User Tag List

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What thing in the game is not fun?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweaterkittens View Post
    snip
    its not for ic/ooc its for gameplay balance. All the first contact stuff is to slow down meta rushes and all the almayer stuff is to keep people from building ridiculous defenses so aliens cant win (especially with 25 minute timer)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    its not for ic/ooc its for gameplay balance. All the first contact stuff is to slow down meta rushes and all the almayer stuff is to keep people from building ridiculous defenses so aliens cant win (especially with 25 minute timer)
    Oh don't get me wrong, that's what I was trying to say. When I said OOC, I meant that it makes sense within the scope of the game itself, even if it doesn't make sense IC. To put it another way, I completely understand why those things are present in the game because they make sense as game mechanics (OOC), even if they often don't make sense from an in-universe perspective (IC).

My point was that it's just frustrating to hear the call for evac and know how it's inevitably going to end, while being forced to roleplay a complete moron until the hijack message shows up and marines lose, yet again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only part of the game I start to get bored with is generally when the Marines retreat off of the planet, and we have to play the waiting game until the xenos somehow hijack the DS, and we all act surprised for the 1000th time.

I still wish the game would end on the planet. Almayer fights are not that engaging for me. They blend together.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My main complaint is, probably, the way that the post-evac act of the hive chilling for maturation/evolution is treated vs CAS/OB post-evac on the dropship. To give an example:

Marines: Dropship called down? Well, now you can't OB the LZ or use CAS to bomb it unless a flare is dropped on the shuttle beforehand or captured Marines beg for an OB, if even the latter is allowed. OB fired at the dropship? This gets noticed instantly, CO/XO gets bwoinked about it, benos are told "ahelp and we'll fix this" 90% of the time if there's staff on capable of handling it. In fact, a lot of people are uncertain of the exact limits of when you can or can't OB post-evac, so the OB is more likely to go unused than anything if it's not fired immediately.

Xenos: The Queen can call down the dropship, lock it, and then chill by it for as long as they want half the time. If something happens shipside or there's no staff on to deal with it that aren't busy (ie, staff was planning to tell the hive to go up at the 5 minute mark, but a mutiny started and everyone had to deal with that) the hive can just chill for as long as they want until someone notices they're still not going up.

This doesn't happen often, but when it does it's usually BS for the Marines since long delays on the Xenos' side typically lead to either mutinies out of boredom or people cryoing, reducing Marine numbers or making it harder for them to organize on top of getting 5-10 minutes of maturation/evolution unopposed. I think the record was something like half an hour one time, which is particularly bad.

...Oh, that and CAS POs that focus almost exclusively on blowing shit up and don't get medical supplies, if not just completely ignore that the Medevac system exists.
    Last edited by FGRSentinel; 07-11-2019 at 12:55 PM.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a Pilot, this triggers me so bad... like uhm strange the ship went down... better not bomb it and let the enemy use it. Also the Rp on the Hijacked shuttle is so frustrating, like there has to be another way for the Xenos to board the ship somehow. Perhaps reactivate an old one planetside or evolve an organism that can fly/ transport.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribeta View Post
    As a Pilot, this triggers me so bad... like uhm strange the ship went down... better not bomb it and let the enemy use it. Also the Rp on the Hijacked shuttle is so frustrating, like there has to be another way for the Xenos to board the ship somehow. Perhaps reactivate an old one planetside or evolve an organism that can fly/ transport.
    First contact RP and pretending we don't know they're gonna steal the Alamo is just so hard to RP after a few rounds. I understand the reasons why but man its just like a running joke on Comms now, "oh man wouldn't it be crazy if the space dogs stole our DS"

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First contact shit will go away probably as soon as we add another Op4 (probably UPP) to normal distress mode. That's not coming soon tho

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    Actually. This is an awesome idea.
    I will redouble my efforts
    Really funny over there neth. That's why Iike you.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    First contact shit will go away probably as soon as we add another Op4 (probably UPP) to normal distress mode. That's not coming soon tho
    Hell yeah! Another "No" from checklist of "We won't add that never" is changed!

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Hell yeah! Another "No" from checklist of "We won't add that never" is changed!
    I don't have a perfect memory, so I won't say that I never said that. This thing was in plans and discussed internally for like half a year now.

Also I see you won't stop reminding me about xeno names

Well, they are not xeno names, we would never add that

Those are xeno license plates. We never said we won't add xeno license plates with persistent parts