Zarloc - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Zarloc

Marine Name
    Scott McCall

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Ya'jo

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    Yes. When i was very new to the game, i was permabanned in Yog for metacomming and killing someone, because i thought that killing people and looting their IDs was the only way to get aditional access. Recently i got permabanned in Paradise for rescuing someone from a vampire, which they deemed validhunting, but they're very liberal with their permas. I've intended to appeal the Yog ban for the longest time, but i've been having a lot of problems with their forums.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes.

Yautja Character Story
    Born in Yautja Prime, Ya'jo spent the majority of his life in the warmer parts of the jungle, where the vegetation began meeting the dark skies of the volcanic landscapes. Since he was a young hunter, Ya'jo felt very attached to the honor code and his own culture, embracing it wholeheartedly. He partook in many hunts with his fellow Yautja, which made him develop a sense of respect and admiration towards his equals. In said hunts, he was more keen on using stealth to position himself before jumping out of the shadows and using his blades to dispose of his prey silently. There was something fulfilling about killing something fast and painlessly.

As a rite of passage, he was sent to LV-624 to have the biggest hunt of his life, where he would prove himself to the elders and finally earn a spot within the veteran hunters of his species, a goal he was very keen on obtaining.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    I intend to disregard the use of ranged weapons, even on unworthy prey. Most of the time, i will spend cloaked, lurking unseen, yet passive, until i find small groups of worthy prey that fall into my traps to engage and hunt with melee weapons. Mercy is one thing i'm going to be very focused on. If someone fights me to their last breath with honor, i'll pardon their lives and take a trophy from them, letting them live to tell the tale.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    A hunt is very self explanatory, the predator prowls about, seeking prey to...Well, hunt and collect trophies from them. You can hunt two types of prey, worthy and unworthy while you are to avoid innocent prey. There are limitations on the equipment you can use to dispose of worthy prey, but unworthy ones are free game, as they've presumably meta'd the code of honor to avoid conflict. In an honor duel, on the other hand you challenge worthy prey to a fight on equal grounds, providing them with a melee weapon. Disarming and knocking them down before scoring a killing blow is often favored to straight up killing somebody in a honor duel, as they are meant to make the experience more engaging. Additionally, an honor duel is the only acceptable ground on which you can kill a fellow Yautja

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    I'm intending on treating them with respect and admiration, but i'll stay away from their preys and hunt on my own, since I want to be as true to the backstory as possible.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    Because, apart from enjoying CM a lot, i'm a big fan of the movies. I absolutely love Yautja's honor code as they remind me of the Greek warrior's code and i'd just be very happy to play one. Playing a Yautja has something i wanted to do for a while, because i enjoy roleplay quite a bit, but i hadn't been able to make the application until now.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes
    Last edited by Zarloc; 06-25-2019 at 06:18 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the accepted apps and Now look the denied ones, there's a clear difference between them and from what I'm reading in yours, is exactly a denied one.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use whitelist help next time on discord.

Your application is not up to par.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, the name seems really unfitting.

Your forum activity is EXTREMELY low. Like, as of writing this you only have one other post. You should be more active on the forums.

I haven't seen you on the server either. Story is uninteresting and doesn't tell us much about your pred,and the playstyle isn't really anything that stands out. It's what's supposed to make a predator unique.

I recommend reading some of the accepted apps the next time you apply. Better luck then.

Last edited by Enyonggg; 06-28-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at your app, then look at the accepted apps.

Try and use the discord whitelist app help section for help and people to proof read/give advice and criticism

Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to ask you a few public questions here and I'd very much like to get a response to this.

Do you think that your application is up to par with the applications that have been accepted in the past?

As you have stated in your application, you are excited and eager to become part of this whitelist group because you like the roleplay aspect behind predators on the CM-server. Do you think you have put enough effort in this application?

Have you done enough research ?
    "Don't make me put this beanbag in a place where it fits marine."

Medic/Doc : Nick 'Bitter' Sweetwater
    Predator : Aenth An'th

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No real need for me to vote on this. Everyone already said what needed to be said.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a no from me sorry, literally one post being this on the forum, ive not heard of you in game or on discord, the "Story" Is a paragraph and its very apparent you know basically nothing about yautja culture, or what we expect from our yautja. Read accepted apps, use whitelist help, talk to other players and get known in game for good things and well see next time.

H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denied. Make sure to use the whitelist app help channel on discord or ask other players for general advice on your application.