User Tag List

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What thing in the game is not fun?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    I don't have a perfect memory, so I won't say that I never said that. This thing was in plans and discussed internally for like half a year now.

Also I see you won't stop reminding me about xeno names

Well, they are not xeno names, we would never add that

Those are xeno license plates. We never said we won't add xeno license plates with persistent parts
    ya I remember yall talking about adding new game modes automatically a long time ago. I remember yall talking about nightmare being used to facilitate stuff like that a lot easier too. So I figured it was just a big work in progress.

Also I never thought about asking for xeno license plates, so that's my bad.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a perfect memory, so I won't say that I never said that. This thing was in plans and discussed internally for like half a year now.

Also I see you won't stop reminding me about xeno names

Well, they are not xeno names, we would never add that

Those are xeno license plates. We never said we won't add xeno license plates with persistent parts
    When something stays in purgatory so long it's bound to end up like "Research Rework". Few additional features that do more harm than good. It isn't also all about You since there were guys before who said "No". I remember for sure that there was somewhere a question on the old forum: "Did you plan to add new guns to the marines?" and the response always was: "No, because attachements acts like it". Even my own thread about adding Hick's-style sidearms as roundstart loadout, but it was quickly shut down. Now we have one gun that is freely available for PFC's, one hidden behind a kit, one pistol from Req and admin spawned M60.

Also beno license is kinda like a name. You can "name" robot as "X3N0SMAD-666" and it's his name, not ID.
    Despite this, it was more about xeno Identification indeed as I saw that there is a problem. Benomains need that as otherwise stripped from any outside combat fun they grow to a big man-childs who are only calmed down from tears by destroying toys of Marines, ruining their fun in swift pounce, slash and fire immunity.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    When something stays in purgatory so long it's bound to end up like "Research Rework". Few additional features that do more harm than good. It isn't also all about You since there were guys before who said "No". I remember for sure that there was somewhere a question on the old forum: "Did you plan to add new guns to the marines?" and the response always was: "No, because attachements acts like it". Even my own thread about adding Hick's-style sidearms as roundstart loadout, but it was quickly shut down. Now we have one gun that is freely available for PFC's, one hidden behind a kit, one pistol from Req and admin spawned M60.
    Eh, maybe? I got same amount of "wait what" when I proposed carbine from you as I did from some other devs.
    Also I remember that we said specifically that OTHERS should not propose new weapons, not that we "will never add weapons.

Also beno license is kinda like a name. You can "name" robot as "X3N0SMAD-666" and it's his name, not ID.
    Despite this, it was more about xeno Identification indeed as I saw that there is a problem. Benomains need that as otherwise stripped from any outside combat fun they grow to a big man-childs who are only calmed down from tears by destroying toys of Marines, ruining their fun in swift pounce, slash and fire immunity.
    before I assume anything, did you have a chance to look at what xeno ID does?
    Also fire immunity is being looked at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realize this is getting sort of off-topic, but the idea of having some identifier for xenos has really intrigued me since I heard of it, so can you explain what a xeno ID does?

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweaterkittens View Post
    I realize this is getting sort of off-topic, but the idea of having some identifier for xenos has really intrigued me since I heard of it, so can you explain what a xeno ID does?
    you get 1-2 characters that stick to your client before random xeno number, then optional character and optional number at the end of your xeno number, that also sticks to your client (and that you pick)

So right now I play as NT-###-H where ### is random xeno number

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also fire immunity is being looked at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweaterkittens View Post
    "Xeno players can set up prefix and postfix of their number that will be constant between the rounds. Number is still random between respawns."

"Xeno Prefix can be 1-2 letters long and has to use capital letters. If no prefix is set, it will become 'XX' (like species name XX-121)."

Like I can have Young Beno NO-Random Number D and I will have it every round.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Xeno players can set up prefix and postfix of their number that will be constant between the rounds. Number is still random between respawns."

"Xeno Prefix can be 1-2 letters long and has to use capital letters. If no prefix is set, it will become 'XX' (like species name XX-121)."

Like I can have Young Beno NO-Random Number D and I will have it every round.
    so is this still considered a Name by your standards?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so is this still considered a Name by your standards?
    Pretty much.

"A name is a term used for identification. Names can identify a class or category of things, or a single thing, either uniquely, or within a given context." - Wikipedia

Moderator & Synthetic Senator liltiptop's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a fan of screeches and facehuggers. Boiler clouds are also annoying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suicide bombing by marines. It makes sense, sure, but with new neuro unable to stop you from using a nade, It's nearly unpreventable and really, REALLY fucks over xenos in the long run.