fully detailed log below if a staff member posts it, but he kept trashtalking me, calling me a "fuckmuppet" and a "grade-one monglet", etc etc. However, the reason I finally asked MPs to arrest him for planned mutiny was this:

[11:06:29]SAY: Cyrus Saint/Chaznoodles : Fuck the MPs, the CO's incompetent.
    [11:06:37]SAY: Cyrus Saint/Chaznoodles : And they're going to have a problem if marines get shipside.

You may say I overreacted - but remember, we were about to evac, we lost rather quickly, and he kept hate-mongering against me. I wanted to make sure that the group of marines coming up with the other dropship won't shoot me in the back as their first act. Therefore, I took the "they're going to have a problem if marines get shipside" as "we'll blast CIC open once we get up". Because we all know how popular it is to mutiny after a failed op.

I asked the MPs to arrest him /when he was fixed/.

[11:13:08]SAY: Cassandra Chester/Vicacrov : Cyrus Saint on Alamo. Get him treatment, then arrest him for mutiny attempt.

A runner was running rampant, so everyone was disoriented, including me. Therefore, I asked about it later, again, emphasizing him to get treatment first:

[11:14:24]SAY: Cassandra Chester/Vicacrov : Is he arrested yet?
    [11:15:17]SAY: Cassandra Chester/Vicacrov : See him treated, then arrest him.

In the meantime, I tried my best to keep other squads informed about his doings when they asked about it, to little to no success. He kept his behaviour up in medical about me and with the CMP (unbeknownst to me, as I was in CIC), see in the full logs, I won't cherry-pick as it would be unfair for this section.

By this time, we all evacced. This is when I hear about this:

[11:20:59]SAY: Unknown (as Cyrus Saint)/Chaznoodles : The MPs cuffed me while I was asleep because they knew that doing it awake would spark shit.
    [11:21:04]SAY: Unknown (as Cyrus Saint)/Chaznoodles : Ain't that some shit.

I completely despise both police brutality and incorrect practices, some people may know it OOCly. Therefore, I followed it up:

[11:21:18]SAY: Cassandra Chester/Vicacrov : That's illegal arrest and I'll talk with them about it.
    [11:21:21]SAY: Cassandra Chester/Vicacrov : Any witnesses to it?
    [11:21:27]SAY: Unknown (as Cyrus Saint)/Chaznoodles : You caused this in the first place, bastard.
    [11:21:34]SAY: Cassandra Chester/Vicacrov : Was it an MP or the CMP?
    [11:21:40]SAY: Unknown (as Cyrus Saint)/Chaznoodles : Imagine dropping marines alone with no comms, and refusing to send anyone to fix it.
    [11:22:01]SAY: Unknown (as Cyrus Saint)/Chaznoodles : Imagine having the man who fixed it arrested for mutiny, after him and a few volunteers give their lives to keep it up for the evac.

And so on, and so on. I didn't care much about him still being a hundred percent, irrationally hostile to me and instead went to investigate the situation. Some marines backed him up, even doctors, so I asked the CMP. He said the MP did it.

[11:21:53]SAY: Cassandra Chester/Vicacrov : I was told you cuffed him while he was asleep. That is not following MP procedures.
    (...)
    [11:24:02]SAY: Cassandra Chester/Vicacrov : Go and teach your MP how to do it. Without following legal arresting procedures, he effectively committed kidnap.

[kidnapping, sic]

Issues didn't stop here, unfortunately.

[11:22:05]SAY: Unknown (as Cyrus Saint)/Chaznoodles : They've now locked me in a storage closet.
    [11:22:16]SAY: Unknown (as Cyrus Saint)/Chaznoodles : Yep.
    [11:22:21]SAY: Unknown (as Cyrus Saint)/Chaznoodles : In a storage closet. With my radio.

Now this was a perfect bait for a mutiny, intended or not. We evacced, MPs were unprofessional, there was nothing to do for the marines. Again, I stepped in to see why this was happening. When I arrived at the brig, Cyrus was in an orange jumpsuit, with a headset (he was given it back after he said so), and cuffed.

[11:25:54]SAY: Cassandra Chester/Vicacrov : Remove his handcuffs.
    [11:26:04]SAY: Unknown (as Cyrus Saint)/Chaznoodles : Here she comes, high and mighty.
    [11:26:16]SAY: Unknown (as Cyrus Saint)/Chaznoodles : Couldn't lead fucking rats with a pipe.

He got uncuffed by the CMP. A good 8-10 marines gathered outside, asked me why he was cuffed. While I was explaining it to them - and god bless them, they listened instead of instantly bashing my skull in - I got reports that the dropship wasn't only taken, but the bugs boarded it. A minute later, around when the hijack happened, the MPs hesitated - so I gave them the verbal order of

[11:27:08]SAY: Cassandra Chester/Vicacrov : Release him, give him back his gear
    [11:27:10]SAY: Cassandra Chester/Vicacrov : We have an issue
    [11:27:35]SAY: Cassandra Chester/Vicacrov : Get red up

To which his reaction was

[11:27:33]SAY: Unknown (as Cyrus Saint)/Chaznoodles : Good work, boys.
    [11:27:39]SAY: Unknown (as Cyrus Saint)/Chaznoodles : CO pussied out, lads.
    [11:27:43]SAY: Unknown (as Cyrus Saint)/Chaznoodles : Good work.
    [11:28:14]SAY: Unknown (as Cyrus Saint)/Chaznoodles : CO pussied out and released me when the marines broke in.
    [11:28:21]SAY: Unknown (as Cyrus Saint)/Chaznoodles : Peer pressure works every time.

Then the dropship crash happened. I haven't met him later but he said he was about to "put a bullet in my head" during the last stand. I died in the CL's office so it never kinda happened.

I won't cherry-pick every little insult that occured between these instances. You'll be able to see it below and they are not really relevant.

I'm here to enjoy the game just as much as everyone else. If I play command, I play command because I would like to herd the players into the direction of xenos, to ensure that req and medbay are functioning and that the MPs do things lawfully. I believe I fulfilled all these roles; and yet one player, who is notorious of his no-RP behaviour when it comes to ranks - something, that's in a military roleplay environment should matter - goes out of his way to ruin it.

Moreso he tries to get others to aid him, knowing that most marine players would be down for mutiny even if just an MP sneezed at them. I'm completely sure he acts with such freedom because he knows the "masses" will stand with him, as seen in the last dialogue:

[11:28:14]SAY: Unknown (as Cyrus Saint)/Chaznoodles : CO pussied out and released me when the marines broke in.
    [11:28:21]SAY: Unknown (as Cyrus Saint)/Chaznoodles : Peer pressure works every time.

I'm not fed up because we lost. I don't care, Ice LZ2 is a hit or miss. I'm irritated because this kind of behaviour is allowed, repeatedly so, when it is nothing but self-serving and toxic. When I asked around, I was told that this was not something aimed at me; this is something multiple command players are faced with. I cannot include them in this report, but I genuinely believe one person's attitude should not be endlessly tolerated by a group, especially if we have a set of rules against it.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    See above. Also I guess I should add this to show his vendetta didn't stop even after dying. Unformatted, without replies to it:

[11:37:01]SAY: Ghost/Chaznoodles : Fuck the CO, seriously.
    [11:37:04]SAY: Ghost/Chaznoodles : Singlehandedly fucked the round.
    [11:37:13]SAY: Ghost/Chaznoodles : Didn't detail anyone to set up comms, at all.
    [11:37:21]SAY: Ghost/Chaznoodles : So I took four men down to set it up via LZ1.
    [11:37:23]SAY: Ghost/Chaznoodles : So I took four men down to set it up via LZ1.
    [11:37:30]SAY: Ghost/Chaznoodles : Called the CO out on it.
    [11:37:35]SAY: Ghost/Chaznoodles : They had me arrested for mutiny.
    [11:37:46]SAY: Ghost/Chaznoodles : Then released me when ALL the marines broke into the Brig.
    [11:37:51]SAY: Ghost/Chaznoodles : the CO's bad.
    [11:38:00]SAY: Ghost/Chaznoodles : Out of the five of us who dropped, three permadied.
    [11:38:14]SAY: Ghost/Chaznoodles : Imagine playing CO and literally not detailing anyone to set up comms
    [11:38:32]SAY: Ghost/Chaznoodles : It's almost like the CO hadn't ever played CM, seeing their lack of knowledge of what comms is.
    [11:38:42]SAY: Ghost/Chaznoodles : Yeah John, that was appreciated.
    [11:38:48]SAY: Ghost/Chaznoodles : The CO pussied out when you all busted in and set me free.
    [11:38:56]SAY: Ghost/Chaznoodles : because games are supposed to be enjoyable.
    [11:39:00]SAY: Ghost/Chaznoodles : Not one person shitting on others.
    [11:39:26]SAY: Ghost/Chaznoodles : There's a difference between incompetence and doing it on purpose.
    [11:39:30]SAY: Ghost/Chaznoodles : I did Leach.
    [11:39:35]SAY: Ghost/Chaznoodles : CO pussied out HARD when you all busted in.
    [11:40:33]SAY: Ghost/Chaznoodles : This round is a demonstration of the power marines have over shitty Command roles.
    [11:50:15]OOC: Cyrus Saint/Chaznoodles : ITT CO doesn't detail anyone to set up comms, arrests the guy who sets it up with mutiny after he drops and half the volunteers with him die, pussies out and lets him go when marine roll up

How you would punish the accused:
    I'm not a moderator.
    Last edited by Vicacrov; 06-24-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reply box deleted my original response, so let's keep this short.

You dropped marines to LZ2 without, as far as I nor the marines were aware, any intent to get comms up. This could be construed as throwing the round, in the first instance. Joining half an hour or so past first deployment, I drop on the Alamo of my own volition with four other volunteers without any prompting, because I know how crucial to the gameplay it is and having the ability to talk to being removed is hugely dumb. The five of us set it up and we promptly hear how awful it's going down there, with a lot of dislike being directed at the CO. With this seeming pretty justified, I throw a few choice insults, and we go back to keeping Comms safe. Someone who wasn't the XO reports me for insub, I accept that as Disrespect is Disrespect and I'll happily hand myself in for that when I get topside. An evac is called shortly after, the boys and I hold Comms until the marines are off, we then blitz for LZ1 and hold it until the Alamo comes and we evac. Out of five of us, one two didn't permadie, myself and the other engineer. I get him to Medbay, harassed all the way by a flood of MPs. In Medbay, severely wounded, MPs keep trying to wordlessly shove cuffs on me in full view of marines. I keep it harmless, bumping the MP who's doing it away while trying to get across that I'm wounded and will happily comply when I'm fixed, said MP draws weapons and promptly gets them tossed across the room, other MPs don't take an issue. Marines present point out that this is how you get an actual mutiny, knowing what we just did to keep comms up so the marines were safe, MPs ignore them.

I get fixed up, MP cuffs me while I'm KO'd and drags me to the Brig. Not once are my charges stated throughout this entire paragraph. Firstly, the MPs toss me into the Maintenance closet and seem perfectly happy to leave me there until I call it out via my headset as they didn't strip me. They hurriedly move to fix this so they don't get found out, fullstrip and punt me in a cell, bucklecuffed. I'm not entirely sure what happened around this point, but marines rallied up for a mutiny without my interference and broke into the Brig shortly after. The CO hurriedly releases me, trying to excuse it as "the enemy are boarding" to save face rather than the fact that they were going to get punted by marines for brigging me. I get my kit, cool the marines off and disperse them, to find out a MP had stolen my shotgun anyway.

I head to the south pods with the rest of the marines and make an off-hand comment about waiting behind and not taking a pod to put a bullet in the CO's head, which you weren't around for so I'm unsure how you know of this. This was never going to happen, as I know the mutiny rules better than barely a few. Eventually, I die, and call out the CO's apparent round-throwing behaviour in dchat, which seems to be echoed by a few.

Here's the thing you missed: Marines were more than happy for a mutiny from the get-go. The engineer on the Alamo trip back up prompted me for a mutiny, which I didn't take up because I just wanted to play the round. I could've kicked a mutiny off in Medbay, but I didn't because I just wanted to play the round. I could've escalated the mutiny in the Brig, but I just wanted to play the round so I dispersed it. If you're going to try and accuse me of breaking the rules relating to harassment and racism and the like, as well as NoRP, then you should probably try a little harder. All of this was handled ICly with zero escalation from marines, and could've went hugely the opposite way if I'd wanted to - but I didn't because I just wanted to play the round.

I'd also like to note that not once have any of the people who've posted ever made a thread about my behaviour, so it obviously hasn't been too much of an issue for them, bar the one who consistently showed a grudge and got banned from the forums repeatedly for it. Also mentioned is:

Quote Originally Posted by Taketheshot56 View Post
    He will them report the CO for BEing him and cause a long winded discussion and just ends with the report being closed. Chazz has been banned from making reports in the past due to this. It just makes little IC sense.
    Maybe if COs were dealt with on-server rather than any ahelp being answered with "They're whitelisted COs, we can't handle them on-server, make a report", this wouldn't be the case. As it stands, player reports are the only way to raise an issue with the hope of resolution regarding whitelisted players, so don't try and blame me for the admin stance on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A word of warning to any potential posters. Personal opinions of Chaznoodles' behaviour are of no use. Any posts along those lines will be deleted and saying "character witness" will not make it any different. If you are going to post as a witness, limit the content of the post to your account of the events of the round being discussed in the OP. Anything else, the staff will get through logs or directly contact those who we believe have something of interest to say. This is not the place to complain about players you don't like.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

I'll be posting his chat logs where theres the insults

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, so we've (head/manager staff) been discussing Chaz's situation as a whole for the past few days. The final verdict we agreed upon was that given everything we've seen over the years with Chaz, he will be receiving a permaban to be appealed on the forums to possibly have lifted at a later time. I'll address some of the main points that contributed to this decision.

So Chaz has been unbanned on the server for ~2 years now and over time his attitude has unfortunately not gotten better with time. While we can't comment about his behavior prior to 2017 due to being before our time, I specifically remember interacting with him during the day he got unbanned 2 years ago and had higher hopes for him at the time as he was a much more pleasant player to talk to. Fast forwarding to today, I can say that I'm personally disappointed at the place he is today. While I won't disclose how many or about what, but Chaz has received so many notes in general that we started to run into issues even getting them all to display and had to update the system to fix the issue. To say he's gotten a lot of chances to improve himself would be an understatement, Chaz has received plenty of chances and warnings to get better but it's been shown that isn't going to be happening.

There is also Chaz constantly clashing with other players ICly and OOCly leading to numerous conflicts with other players. The constant reports, arguments, and issues staff have to deal with is quite tiring at this point, more so when a lot of these take up time for the case to be closed due to no rules being broken. Although these factors have contributed to the punishment given, we do not believe something like this is enough to ban someone from the forums over. As such, Chaz is free to remain on the forums and post as he wishes provided that such posts are not just causing more issues.

Regarding player conflicts, where we won't accept Chaz harassing other players, we won't be accepting anything of the same kind to him going forward. These events are not a free pass to talk shit about Chaz. People have been taking jabs at him in the past and if we do see any cases of this happening going forward, there will be a heavy punishment applied to anyone doing so. If you're going to be talking about people on community servers (discord, forums, in-game server), you're expected to keep things civil at the very least. Hopefully, this won't be an issue we have to address with anyone.

For all the given reasons, this report is now resolved.