User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Make Queen a whitelisted / minimum playtime role.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just SOMETHING. Three games in row today, ALL THREE QUEENS WERE SO NEW THEY DIDNT KNOW HOW TO HIVECHAT.

All three were agonizing rounds where aliens got stomped.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlike other servers we don't have the infrastructure to make playtime limited roles.

Making queen whitelisted would be bad, because you need a queen every round. You don't need to have a synth, commander or yautja every round, so it is not an issue if no whitelisted players are online. But if no whitelisted queens are online, what would you do? Making it just prefer whitelisted players won't work for once no whitelisted are online, you are back to the root issue. And staff would need to handle hundreds of queen applications.

It'd be much better to just have "be queen" not on by default. Which I don't think it is right now anyway.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WL queen is not possible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiNerd View Post
    Unlike other servers we don't have the infrastructure to make playtime limited roles.

Making queen whitelisted would be bad, because you need a queen every round. You don't need to have a synth, commander or yautja every round, so it is not an issue if no whitelisted players are online. But if no whitelisted queens are online, what would you do? Making it just prefer whitelisted players won't work for once no whitelisted are online, you are back to the root issue. And staff would need to handle hundreds of queen applications.

It'd be much better to just have "be queen" not on by default. Which I don't think it is right now anyway.
    1. its probably off by default
    2. people are suggesting it only for roundstart queen, and it was suggested to make it a preference, if no WL is ready-d the game can just pick any rando. even if nobody wants to implement this, if the game starts without a queen a drone can evolve into one easily
    3. enough to track connections, not playtime

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't reallyl ike this idea because I mean, How would new players learn to play queen if they never even get to touch it? So what if one round is ruined? There will always be another round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tbh all these "think of the children" and other arguments that were dismantled months ago being constantly reposted makes me wanna blow my brains out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Learn to play queen by playing all castes for some time. You'll have a solid idea.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akabinxstar View Post
    I don't reallyl ike this idea because I mean, How would new players learn to play queen if they never even get to touch it? So what if one round is ruined? There will always be another round.
    Queen is very simple as long as you know how Xeno works and have a feel for all the map layouts, there's nothing particularly unique about it as a role, especially with the upcoming change allowing all Xenos the ability to spectate eachother like Queen vision.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that a soft whitelist would be good for the Queen role. My suggestion would be to set an x amount of time that you need to play as a xeno to unlock the Queen role.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    I believe that a soft whitelist would be good for the Queen role. My suggestion would be to set an x amount of time that you need to play as a xeno to unlock the Queen role.
    Dev already said above that "Unlike other servers we don't have the infrastructure to make playtime limited roles." so that isnt happening.

It just needs to be up to admins like yourselves to step up and swap out STARTING queens that are brand new.

Because that is all the hive (and myself) cares about. I am fine with a newer player stepping up as 2nd or 3rd queen, because it matters a lot less.

But a bald starting queen derails leadership, doesn't provide heals needed to keep younger aliens alive at first contact, and kills the large supply of burrowed upon her death.