User Tag List

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: What thing in the game is not fun?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justicer3792 View Post
    Suicide bombing by marines. It makes sense, sure, but with new neuro unable to stop you from using a nade, It's nearly unpreventable and really, REALLY fucks over xenos in the long run.
    They test our Faith!

Hehe, now I can RP as NOD fanatic. Strap some phoron based explosives and I'm good to go.

All you need is to spit 4 times, or be Queen, or Acid spray, or escape. Not that hard.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suicide bombing by marines. It makes sense, sure, but with new neuro unable to stop you from using a nade, It's nearly unpreventable and really, REALLY fucks over xenos in the long run.
    they just need to make explosions gib bodies that it hits (sadar too) Marines shouldn't be revivable from a grenade right next to them or one they are holding especially chemistry grenades.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    they just need to make explosions gib bodies that it hits (sadar too) Marines shouldn't be revivable from a grenade right next to them or one they are holding especially chemistry grenades.
    Heavy Armor should be an exeption. Just like grenadier armor.

Either way it will also "buff" baldies nading. Imagine dying to nade that some Bald McBaldo throwed next to you. Now imagine this nade gibbing you.
    It should remove random limb (but not head) instead. Maybe more if it's light, or medium armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CABAL, accept that some input is valid, kthx.
    The gib effect could make Marines even better at suiciding however, but I think it would deter some bombers. I was thinking something along the lines of having HEDP not actually damage you if it's in your hand/ on your tile but a unshakeable 20-30 second stun, no clue how to modify HEFA though.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CABAL, accept that some input is valid, kthx.
    The gib effect could make Marines even better at suiciding however, but I think it would deter some bombers. I was thinking something along the lines of having HEDP not actually damage you if it's in your hand/ on your tile but a unshakeable 20-30 second stun, no clue how to modify HEFA though.
    I know that most input is valid, however I look at the bigger picture. Suicide bombers are only a recent problem for some reason (probably because damage was increased). I still don't want to be gibbed by baldie. Broken bones are good enough.

First spit that will hit a marine in light armor will alow basically any caste to outrun him.
    Last edited by CABAL; 07-15-2019 at 06:48 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the reason people are suicide bombing now is because theres no way to stop a suicide bomber (neuro doesn't stun you instantly) and they will die in the explosion leaving their body right where they blew up so other marines can just get them and revive them. The only way to stop it is remove them permanently from the round so they have consequences to their actions.

Sadar used to gib marines all time and the game went on. Baldies used to shoot your head off and the game went on.

the more meme way of fixing it is make neuro cause you to drop grenades (weapons too if you wanna be a dick).

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about nade "husking" marine if nade blowed in his hand, or inventory?

Or making that what beno is aiming spit matter. Like if beno is aiming hand, or arm (no matter which one) then marine will drop whatever he is holding, or unwield if he is wielding, but he won't be slowed down. Aiming and hitting any other body part works like usuall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the universe of the game feels small. The lore, the exposure to the world outside of a given map and the Almayer, honestly the number of maps altogether. I know spriting and planning all these special things to make the maps feel so different can be cumbersome and generally unrewarding (i'm looking at trijent), but I think a few little things could be added to make the whole world of the game feel like more than a bunch of dead colonists and insane marines, like:

- More customization items, especially for civilian characters; maybe even a special loadout menu for survivors with 10 points and certain "illegal items" avaliable

- Something like newscasters on the walls outside of req/medbay/hangar, like TVs on the wall where marines can read announcements, Defcon/lifeform numbers, and "email-style" pre-written messages about news and events in the universe

- Random events where there are more survivors than usual, or with more Colonial Marshalls per survivor

- Random "bunkers" that spawn in far-flung parts of the map with a small squad of CLF/UPP/PMC and a timelock on the door that opens between 45 minutes and an hour into the round; units could spawn a couple of minutes before it opens so they don't have to wait all round.

- Random USO/Chaplain/Researcher fluff ERTs with very low skills that come to the Almayer on chance occasions to preform some task, maybe sometimes spawning in on roundstart

Little things of this sort that take advantage of rising player rates can make the world of the game feel a lot bigger in my opinion, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it encourages people to meta less and enjoy the scenery more.
    Last edited by davidofmk771; 07-15-2019 at 07:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMountain View Post
    Sitting in my quarters watching the cameras, sake bottle in hand, as the Bravos drag another decapped colonist into the alamo and knowing I will have absolutely nothing to do this round but write faxes that will get no replies.
    ^This.

The standards for a response are constantly rising and it becomes utterly ridiculous to even try faxing. I get it, there's a fax every round and they're probably not that good sometimes, etc etc. But, there's no minimum standard for a fax response, if they like your fax the admins will "maybe" do something. If it's a decent fax, but it's too common, you won't get a response.

Honestly, playing CL and Researcher is the equivalent of playing chaplain or librarian on other servers, you don't get anything to do, and anything you would get to do is entirely based on whether the admins are in the mood to include you in anything they want to do. There needs to be a rework on these jobs, researcher got a botany lab now, that's good, but I have yet to see the CL do anything except loiter around and hope the Corporate is in the mood to take faxes.

It is simply not fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about giving the CL simple intel-esque objectives for retrieving important corporate data (in a non-intel form to avoid conflict with the DEFCON system), expensive technology, precious gems/metals, and raw cash pallets.

Something I think should go with this: GIVE THE CL HIS OWN SECURITY/TASK TEAM

Could be as simple as two or three slots with standard SMG PMC gear who are held 100% responsible alongside the CL under marine law and chain-of-command. The fact that the CL has zero company security on a ship where the grunt numbers can exceed 80+ is insane, especially given what kind of marines the Almayer holds.

These roundstart PMCs can have their own room adjacent from the CL's room across the maintenance tunnel or somewhere around there. They would basically give the CL people to order around with real authority rather than just plying random boots with money and hoping they don't die after running to the frontlines with their first payment.