User Tag List

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: What thing in the game is not fun?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidofmk771 View Post
    I think the universe of the game feels small. The lore, the exposure to the world outside of a given map and the Almayer, honestly the number of maps altogether. I know spriting and planning all these special things to make the maps feel so different can be cumbersome and generally unrewarding (i'm looking at trijent), but I think a few little things could be added to make the whole world of the game feel like more than a bunch of dead colonists and insane marines, like:

- More customization items, especially for civilian characters; maybe even a special loadout menu for survivors with 10 points and certain "illegal items" avaliable

- Something like newscasters on the walls outside of req/medbay/hangar, like TVs on the wall where marines can read announcements, Defcon/lifeform numbers, and "email-style" pre-written messages about news and events in the universe

- Random events where there are more survivors than usual, or with more Colonial Marshalls per survivor

- Random "bunkers" that spawn in far-flung parts of the map with a small squad of CLF/UPP/PMC and a timelock on the door that opens between 45 minutes and an hour into the round; units could spawn a couple of minutes before it opens so they don't have to wait all round.

- Random USO/Chaplain/Researcher fluff ERTs with very low skills that come to the Almayer on chance occasions to preform some task, maybe sometimes spawning in on roundstart

Little things of this sort that take advantage of rising player rates can make the world of the game feel a lot bigger in my opinion, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it encourages people to meta less and enjoy the scenery more.
    This, for such an expansive universe that has a lot of ground for taking some creative liberties the world in CM13 feels fairly limited to the current map and the ship, it barely feels like there's anything else beyond the Almayer. I think adding stuff like mentioned the post could go a long way into making each round not be a carbon copy of the previous and next ones. We get it, balance, but there's always room for small side stuff that on it owns it's capable of giving flavor to the round without having to spend the first half an hour deleting objects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidofmk771 View Post
    How about giving the CL simple intel-esque objectives for retrieving important corporate data (in a non-intel form to avoid conflict with the DEFCON system), expensive technology, precious gems/metals, and raw cash pallets.

Something I think should go with this: GIVE THE CL HIS OWN SECURITY/TASK TEAM

Could be as simple as two or three slots with standard SMG PMC gear who are held 100% responsible alongside the CL under marine law and chain-of-command. The fact that the CL has zero company security on a ship where the grunt numbers can exceed 80+ is insane, especially given what kind of marines the Almayer holds.

These roundstart PMCs can have their own room adjacent from the CL's room across the maintenance tunnel or somewhere around there. They would basically give the CL people to order around with real authority rather than just plying random boots with money and hoping they don't die after running to the frontlines with their first payment.
    While this might encourage combat CL behavior, I think they would quickly get natural selection'd and it wouldn't affect the overall round anyway. I think the matter would then be what kind of gameplay feedback would the CL (and by extension his bodyguards) get out of accomplishing this randomly generated objective ? Marines get DEFCON points for Intel, what would CL get?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huebone View Post
    ^This.

The standards for a response are constantly rising and it becomes utterly ridiculous to even try faxing. I get it, there's a fax every round and they're probably not that good sometimes, etc etc. But, there's no minimum standard for a fax response, if they like your fax the admins will "maybe" do something. If it's a decent fax, but it's too common, you won't get a response.

Honestly, playing CL and Researcher is the equivalent of playing chaplain or librarian on other servers, you don't get anything to do, and anything you would get to do is entirely based on whether the admins are in the mood to include you in anything they want to do. There needs to be a rework on these jobs, researcher got a botany lab now, that's good, but I have yet to see the CL do anything except loiter around and hope the Corporate is in the mood to take faxes.

It is simply not fun.
    The only response i got from a CL fax was telling me my Faxes were horrible. Ouch. I custom made the template myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting FF'd into Crit right when the fun is about to start

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just a salt post here really, i'mma going to stop
    Last edited by Daman453; 07-22-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cornering a drone with a machete and still losing because of FUCKING ACID BLOOD

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When a new change gets merged and it somehow breaks Pred code because Pred code is a leaning tower of duct tape held together by black magic and dreams. And props to the poor bastards on the dev team who have to sort through the linguine code to un-dun-goof it.
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a marine

Warrior lunges
    Carriers
    Screeches
    Praes oneshotting you from two tiles away
    Any stun longer than 3 seconds
    Critical strikes
    Acid blood

As a xeno

Grenades
    Sadars
    Crashes
    Flak sniper ammo
    Sieging
    Cas strikes

And dunno
    Last edited by Deep Inside Me; 07-23-2019 at 12:47 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chain daze is pretty unfun, especially once you can dual wield m44s

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    chain daze is pretty unfun, especially once you can dual wield m44s
    Revolvers induce Shell Shock? Maybe those sidearms aren't that bad afterall.