User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: What thing in the game is not fun?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Revolvers induce Shell Shock? Maybe those sidearms aren't that bad afterall.
    Certain ammo does, it was in the pistol test. Dunno if it will be live or not.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Certain ammo does, it was in the pistol test. Dunno if it will be live or not.
    Either way I tried once Cowboy loadout and even laser sight - Recoil Comp - Reflex Sight won't allow you to accurately (spread) shoot M44 one handed, not even talking about dual wielding.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Either way I tried once Cowboy loadout and even laser sight - Recoil Comp - Reflex Sight won't allow you to accurately (spread) shoot M44 one handed, not even talking about dual wielding.
    I don't remember the specific patch notes but there was a lot of rebalancing going on and akimbo was a focus of it so im sure they made dual wielding pistols viable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leadership. Marines just don�t listen your orders.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeniyEvgeniy View Post
    Leadership. Marines just don�t listen your orders.
    They generally won't if they don't know you. It's best to assume that Command doesn't know shit about combat, but when some robusto is in command, then everyone who knows that he is, will follow those orders untill major fuckup. Then mutiny happens. Perfect lifecycle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lunge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meta.

Meta ruins everything. You could try to shake it up, supply updates that encourage people to try new things, rebalance so that old metas fade away and force people to readjust how they play, but no matter what you do, meta always creeps in to suck away the fun.

Meta digs in so deep that it makes it nearly impossible to experiment, because everyone, marine and xeno alike, get conditioned by the repeating pattern of rounds to the point that common sense just dies out. LV-624, for instance, is infamous for it's road to hydro being a very prime target, many marine assaults failing because their supply round is constantly under attack and cut off. I remember when sometimes I'd grab a bunch of wood and build a small outpost at the corner of the road when I roll as a grunt, just so I could do something to combat this problem, which did the job for the most part, at least. Most other marines? They could care less. All they do is WHINE and COMPLAIN when they could experiment with solutions that, while they might not work 100%, would at least hinder skirmishing efforts and keep xenos on their toes.

Even xenos have this issue with meta stamping itself into their brains, where drones build in a predicable manner and not even attempt to experiment with different hive designs, often to the point of neglecting the defenses because they put all their eggs in one basket. Or how queens always set up in the same select locations and never mix it up, even on maps where it is possible.

I could ramble endlessly about it, but meta just really hurts a game in my opinion. It gets even worse when people shun you for doing things out of the ordinary, mocking you or insulting you because you decided to do something sub-optimal or strange, simply because it is out of place.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renomaki View Post
    - Meta Snip -
    The only way to combat this thing is to have different gamemodes that run themselfs. Sometimes Marines vs CLF, sometimes Marines vs Benos, sometimes UPP vs Benos, sometimes UPP vs CLF, sometimes Marines vs Zombies, sometimes CLF vs Benos, sometimes Benos vs WY, sometimes benos vs Preds, sometimes more than two parties fighting.

Those factions however have to be much more different that they are now. What is the difference between UPP and Marines? Basically nothing, meta against marines works against UPP.

Benos and marines can't be sure what will happen after drop, otherwise it will always be meta run, because I'm Beno/Marine and I don't have RP/Fun, so I have to murderbone as much as I can in order to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renomaki View Post
    Meta.

Meta ruins everything. You could try to shake it up, supply updates that encourage people to try new things, rebalance so that old metas fade away and force people to readjust how they play, but no matter what you do, meta always creeps in to suck away the fun.

Meta digs in so deep that it makes it nearly impossible to experiment, because everyone, marine and xeno alike, get conditioned by the repeating pattern of rounds to the point that common sense just dies out. LV-624, for instance, is infamous for it's road to hydro being a very prime target, many marine assaults failing because their supply round is constantly under attack and cut off. I remember when sometimes I'd grab a bunch of wood and build a small outpost at the corner of the road when I roll as a grunt, just so I could do something to combat this problem, which did the job for the most part, at least. Most other marines? They could care less. All they do is WHINE and COMPLAIN when they could experiment with solutions that, while they might not work 100%, would at least hinder skirmishing efforts and keep xenos on their toes.

Even xenos have this issue with meta stamping itself into their brains, where drones build in a predicable manner and not even attempt to experiment with different hive designs, often to the point of neglecting the defenses because they put all their eggs in one basket. Or how queens always set up in the same select locations and never mix it up, even on maps where it is possible.

I could ramble endlessly about it, but meta just really hurts a game in my opinion. It gets even worse when people shun you for doing things out of the ordinary, mocking you or insulting you because you decided to do something sub-optimal or strange, simply because it is out of place.
    I agree with this 100%. Without a meta, this game would be much more like the movie because there would be room to roleplay.

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There already is room to roleplay within the established meta. Even if there was the same uncertainty of who you're up against each round like you have in standard SS13 servers, metas would still be established regardless in due time.

The meta isn't the problem, people are just deathly afraid of failure or being punished for experimenting. Some of the best rounds I've played involved questionable or lateral decision-making on both sides: xenos making hives in unusual location, marines altering half the map to create huge FOBs or long protected corridors to skirmish xenos safely, etc. The more freedom players feel they have to make unorthodox decisions, the more often they'll take them.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.