Date of Incident
    June 26, 2019

Your Character Name?
    Bill Carson

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Decker100

Accused Character Name
    Decker Alsimia

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    12:08 Central US Time

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 16

Description of the incident:
    I was Delta SL, after some fighting the planet the FOB was breached, and I went into the cockpit because that the safest place you can be.

The drop ship launched, and then I started getting beat up I think after the XO accused me of launching DS2 - Which I an innocent of and was the basis for my execution.

When DS2 landed back on the Almayer I was being disarmed in a corner by other marines and the captain rushed in and battlefield executed me.

https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Marine_Law#...cer_Provisions

The link above details the reasons why a Captain should BE a player. Below is the copied and pasted guideline below from the link.

Threat to your command. Credibly attempting to or threatening to undermine your command or attempting to remove your command through illegal means. (The CL or other crew reporting you to high command does NOT permit you to BE them. A minor insult or disagreement is not undermining your command, countermanding or refusing to follow orders is.)

1. I was not a threat to command, trying to undermine his orders or tell marines to do things opposite.

Threat to persons. Credibly threatening and attempting to do harm to the CO or to someone while in the CO's presence.

2. I was not trying to hurt anyone.

Threat to the ship. Credibly threatening or attempting to do damage to the ship or the USCM while in the CO�s presence.

3. I wasn't trying to blow the Almayer to pieces.

This situation could of easily been handled by the military police and investigated by High Command.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    PM with ExGame confirming my fingerprints are not on the dropship console.

How you would punish the accused:
    Suspension

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Council has received this report and will discuss it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes multiple people reported whilst the Normandy was in flight that you were the one who launched Dropship Normandy, when I arrived I found multiple people attempting to beat you up for it.

If you had launched the dropship, as was believed by myself at the time, your Execution was for leaving multiple Marines behind putting them at severe risk of being unable to evacuate. Multiple Marines were left behind at LZ2 and only a handful made it to LZ1.

However, it would seem that you were 'framed' as the Normandy's Co-Pilot blamed you and rallied alot of people against you, and a fight was instigated.

I apologise for Executing you instead of the true culprit.

I would like to note that on Sunday I will be gone from CM as I am enlisting. A suspension of my whitelist for a duration of time longer than a week would do very little however I can understand and sympathise with the viewpoint Fitchace has here and I have no intention to object to any punishment issued.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill Carson never touched the dropship console before the Queen hijacked it, but I guess that's established by now.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not pulling logs because I'm sorta involved in taking another ahelp related to this

[12:40:20]ADMIN: HELP: Decker100/(Decker Alsimia): Turns out I BE'd the wrong man. Please tell Carson I apologise. - heard by 5 non-AFK staff.
    [12:40:43]ADMIN: ThesoldierLLJK has used 'Mark' on the Adminhelp from Decker100/(Decker Alsimia).
    [12:41:02]ADMIN: PM: ThesoldierLLJK/(Julio 'Ay-Caramba' Borras)->Decker100/(Decker Alsimia): You can tell him yourself after round he's in the Commanding Officer channel

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the XO in the round, I was not the first person to tell the CO that Carson had launched the Normandy. As the CO was announcing evac, I viewed Carson's Camera and saw him inside the cockpit just as the Normandy launched. I suspected it was his doing based on his reputation of doing cowardic acts for his own personal safety, and after the PO declared that Carson launched, I then forwarded the information to the Captain directly. Other marines also then started stating the same fact. Though when I told the CO, he stated he already knew so I had no impact on this.

Based on the information at the time, I believe the only person who should be punished the person that launched the Normandy as we were being assaulted without orders.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be resolving this shortly after the Council does.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The council has come to an agreement that a one week suspension is in order, BEs require you to know exactly or at least a great deal of what is going on and you were warned for BEs very recently.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As difficult as these particular situations are, This is one where it makes actual sense to have used MP's. In the past I've shot people on presumptions but I've stopped after realizing how much it sucks to be on the receiving end. So the new BE rules would probably outlaw against it.

Your reasoning of you saw him do it makes sense, but that would imply meta knowledge to assume that Carson would do it because "hes a bit of a coward and has done it in the past".

So I will mirror the Councils Opinion and give you a one week suspension.