Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swagbag - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Swagbag

Player Name You Use Most?
    Samantha Riggs

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    //showthrea...hlight=Swagbag

//showthrea...hlight=Swagbag |
    Banned from Commander, Executive Officer, Staff Officer, Pilot Officer, Tank Crewman, Military Police, Corporate Liaison, Chief Engineer, Chief Medical Officer, Chief MP - Went around to set off random OB and killed 15+ marines with one. ( http://www.cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=17937 ) | Tue, August 21st of 2018

//showthrea...(Job-Role-Ban) | Ditto

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    Nope.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    Where do you think the Battlefield Execution
    I view battlefield execution to deal with immediate threats to the Almayer, yourself, command, and the crew of the Almayer. Say, someone survives bombing medical with a grenade and is within my immediate vicinity and begins to pull out another nade is an instance where I would deem it necessary to BE them.

Another situation that can be worthy of a battlefield execution, for instance, is a squad leader starting to undermine your authority, starting by insulting your command and personal character, in which other people in command and squads start to hop in and join the bandwagon affecting the operation as a whole, if they left it at just an insult however, I would brush it aside and get MPs to deal with it as an insult to a superior officer, depending on how severe the insult was.

Regular execution is for crimes that have stacked and/or whose crimes punishment is execution, such as most capital crimes or say illegal confinement and assault with a deadly weapon stacking, while the BE mechanic is designed to deal with threats to the Almayer, your command, and the crew by the CO personally. I believe it differs from regular execution as said before; to deal with immediate threats where the MPs can't respond immediately and to show authority; however this "showing of authority" is not a mechanic to be abused.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, an insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    Samantha likes to micromanage CERTAIN things and while this is a negative trait for command, it is something of an enjoyable challenge for her. An insubordinate requisitions is easy to deal with, simply show your authority and take control of it, if they try to interfere MP�s can be called in depending on the situation. Secondly, MANY tasks can be delegated to the executive officer, as they are trained for many situations, engineering, basic medical, and construction. If engineering is not setting up the generators, Samantha would most likely send an engineer first, if not, a synthetic, and as a last resort, the XO, followed by MPs if the MT�s and/or CE�s exhibited clear neglect of duty and failure to follow orders. There are some issues you cannot fix, no matter how hard you try. A bad medical team cannot be fixed even with a synthetic, as one person cannot fix everything, only supplement it. If MPs are not doing their job, there is not much you can do, although one simple solution is assigning a SO/XO as a deputy.

As a last resort, Samantha can step in and help with certain issues like engineering and requisitions, albeit Samantha would most likely step in requisitions in the first place at the first sign of incompetence

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The Captain is a role with ultimate authority that has the power to settle disputes and organize everyone to do a singular task, which is essential in providing a constructed environment that lets roleplay thrive.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    The most important thing I think could be added would be a faster tactical-map. The current tactical map update rate is too slow and doesn�t provide enough information in the moment, this is especially vital when you need to make gyazo announcements and squads have moved in a completely different place than the tactical map. Additionally, it�d be nice for special dots designating squad leaders and IOs to be provided on the map, just like the tank is the green dot with the X crossing it. I also believe that issue-orders are too weak at the moment and should be buffed in some manner, albeit I haven�t used the skill set of five for the CO so I can�t completely attest for this.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    As a very active player and previously playing squad leader almost every day, I understand how ground side operations work and can interpret certain information better than some.
    However, this doesn�t mean I get a free pass to metagame to say, the intelligence of xenos and such as a captain, I have to acknowledge they show intelligence when there are absolute hard facts they are in fact, intelligent and not just �bugs,� during first-contact. I think as CO I could contribute to roleplay, specifically with CL�s, such as cooperating with them to more of an extent than other CO�s do, even if this causes some unwanted hatred from regular marines.

Lastly, the commander should not be played to win in an OOC sense, it should be played for the roleplay and for the responsibility it holds, it should also be played to provide players on the marine side with an experience, coordinating them, getting the things they need like supplies, information, overwatch, and while this is hard, possibly giving them a unique experience, which is what I believe every CO should do, provide a unique experience that is special and believable to their CO.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Last edited by Swagbag; 06-28-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey.

I responded really fast because I knew exactly what this app was since you sent it to me before you posted it.

Let me just say that Swagbag has contacted me and several other council members for feedback and advice on this application. He has been working on this for MONTHS and I literally kept telling him "bro you are putting way too much effort into this i promise you'll get it just post it" and he just kept working on it and revising it. It's absolutely insane. I have given him god knows how much advice on proper BEs, ordering people, the role and other shit as well.

Not only that, but he has been playing command roles multiple times a day. It has gotten to the point Swagbag has cucked god knows how many people out of the XO slot and has gained a reputation for it. In terms of Swagbag's gameplay, he is extremely robust. He knows exactly how to get what he wants and not be a shithead in doing so. He knows how round flows, he realizes that CIC is an information aggragate and that any complex mega meme orders are not possible. He is one of the three people I trust in CIC to do exactly what I tell them to do and to find a way to be useful without my express say-so.

This is the easiest +1 of my life and I will literally argue against anyone who gives a -1 and I am not being unironic I will debate you and tell you why you are wrong
    Last edited by Imheretohelp; 06-27-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As soon as I saw Cristobel I wanted to say NO DONT.

But you're not a drunken shithead anymore, and turned around your bad note history.
    Godspeed Captain.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much everything dinkle says sums up what i think so i wont bother with a long explanation but

+1
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck baby good luck. +1

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah good lad. I�ve seen you main SO and play the role as XO many times and I believe you are fit for a commander.

But keep in mind the main responsibility for a commander is to effectively get the job done while they may give great or bad interactions at the same time. Marines will be looking up to you, so give them a good example to follow.

Have courage and be robust. I wish you the best with the application. Waiting for you! +1
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 06-28-2019 at 06:55 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riggs is one of the best (if not the best) active SLs in the game. Wonderful as XO, extremely competent and self sufficient. I know they will do will as Captain, +1

Hope to see Riggs as CO soon, good luck.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rigger.

+1

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your application is well written and quite decent. I have been overseeing you for a while now and finally you decided to place your application. I can say that you've gained experience and more insight in the role and an overall good player to have around.

I am glad that you got into touch with me and the rest of the council for advice and have been working on gaining your application like so, and the rest you will get by experience yourself.

Some last advice that would be useful when playing Commander will be to always have very good knowledge in both SOP and Marine Law, double check things if you are not sure, as those are things you will not want to violate and you will be fine.

You have my approval. +1

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been in contact with you for a long time regarding command stuff. +1 from me fam.